ADVERTISEMENT

Tomorrow will be a solemn day... Mass shooting at mosque in New Zealand

At the same time you're aghast as political pundits strategize as to who the next non-white Democratic presidential candidate will be because somehow, someway, race disqualifies whites from getting the nomination. Newsflash: two wrongs don't make a right. Life is so unfair. :p
Don’t put words in my mouth. I want centrists elected, but that will never happen now given the political climate.

Let me be clear, I don't condone violence against any human being, group or religion, but there has been a tremendous amount of animosity brewing in New Zealand between those who have lived there peacefully for 1000's of years and those who have moved there since the mid 1990's. Up until the late 1960's and early 1970's, New Zealand had specific and rigid quotas in place with respect to Muslim immigration. During the mid 1980's, outside pressure from groups in the United States, Great Britain and Germany garnered enough support to force New Zealand to adopt something called a refugee quota which sent immigration numbers "literally" through the roof. This has caused serious friction between Christians and Muslims. In Auckland, Christians have been physically and verbally assaulted and women in particular are constantly intimidated and harassed because of what they wear or don't wear. In Hamilton, NZ there are pockets where only Arabic is allowed to be spoken - that's correct, no English is allowed. Again, I'm not advocating or making an excuse for violence against any one group or religion, but I'm asking that we understand all the facts to what leads up to violence.

Thanks for posting. It sounds like a familiar place, where people are being forced into close proximity of one another without the expectation of assimilation. Yes?

Once upon a time my SIL, who's Italian, recounted a story about how her ancestors came through Ellis Island and as part of their processing they were forced to change their surname so that it was easier to pronounce in English. Imagine the outrage if that happened today. It was a different time.

Reactions: RU31trap
Nationalism is a disease.

OMG, here we go again.

Nationalism does not equal racism. If it did then why pray tell have "people of color" chosen (of their own free will) to put on the uniform and defend our liberties. It's not like someone was holding a gun to their head. Talk about lifting up a cheek and blowing it out the proverbial @ss.

If you wish to get into a discussion about nationalism and why borders are necessary then come over to the Test Board. But for now, suffice it to say 'wealth' is a limited commodity and we are organized into groups fighting over it. If it weren't the case then I could have anything I wanted, to include a Bentley in my driveway. Call your bank. I'm expecting delivery from you soon.

Reactions: RU31trap
I wasn't aware you had a point. I was simply pointing out that lacking a fair discussion of violent behavior on all sides is politically based and therefore meaningless banter, regardless of who is the author. You then attempted to soil my point by questioning motives.
I'm not questioning your motive because I think you are racist. It's because you are clearly conservative. you only complained about fairness because the author is criticizing the alt right (for the record, I don't think the alt right has anything to do with traditional conservatism) . You know damn well that if that this was a Muslim terror attack and someone was ripping radical Islam, you wouldn't be asking why they aren't criticizing alt right terrorism. So, don't give me this fairness bullshit.

And as I said in the initial reply to you, the author equated alt right terrorism to ISIS (white Isis). He is telling you that he thinks radical Islamic terrorism is equally as bad. Pretty fair to me.

OMG, here we go again.

Nationalism does not equal racism. If it did then why pray tell have "people of color" chosen (of their own free will) to put on the uniform and defend our liberties. It's not like someone was holding a gun to their head. Talk about lifting up a cheek and blowing it out the proverbial @ss.

If you wish to get into a discussion about nationalism and why borders are necessary then come over to the Test Board. But for now, suffice it to say 'wealth' is a limited commodity and we are organized into groups fighting over it. If it weren't the case then I could have anything I wanted, to include a Bentley in my driveway. Call your bank. I'm expecting delivery from you soon.

Racists often hide behind nationalism.

A 'Mainstreaming Of Bigotry' As White Extremism Reveals Its Global Reach

"Experts who monitor hate groups say the attacks on Friday at the mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, follow a sharp rise in violent white extremism around the globe and especially in the United States.

"They operate in an ideological world of people that reinforce each other's ideas but may never actually meet each other in person," says Kathy Blee, who studies white extremism at the University of Pittsburgh.

It's a common misconception that the average white supremacist is a disaffected white guy with economic anxieties. Blee's research shows middle class and even upper-middle class men from the mainstream are increasingly being drawn into this movement, which is mostly online and worldwide.

"A lot of them are very casual viewers initially, and they get pulled into these very extreme ideas," Blee says.

Blee says this online world is a lot more convoluted and complicated than we think — people who are already spending huge amounts of time online discover or are recruited into racist communities, and they become radicalized, and some are prone to act on this anger urgently.

"It's more that this world can create people, who are aimless, marginalized, isolated and quite extreme in their thinking," she says.

Blee was as horrified as the next person about the murders at the New Zealand mosques, but maybe not as surprised.

Here in the United States, there's been a dramatic spike in white supremacist-motivated violence and murders. According to the Anti-Defamation League, ideologically-motivated extremists killed at least 50 people in the U.S. last year, and all but one of those murders had at least some links to right-wing extremism. Only one, according to its recent report, was blamed on Islamist extremism."

Reactions: smealpsu2005
C'mon Dem. It hardly puts Trump at the scene of the crime. Not you but some on this message string want to infer as much. Let's drop it. It's nonsensical to try to affix the blame. I would also add that racism knows no boundary when it comes to skin color. My wife and I encounter it routinely when in public.
I never said it did. Otoh, I do not recall previous presidents being named in a positive way by racist killers of worshipping victims worldwide. Btw, never confuse white nationalism with patriotism.

Funny how you keep making arguments that sound like Steve Bannon or Stephen Miller. Do you also "accidentally" make the white power symbol when adjusting your tie, too?

Don’t put words in my mouth. I want centrists elected, but that will never happen now given the political climate.

Oh yeah. Then how's it possible Joe Biden leads the field when he hasn't even announced. And who's putting words in your mouth. You're an adult. You're responsible for what you say. So is Omar.

Oh yeah. Then how's it possible Joe Biden leads the field when he hasn't even announced. And who's putting words in your mouth. You're an adult. You're responsible for what you say. So is Omar.
You did - you said I was aghast at what political pundits were supposedly doing. Point out where I said anything like that. I was talking about online extremism and also some white people bemoaning the fact that their freely saying the n word is looked down upon to put it lightly.

Hey, I want Saudi Arabia lit up like a Christmas tree and all the princes, princlings, etc of the Kingdom of Saud put in chains. I also put Muslim extremism first on the list of worldwide scourges, but we’ve got a problem in this country with a rising number of radical neo-Nazi groups. Saying this doesn’t mean I support violent Antifa either. They all suck

Reactions: smealpsu2005
I never said it did. Otoh, I do not recall previous presidents being named in a positive way by racist killers of worshipping victims worldwide. Btw, never confuse white nationalism with patriotism.

Funny how you keep making arguments that sound like Steve Bannon or Stephen Miller. Do you also "accidentally" make the white power symbol when adjusting your tie, too?

You imply it via guilt-by-association, and now you're doubling down.

You've got me consorting with a sordid character in Steve Bannon. There's nothing "funny" about it. Who's next, Adolph Hitler. I don't even know who the other guy is, nor do I care to.

Lumping people together is a dangerous proposition, counsellor. BTW, patriotism is not the exclusive realm of whites. How do we know. Because plenty of "people of color" have died defending our liberty.

If you want to keep 'talking past each other', like making accusations I do the white power salute, then I'm game. But take it to the Test board. This thread has been hijacked enough.

You did - you said I was aghast at what political pundits were supposedly doing. Point out where I said anything like that. I was talking about online extremism and also some white people bemoaning the fact that their freely saying the n word is looked down upon to put it lightly.

Hey, I want Saudi Arabia lit up like a Christmas tree and all the princes, princlings, etc of the Kingdom of Saud put in chains. I also put Muslim extremism first on the list of worldwide scourges, but we’ve got a problem in this country with a rising number of radical neo-Nazi groups. Saying this doesn’t mean I support violent Antifa either. They all suck

In response to your "some people make good Treblinka guard recruits." It's against this backdrop people play the race car over an irrational fear that the boogeyman is out to get them. Context. There's enough conflagration at both ends of the political spectrum.

While we're at it, check out the Southern Poverty Law Center's website. Why they won't list Antifa as a hate group. "Suckage" is in the eye of the beholder.

You imply it via guilt-by-association, and now you're doubling down.

You've got me consorting with a sordid character in Steve Bannon. There's nothing "funny" about it. Who's next, Adolph Hitler. I don't even know who the other guy is, nor do I care to.

Lumping people together is a dangerous proposition, counsellor. BTW, patriotism is not the exclusive realm of whites. How do we know. Because plenty of "people of color" have died defending our liberty.

If you want to keep 'talking past each other', like making accusations I do the white power salute, then I'm game. But take it to the Test board. This thread has been hijacked enough.
Trump has to own it. And his voters like you need to own it too. Go ahead and name the other Presidents named with approval like this by a madman shooting innocent worshippers.

Do YOU believe that White Supremacist Terrorism is a real thing, or not? How about white nationalism? Is that on the rise, or are you still confusing it with patriotism?

In response to your "some people make good Treblinka guard recruits." It's against this backdrop people play the race car over an irrational fear that the boogeyman is out to get them. Context. There's enough conflagration at both ends of the political spectrum.

While we're at it, check out the Southern Poverty Law Center's website. Why they won't list Antifa as a hate group. "Suckage" is in the eye of the beholder.
Any group that allows its members to carry the USSR Hammer&Sickle flag as Antifa does - and parrots their ideals, is a hate group in my eyes.

I won’t Get involved in politics any more but the shooter says that China is the country closest to his beliefs. He is far left, not right. The Ku Klux Clan was almost totally Democrats, even up north. Racism is rampant in every major city and most towns. You can not deny that whites don’t visit the ghetto or that blacks stay away from working class ethnic neighborhoods. The elephant in the room that everyone ignores is the pervasive racism and segregation in our cities and towns, mostly among lower earners if both races.

Reactions: SUPERTODD
I won’t Get involved in politics any more but the shooter says that China is the country closest to his beliefs. He is far left, not right. The Ku Klux Clan was almost totally Democrats, even up north. Racism is rampant in every major city and most towns. You can not deny that whites don’t visit the ghetto or that blacks stay away from working class ethnic neighborhoods. The elephant in the room that everyone ignores is the pervasive racism and segregation in our cities and towns, mostly among lower earners if both races.
Yikes. Wow.

Well Dem in all fairness, just because this dirt bag mentioned Trump as one of his influences does not put the blood on Trump's hands. Or perhaps I am reading too much into your post re: "there were good people on both sides."

The blood is on the hands of the killer. It’s also on the hands of people pushing the twin agenda of open borders and gun control. This is the predictable result.

Reactions: Tri-Power65

Very few of these murderous crazies fit into the neat little categories of “left wing” and “right wing”.

Yikes! Someone thinks differently than I do!?! Yikes!!
LOL, man do some people feel awfully defensive here....but hey...they are keep "politics out of it". Wink, wink....and they probably honestly thought that too which is cute. Everyone not following their ideology is evil and derived from anyone not thinking like them....just ask them and their social media force fed propaganda machines.

Good to know you know my beliefs after one month on this site...awww poor troll had to get a new handle.

original.gif

Last edited:
Thank you for reminding me why I quit the test board and all media news and cable news. No one wins political arguments. Most just get angry and hateful like the media.

So if I say that I'm saddened by the murders in New Zealand, then I'm politically biased if I don't bring up the murders committed by Islamic terrorists?

What about the Pittsburgh synagogue murders? In discussing that tragedy, am I supposed to also mention murders committed by Islamic zealots? Or the Charleston murders? What "sides" are there for any sane person to choose between?

In discussing the murder of Jamal Khashoggi, what am I supposed to add? That, well, y'know, Saudi Arabia is a valuable friend of the US and maybe we should look the other way? (And, no, this is not a shot at POTUSDJT; this has been going on for a long, long time, even after it was discovered that most of the 9-11 bombers were from SA.)

For me, this is terrorism, pure and simple. In such cases, picking a side is simple.

And, just to make my position clear, I've said many times on this board that the US will be fighting Islamic extremism in perpetuity. I've no sympathy for those killers, regardless of my sorrow for the deaths of those in New Zealand.

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threa...t-philly-library-worsens.175208/#post-2818298
Poe's law in full effect :)

What I am trying (poorly) to say is when someone out there in the media world cherry picks a certain type
I'm not questioning your motive because I think you are racist. It's because you are clearly conservative. you only complained about fairness because the author is criticizing the alt right (for the record, I don't think the alt right has anything to do with traditional conservatism) . You know damn well that if that this was a Muslim terror attack and someone was ripping radical Islam, you wouldn't be asking why they aren't criticizing alt right terrorism. So, don't give me this fairness bullshit.

And as I said in the initial reply to you, the author equated alt right terrorism to ISIS (white Isis). He is telling you that he thinks radical Islamic terrorism is equally as bad. Pretty fair to me.

I am going to try and walk back my various comments on this sub thread. I enjoy many things both of you post so this has been bothering me. I agree with each of your follow-up points... I think I just read something different than it seems you both did from the original quote. I get very emotional and thin-skinned when the overall topic of terrorism driven from any type of extremism. I had a family member escape from one of the towers on 9/11 a few minutes before the first collapse. I think some times this negatively affects my point of view on things.

Poe's law in full effect :)

What I am trying (poorly) to say is when someone out there in the media world cherry picks a certain type

I am going to try and walk back my various comments on this sub thread. I enjoy many things both of you post so this has been bothering me. I agree with each of your follow-up points... I think I just read something different than it seems you both did from the original quote. I get very emotional and thin-skinned when the overall topic of terrorism driven from any type of extremism. I had a family member escape from one of the towers on 9/11 a few minutes before the first collapse. I think some times this negatively affects my point of view on things.
I hear you. It's a pretty sensitive subject and I get your reaction.
Let's agree that extremism in any ideology is really bad.
Going forward I hope people can understand that radical Islamists don't represent the views of the vast majority of Muslims, just as radical alt-rightists don't represent the views of traditional conservatives.
Peace buddy.

ADVERTISEMENT