ADVERTISEMENT

Tomorrow will be a solemn day... Mass shooting at mosque in New Zealand

You sure do, you know a person for any event that has ever happened.....you know everything. All people have to do is ask, your huge f--king ego cannot stop itself from patting itself on the back. Congrats on that.
The best story teller on the board.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Obli, I am sorry, that wasn't fair of me. I tend to be emotional first, I have been trying to not do that as much as I have in the past. . So, I sorry about that.

I am just not quite sure what to make of your post. It isn't faux outrage. I think the anger is that words have repercussions.
There are certain people out there who think that they can spout off non-sense and that when people listen to what they say and act out on it, well, it is the people who act out on the words who are to blame. But both are to blame.
Thanks for that. In turn, I apologize for using the wrong terms. I meant those on TV cable shows pretending to be outraged so they can blame it on someone or something. I didn't mean to suggest anyone on this board was faux outraged. It comes from both sides, of course. IMHO, it is up to US to not feed into that. It only hardens the opposing sides and leads to nowhere.

I remember that dbag and that thread.
I don't know if that thread was the reason but I think he was perma banned.
Good.
It’s scary man. Some people use the anonymity of the internet to out themselves as people who would be great Treblinka camp guard recruits. They despise the “other” but can’t really express that type of mindset in civilized society - and that really pisses them off.

Most interesting are the white people who are so upset they can’t say the n word freely like black People can. Life is so unfair o_O

I wondered when this was going to happen. Radical attacks from one hate group have now spawned a counter attack from another hate group. It was inevitable that one group of crazies would set off an opposite group of crazies. The unfortunate victims are the ones caught in the middle.

Last edited:
Reactions: wilykyote
It’s scary man. Some people use the anonymity of the internet to out themselves as people who would be great Treblinka camp guard recruits. They despise the “other” but can’t really express that type of mindset in civilized society
great post....and if you study the root causes of camps like treblinka, you'll see people using race, gender, religion, country as tools to divide and create hate. The Cause is related to the Effect. My position is to urge people to fight the emotion and hate. Clearly, by your post, you agree.

I wondered when this was going to happen. Radical attacks form one hate group have now spawned a counter attack from another hate group. It was inevitable that one group of crazies would set off an opposite group of crazies. The unfortunate victims are the ones caught in the middle.
Exactly. Read the guy's manifesto. He clearly states that this was his intention.

It’s scary man. Some people use the anonymity of the internet to out themselves as people who would be great Treblinka camp guard recruits. They despise the “other” but can’t really express that type of mindset in civilized society - and that really pisses them off.

Most interesting are the white people who are so upset they can’t say the n word freely like black People can. Life is so unfair o_O

When they tell me that I usually reply "its ok you had your 250+ years to use it and other derogatory terms as freely as you liked. Not my fault you missed your chance.:D

Thanks for that. In turn, I apologize for using the wrong terms. I meant those on TV cable shows pretending to be outraged so they can blame it on someone or something. I didn't mean to suggest anyone on this board was faux outraged. It comes from both sides, of course. IMHO, it is up to US to not feed into that. It only hardens the opposing sides and leads to nowhere.

I think in this case, your argument is coming out a bit tone deaf. Meaning, regarding the Covington kids, or Smollette, you are 100% right. But we are talking about 49 innocent people being shot, it is just a completely different scale. Rage is valid.

I think in this case, your argument is coming out a bit tone deaf. Meaning, regarding the Covington kids, or Smollette, you are 100% right. But we are talking about 49 innocent people being shot, it is just a completely different scale. Rage is valid.
Again, I have no problem with "rage". But leveraging rage for political gain is simply wrong. Just go back and read the thread. A poster posting this "I just can’t imagine a human being so full of hate, rage, and mental illness that they perpetrate an attack like this. It’s disgusting and sad." was attacked by other posters.

My questions are: Really? Is that helpful?

Reactions: Waltwam and OzLion
Again, I have no problem with "rage". But leveraging rage for political gain is simply wrong. Just go back and read the thread. A poster posting this "I just can’t imagine a human being so full of hate, rage, and mental illness that they perpetrate an attack like this. It’s disgusting and sad." was attacked by other posters.

My questions are: Really? Is that helpful?
Having a different option isn't an attack.

Having a different option isn't an attack.
you need to review the posts I responded to. They were, indeed, attacks. I have no problem with different opinions, none.

Attacks? in fact...

WDLionWell-Known Member

You gave up several years ago and spiraled into weirdness.
Yep.​

you need to review the posts I responded to. They were, indeed, attacks. I have no problem with different opinions, none.

Attacks? in fact...

WDLionWell-Known Member

You gave up several years ago and spiraled into weirdness.
Yep.​
That's not the post you were referring too and not the one i consider an opinion.

That's not the post you were referring too and not the one i consider an opinion.
You made a personal attack. Own it. It was just one of several examples I could have used. In this case, it was you.

You made a personal attack. Own it.
This is your post i replied to. Stop changing the subject.

This is your post i replied to. Stop changing the subject.
all countries and laws recognize self defense. I haven't changed the subject, you did. You cannot defend your personal attacks. Check, got it, duly noted.

"There's good and bad on both sides"...o_O

I'd like to see some of the good guys on the bad side.... :/.

And as far as using horrible events like these to further a political cause, the reason is there must be a political/legislative component to any solution. It's not the 'be all, end all', but there is a role. Same with opioid addiction - any solution that doesn't involve *some* legislation to restrict the access/distribution of the drugs (and serious consequences for doing so) is seriously misguided. You're relying on people and/or industry to correct itself? Good luck with that. Let's see how Remington fares in court - hope they're bankrupted.

Reactions: STPGopherfan

It always seems to me the people who believe people aren’t charitable are those who have surrounded themselves with people who are not. In a similar vein, where do you routinely come across people who would make good Death Camp guards? And if you are coming into contact with those kind of people my suggestion would be to either change your associations or get a more realistic world view. I have friends of every political, religious and racial stripe and I literally know no one who is upset they can’t racially abuse others. I am hoping, for your sake, you are just engaging in some weird psychological transference. Elsewise you have the saddest life of nearly anyone I know if you actually hold these notions about humanity you are putting on this board. It seems like you are engaging in the ultimate demonizing of “the other.”

Reactions: nittnee and 91Joe95
all countries and laws recognize self defense. I haven't changed the subject, you did. You cannot defend your personal attacks. Check, got it, duly noted.
Good grief.
I just can’t imagine a human being so full of hate, rage, and mental illness that they perpetrate an attack like this. It’s disgusting and sad.
This is the post that you called replies to as attacks and i called different opinions.
I'll own my attracts. Now spin on.

And as far as using horrible events like these to further a political cause, the reason is there must be a political/legislative component to any solution. It's not the 'be all, end all', but there is a role. Same with opioid addiction - any solution that doesn't involve *some* legislation to restrict the access/distribution of the drugs (and serious consequences for doing so) is seriously misguided. You're relying on people and/or industry to correct itself? Good luck with that. Let's see how Remington fares in court - hope they're bankrupted.

Good grief.
I just can’t imagine a human being so full of hate, rage, and mental illness that they perpetrate an attack like this. It’s disgusting and sad.
This is the post that you called replies to as attacks and i called different opinions.
I'll own my attracts. Now spin on.
I have no idea what your sentence means: "This is the post that you called replies to as attacks and i called different opinions." If you've got a specific example, happy to discuss them.

I know we are getting off topic hear, but I have a friend who is an MD and is working on some possible policies/ solutions from the medical community. This is a very complicated situation which will require the involvement of many.

On topic, I'm at a loss. Though mass shootings are becoming "normalcy", it's still tragic. Though the event happened outside of the US, that doesn't mean that someone couldn't/ wouldn't think it's a good Idea to do it in the US. Furthermore, trying to discuss possible solutions only becomes polarizing instantly.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I have no idea what your sentence means: "This is the post that you called replies to as attacks and i called different opinions." If you've got a specific example, happy to discuss them.

Obliviax said:
Again, I have no problem with "rage". But leveraging rage for political gain is simply wrong. Just go back and read the thread. A poster posting this
"I just can’t imagine a human being so full of hate, rage, and mental illness that they perpetrate an attack like this. It’s disgusting and sad." was attacked by other posters.
You called replies to this post attacks i disagreed that they were opinions.

It always seems to me the people who believe people aren’t charitable are those who have surrounded themselves with people who are not. In a similar vein, where do you routinely come across people who would make good Death Camp guards? And if you are coming into contact with those kind of people my suggestion would be to either change your associations or get a more realistic world view. I have friends of every political, religious and racial stripe and I literally know no one who is upset they can’t racially abuse others. I am hoping, for your sake, you are just engaging in some weird psychological transference. Elsewise you have the saddest life of nearly anyone I know if you actually hold these notions about humanity you are putting on this board. It seems like you are engaging in the ultimate demonizing of “the other.”
What in the ever living hell are you talking about? These aren’t friends, colleagues or associates - they’re people on the internet. You see them on twitter feeds, forums of news sites (of all political bents) and, ironically this board. I mentioned the anonymity of the internet right off the bat.

In my personal life, I would very much agree with you but when was I talking about that. I am the father of disabled boys - a segment of society that has been treated more horribly, more consistently across cultures and races, through millennia, than any other group on earth. Given that experience, I’m pretty well not interacting with uncharitable (to put it charitably) people.

I mean, what in the ****? You know me on this board - where the **** did that come from?

Reactions: BBrown
I know we are getting off topic hear, but I have a friend who is an MD and is working on some possible policies/ solutions from the medical community. This is a very complicated situation which will require the involvement of many.

On topic, I'm at a loss. Though mass shootings are becoming "normalcy", it's still tragic. Though the event happened outside of the US, that doesn't mean that someone couldn't/ wouldn't think it's a good Idea to do it in the US. Furthermore, trying to discuss possible solutions only becomes polarizing instantly.

At some point you're gonna have to say 'F IT' and get something done. The younger folks in this country will likely have the courage previous generations did not - they're the ones watching their friends get killed while hiding under a desk.

Reactions: STPGopherfan
Let me be clear I don't condone violence against any human being, group or religion but there has been a tremendous amount animosity brewing in New Zealand between those who have lived there peacefully for 1000's of years and those who have moved there since the mid 1990's. Up until the late 1960's and early 1970's New Zealand had specific and rigid quotas in place with respect Muslim immigration. During the mid 1980's outside pressure from groups in the United States, Great Britain and Germany garnered enough support to force New Zealand to adopt something called a refugee quota which sent immigration numbers "literally" through the roof. This has caused serious friction between Christians and Muslims. In Auckland Christians have been physically and verbally assaulted and woman in particular are constantly intimidated and harassed because of what they wear or don't wear. In Hamilton, NZ there are pockets where only Arabic is allowed to be spoken, that's correct no English is allowed. Again, I'm not advocating or making an excuse for violence against anyone one group or religion but I'm asking that we understand all the facts to what leads up to violence.

"Literally" through the roof?

And i call bullshit on the hamilton nz story. What happens if you speak english? Executed on the spot?

Obliviax said:
Again, I have no problem with "rage". But leveraging rage for political gain is simply wrong. Just go back and read the thread. A poster posting this
"I just can’t imagine a human being so full of hate, rage, and mental illness that they perpetrate an attack like this. It’s disgusting and sad." was attacked by other posters.
You called replies to this post attacks i disagreed that they were opinions.
Fair enough. I think a response to that simple comment, one that does nothing but express an opinion that hate, rage and mental illness perpetuate attacks like this was responded to as "Really?" To me, that was an insult to the poster. It wasn't an opinion about the incident but an opinion about the poster. Feel free to disagree.

At some point you're gonna have to say 'F IT' and get something done. The younger folks in this country will likely have the courage previous generations did not - they're the ones watching their friends get killed while hiding under a desk.
agree...but it is the "younger generation" doing most of the killing.

"Literally" through the roof?

And i call bullshit on the hamilton nz story. What happens if you speak english? Executed on the spot?
I never said that anyone would be executed, harassed maybe.

When you go from less than 2000 Muslims to 55,000 Muslim in a country with less than 3.1 born New Zealanders who are predominately Christians of European descent its is a significant number. This does not even account for 1/4+ of their population being Asian.

Last edited:
Are they? Majority of mass shooters are between the ages of 20-49. And 99% are male.
"Millennials" are considered those 22 ~ 37 years old. I guess that isn't written in stone anywhere. This shooter, was 28. Parkland, Orlando club shooter, sandy hook, san bernardino, aurora theater shooter, columbine....

as per it being males, yep. reading i've done suggests males act out. Meaning, they get voilent against other people and tend to blame. Women, on the other hand, blame themselves and hurt themselves (cutting, suicide, etc.) .

Faux outrage? Are you saying that we as observers have faux outrage? Are you saying that the shooter has faux outrage? It clearly isn't faux.
He didn't blame anyone on the test board for the shootings. You know that of course, but as you are increasingly becoming a troll, I throw my hands up.
Thank God I never go to the test board and have little clue what many are fighting about in this thread. I’m afraid ignorance is bliss on this one.

A s-load of people were murdered while praying. That sucks. I assume there’s no disagreement there.

Note: This isn’t to call you out GreggK. It just made sense to respond to your message.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Terrible story. WTF is wrong with people? (and I'm not differentiating between this, inner city gang shootings, etc. with my rhetorical question). Maybe I shouldn't refer to such shooters as "people"...

In a story of unfortunate irony, some of the Stoneman Douglas students-turned-activists were invited to Christchurch last year for a leadership youth summit.

Thank God I never go to the test board and have little clue what many are fighting about in this thread. I’m afraid ignorance is bliss on this one.

A s-load of people were murdered while praying. That sucks. I assume there’s no disagreement there.

Note: This isn’t to call you out GreggK. It just made sense to respond to your message.

+100.
Its been talked about more the past week or 2 but it might be time to put the "test board" to pasture.
It seems that a lot of the vitriol, snark and flat out hate is bleeding over from the test board.

+100.
Its been talked about more the past week or 2 but it might be time to put the "test board" to pasture.
It seems that a lot of the vitriol, snark and flat out hate is bleeding over from the test board.

At least here there is some effort to have a ‘discussion’ (probably because this board is moderated). Sharing ideas and points of view is a good thing - the Test Board is about neither of those things. It’s an exercise in tribalism with a race to the bottom.

Wajahat Ali:

"Let me quickly explain why the Christchurch mosque shooting affects many of us, not just Muslim communities. If the shooter's manifesto and social media feed are accurate, he was inspired by a right wing ideological infrastructure that thrives, recruits and radicalizes online.

He wrote a manifesto, just like Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik. He cites right wing personalities and military battles glorified by white nationalists, such as the Siege of Vienna in 1863 - where Europe staved off Islam apparently.

Like mass murderer Breivik, he wants to punish Muslims and immigrants for allegedly invading his soil, he wants to take revenge. Notice the language of "invasion" - does it sound familiar? It should. It's used against immigrants and Muslims in America - 2018 midterms.

He left behind a video, live streamed his rampage w/ a camera on his head, making it like first person video game DOOM. He shared it on social media sites. He wants to be known. He is a hero, a martyr, the one brave enough to do what others can't to save "Western" civilization.

Compare his methods & alleged ideology to Quebec mosque shooter Alexandre Bissonnette, who killed 6. He was a white nationalist who loathed immigrants, refugees and Muslims. Christopher Hasson, a domestic terrorist, just caught, also wanted to kill Muslims, inspired by Breivik.

Compare this to the Tree of Life Synagogue shooter in Pittsburgh. He killed 11 Jewish worshippers. He shared a post on his Gad account about punishing "filthy evil Jews" for bringing in "filthy evil Muslims." This was in reference to the Soros-caravan conspiracy theory.

The underlying ideology anchoring all of this is White supremacy and their main fear is "replacement." That the immigrants, Jews, blacks and Muslims will replace them, the Whites. Remember Charlottesville? "Jews will not replace us." See Steve King's tweets about babies.

We are dealing with angry, disaffected men, mostly White, who find purpose & community with these extremist groups who give them a hero's narrative through violent ideology of White supremacy. They are saving civilization by getting rid of the rest of us. It's like White ISIS.

The victims are not just Muslims, but also Jews, immigrants, refugees, Blacks, Sikhs, Latinos & women (they really hate feminists). It's a zero sum absolutism. No grey area. Just like ISIS. These groups are rising in the US & Europe. They have mainstream elected messengers.

Pay attention. Take this extremist ideology & terror threat seriously. Be wary of politicians, academics & media heads who give it a platform and spout it under the guise of "free speech" and fighting "political correctness." Look out for each other. Love each other."

Reactions: psuro and 8th Man

No worries, I go there and I feel dirty afterwards. If you are left or right but normal, you will be disgusted by the vileness of it.
It is hyperbole turned up to 11.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
ADVERTISEMENT