ADVERTISEMENT

Tomorrow will be a solemn day... Mass shooting at mosque in New Zealand

That’s terrible. Also, not to be flippant, but a terribly unfortunate place to have such an atrocity occur

I just can’t imagine a human being so full of hate, rage, and mental illness that they perpetrate an attack like this. It’s disgusting and sad.

First time on planet Earth?

tenor.gif

Shootings happen in the inner cities every night. No one ever seems concerned about those.
Those shootings are not the same as mass public shootings. You can pretend they are, but they are not. I volunteer every week to reduce the number of domestic violence killings, which are in the category you reference.

So it is clear your view is you dont care about any of it, right?

Those shootings are not the same as mass public shootings. You can pretend they are, but they are not. I volunteer every week to reduce the number of domestic violence killings, which are in the category you reference.

He doesn’t care about this because it’s Muslims who were killed.

Excellent. Lets now classify murders into good ones and bad ones, shall we?

At this point, these events are simply expected. Why? Idiots play into their hands with faux outrage, finger pointing and blame. They seek to divide. They are winning.

Excellent. Lets now classify murders into good ones and bad ones, shall we?

At this point, these events are simply expected. Why? Idiots play into their hands with faux outrage, finger pointing and blame. They seek to divide. They are winning.

That's the problem with society. All the outrage centers on a tiny minority of gun deaths. The rest of gun deaths are either crime related or suicides. Those don't get any attention.

Reactions: Cosmos

He just hates that one of his sort makes them all look like what they truly are: angry , hateful, pathetic murderers. TNLion is probably smiling today. He posted that he’d kill every liberal if he thought he could get away with it.

..and your take is to blame posters on this board for murders by a Euro in NZ? I am comfortable with my position.
I did no such thing and the killer is an Aussie. What’s the difference where the killer is from? There are likeminded posters here. You spend time at the Test Board so you know this to be true.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
I did no such thing and the killer is an Aussie. What’s the difference where the killer is from? There are likeminded posters here. You spend time at the Test Board so you know this to be true.
I give up. If you don't see what you did I can't help you. its like trying to tell a hardcore alcoholic to not drink. You've got to figure it out on your own.

Reactions: nittnee and 91Joe95
You gave up several years ago and spiraled into weirdness.
- x - = +

I am comfortable with my position. I am not going to blame a poster on this or the test board for a shooting in NZ by an Australian who's ancestors are European and who's primary motivation was a Fin.

Faux outrage and using it to drive politics is the problem and what is fueling these shootings. Read the guy's manifesto, what you are doing is exactly what he wants. Same is true for most of these shooters.

Last edited:
He just hates that one of his sort makes them all look like what they truly are: angry , hateful, pathetic murderers. TNLion is probably smiling today. He posted that he’d kill every liberal if he thought he could get away with it.

I remember that dbag and that thread.
I don't know if that thread was the reason but I think he was perma banned.
Good.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Obli, The best thing ever is you actually believe your all knowing entitled BS you shovel. That ivory tower must be something special.

Well, at least, I know more than you. But that isn't much of an achievement. So I am humble.

Reactions: Ski
Let me be clear, I don't condone violence against any human being, group or religion, but there has been a tremendous amount of animosity brewing in New Zealand between those who have lived there peacefully for 1000's of years and those who have moved there since the mid 1990's. Up until the late 1960's and early 1970's, New Zealand had specific and rigid quotas in place with respect to Muslim immigration. During the mid 1980's, outside pressure from groups in the United States, Great Britain and Germany garnered enough support to force New Zealand to adopt something called a refugee quota which sent immigration numbers "literally" through the roof. This has caused serious friction between Christians and Muslims. In Auckland, Christians have been physically and verbally assaulted and women in particular are constantly intimidated and harassed because of what they wear or don't wear. In Hamilton, NZ there are pockets where only Arabic is allowed to be spoken - that's correct, no English is allowed. Again, I'm not advocating or making an excuse for violence against any one group or religion, but I'm asking that we understand all the facts to what leads up to violence.

Last edited:
- x - = +

I am comfortable with my position. I am not going to blame a poster on this or the test board for a shooting in NZ by an Australian who's ancestors are European and who's primary motivation was a Fin.

Faux outrage and using it to drive politics is the problem and what is fueling these shootings. Read the guy's manifesto, what you are doing is exactly what he wants. Same is true for most of these shooters.

Faux outrage? Are you saying that we as observers have faux outrage? Are you saying that the shooter has faux outrage? It clearly isn't faux.
He didn't blame anyone on the test board for the shootings. You know that of course, but as you are increasingly becoming a troll, I throw my hands up.

Back in the day, our re-up guy asked me if there was any place he could send me to keep me in Navy. There was a comm center at airport in Christchurch. Worked in civvies. He got me orders there but I got out. I had just been overseas for 3 years or I might have re-considered. Sad news. I’d love to visit Australia/New Zealand some day

Faux outrage? Are you saying that we as observers have faux outrage? Are you saying that the shooter has faux outrage? It clearly isn't faux.
He didn't blame anyone on the test board for the shootings. You know that of course, but as you are increasingly becoming a troll, I throw my hands up.
fair enough...put me on ignore. I've long respected your opinion, although I most often disagree. However, go back and read the thread. People are politicizing it. Fact is this was done by an australian who admired a terrorist fin, and shot people in NZ. This has as much to do with the USA as a car bomb blowing up in Pakistan.

Technology is making the world a much smaller place. The internet and low cost travel are causing cultures to clash. Its horrible but it isn't new. I suggest people quit getting emotional, stop pointing fingers, and stop being part of the problem.

fair enough...put me on ignore. I've long respected your opinion, although I most often disagree. However, go back and read the thread. People are politicizing it. Fact is this was done by an australian who admired a terrorist fin, and shot people in NZ. This has as much to do with the USA as a car bomb blowing up in Pakistan.

Technology is making the world a much smaller place. The internet and low cost travel are causing cultures to clash. Its horrible but it isn't new. I suggest people quit getting emotional, stop pointing fingers, and stop being part of the problem.

Obli, I am sorry, that wasn't fair of me. I tend to be emotional first, I have been trying to not do that as much as I have in the past. . So, I sorry about that.

I am just not quite sure what to make of your post. It isn't faux outrage. I think the anger is that words have repercussions.
There are certain people out there who think that they can spout off non-sense and that when people listen to what they say and act out on it, well, it is the people who act out on the words who are to blame. But both are to blame.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT