ADVERTISEMENT

Too late to portal or declare for draft.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
It seems that KLS and others intend to stay.

I'm haven't been too optimistic about the quality of players who might enter the portal in April but I forgot that grad students can transfer at any time. Maybe something there.

I'm haven't been too optimistic about the quality of players who might enter the portal in April but I forgot that grad students can transfer at any time. Maybe something there.
If he has his head on straight, he's can be an impactful player. He was the only wr having a decent season all things considering until November, when something happened, because all of a sudden passes weren't even being thrown to him.

That's impossible. We were told he was gone.

They can still portal after spring practice.
Yes but why would top players wait until then? Get on with your football career at your new school. I think in April you get more players who learned they're not going to start at their existing school.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
You can still get good players after spring. Louisville got Storm Duck, an all ACC corner, when he found out he was our 3rd or 4th option.

Reactions: JoeParulz
Yes but why would top players wait until then? Get on with your football career at your new school. I think in April you get more players who learned they're not going to start at their existing school.

Right. Most of the players who would portal after spring practice are guys terribly buried on the depth chart (or processed) and it would be rare to find a real impact player transferring then.

He semi-confirmed it yesteray on Twitter that he is returning. Saw a repost (I'm not on twitter) so I cannot link.
Like I said, if he has his head on straight, it definitely would be beneficial if he returns, because he has the ability to be a very productive player.

Like I said, if he has his head on straight, it definitely would be beneficial if he returns, because he has the ability to be a very productive player.
IMHO, the QB is at least 50% of the wr problem. Star QBs make everyone around them better. RB and WR regressed this year. I think AK is going improve Drew 100% with wr passes.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando

IMHO, the QB is at least 50% of the wr problem. Star QBs make everyone around them better. RB and WR regressed this year. I think AK is going improve Drew 100% with wr passes.

PSU can have a solid receiving core with Wallace, KLS and Fleming.

The biggest problem last season was the scheme and Drew being afraid to throw downfield. Yurcich scheme sucked. Many teams running spread offenses scheme WRs open by stretching the field both vertically not just horizontally. Yurcich with so much 12 personnel didn't do this. When you have two TEs running a 5 yd in, 7 yd curl, one WR a 10 yd out and the other 10 yd in route where are the gaps for WRs to run to? Every now and then you'd see one WR go deep on a go route but 85% of the routes were all bunched up within 15 yds of the line of scrimmage.

Then you have Drew who had WRs open by an ocean mile, look right at them, then check down because he was so conditioned to not throw an int.

Last edited:
PSU can have a solid receiving core with Wallace, KLS and Fleming.

The biggest problem last season was the scheme and Drew being afraid to throw downfield. Yurcich scheme sucked. Many teams running spread offenses scheme WRs open by stretching the field both vertically not just horizontally. Yurcich with so much 12 personnel didn't do this. When you have two TEs running a 5 yd in, 7 yd curl, one WR a 10 yd out and the other 10 yd in route where the gaps for WRs to run to? Every now and then you'd see one WR go deep on a go route but 85% of the routes were all bunched up within 15 yds of the line of scrimmage.

Then you have Drew who WRs open by an ocean mile, look right at them, then check down because he was so conditioned to not throw an int.

I'm sorry but most of this is false. KLS nor Wallace were good last year and rarely had separation let alone by "a country mile"

And he told you that much of it was scheme. You don't attempt to stretch the field vertically and everything is tighter. Those players must improve but scheme and the conditioning to always take the check down was a big factor as well.
Allar was, without question, told to play it safe and check down. That doesn't alter no one created separation and players weren't running wide open.

I'm sorry but most of this is false. KLS nor Wallace were good last year and rarely had separation let alone by "a country mile"
KLS is not Jahan Dotson but he played very well the first 9 games. The first 9 games KLS averaged 6 rec 71 yds. You don't think those numbers are good? Wallace got injured but has the ability to put up good numbers. It doesn't help that we had a pass game that was all dink and dunk short passes and no game plan to stretch the field.

KLS, Evans, Wallace...all good size 6-1 great speed running low 4.4 or 4.3s and its just an amazing coincidence none of the can get open?

There were at least 4 times Drew had WRs open deep and didn't throw to them. Two times were by a country mile.

KLS is not Jahan Dotson but he played very well the first 9 games. The first 9 games KLS averaged 6 rec 71 yds. You don't think those numbers are good? Wallace got injured but has the ability to put up good numbers. It doesn't help that we had a pass game that was all dink and dunk short passes and no game plan to stretch the field.

KLS, Evans, Wallace...all good size 6-1 great speed running low 4.4 or 4.3s and its just an amazing coincidence none of the can get open?

There were at least 4 times Drew had WRs open deep and didn't throw to them. Two times were by a country mile.
The games against Delaware and WVU inflate those numbers. KLS was not a good receiver last year at any point. Wallace was completely invisible and couldn't create separation off the LOS. Size and speed don't mean anything if you're not a good route runner. Wallace was also only good against WVU (there's a theme there).

And, no, very rarely was anyone open at all yet alone by "a country mile". Name the game and approximately the time since you seem to remember them clearly. I'll be glad to rewatch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT