ADVERTISEMENT

Try to beat me

A few from the top of my pointy head:

Poison - Every Rose ... Thorn
Poison - Unskinny Bop
Styx - Music Time
Starship - We Built This City
Europe - Final Countdown (not to mention anything else by this band)
Autograph - Turn Up the Radio

This thread is an interesting read. Some mentions I totally agree with, others are ones I actually enjoy.

Some of my least favorite (without thinking long):
Big Yellow Taxi (...paved paradise to put up a parking lot)
Single Ladies (Beyonce)
New York (Alicia Keys)
Almost any modern “hip hop” song I hear my teenage kids listening to

Reactions: PSUfiji
Reactions: psu_1294
Probably an extremely unpopular opinion, but for me.... 99% of any country music since about 1985 is dreadful, and the more sentimental or patriotic the intent, the worse. Music-wise, that is. I am enough of a farte d'olde that I don't count rap in the same category as music in general, or that genre would win this dubious distinction, at 99.85%.

From my youth: "In the Year 2525" (Zager & Evans? - do yourself a favor and do NOT look it up) was one that had me reaching to turn the radio knob quicker than anything else. So many others, and many were already included in the responses so far. Another good job by the BWI Board posters!

Amazing how universal some music taste/distaste is.
We can disagree on many things, but so many of us like or don't like the same music, comedy, movies, TV, etc. You my boyz (and girlz), BWI Board!

Given all the great music in the 70's, how the hell did Meatloaf ever have any success.

I cannot/will not argue for Meatloaf, but imo, "Paradise By the Dashboard Light" is one of the all-time great novelty songs, if "great" can somehow be ascribed to anything in the Novelty category (Narrator: "It can't.")

Reactions: Judge Smails
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT