ADVERTISEMENT

Tomlin the Moron.

I don't think the jury is out on Mason. I think all three of our QBs are backup quality.
We have to remember how bad that Cincy defense is especially without Reader in the middle
They aren't going to get rid of Pickett while he's on that rookie deal. Our best case scenario is that they sign Cousins with him starting and Pickett as the backup. Or maybe make a play for Minshew. There's not a lot of good other options. Drafting another QB in the mid first round isn't ideal either.
Steelers were dead set on taking a QB last year. Pickett is still better than Willis or Ridder but no QB should have gone in the first or second round that year. Even Purdy came out of nowhere.
Tomlin's probably going to get an extension and we'll stay "mid" for the next 5-8 years.
Accurate assessment of what is likely to happen. The good Steeler teams of decades ago are becoming a fading memory. The "City of Champions" label for Pittsburgh is long gone. None of the Pittsburgh teams are even mediocre. They are all bad -- Pens, Pirates, Steelers, Pitt football.

Reactions: Washingtonlion
Accurate assessment of what is likely to happen. The good Steeler teams of decades ago are becoming a fading memory. The "City of Champions" label for Pittsburgh is long gone. None of the Pittsburgh teams are even mediocre. They are all bad -- Pens, Pirates, Steelers, Pitt football.
Steelers were pretty bad before Cowher took over back in '91 or '92. it can change quickly. The Pirates have been ruined by their ownership

The Pens are the most frustrating for me. They needed to let Letang walk, probably Geno too. Then they made it worse by adding Karlsson for no reason

Steelers were pretty bad before Cowher took over back in '91 or '92. it can change quickly. The Pirates have been ruined by their ownership
It can but it's difficult in a conference with Allen, Burrow and Mahomes--even if they're not all on the top of their games. Add Lamar (I still don't see him winning the playoffs but...) and Herbert (who I think is overrated) along with Lawrence, Stroud, Richardson and Levis who have all flashed. Even Tua isn't horrible. They need to get a Cousins and develop someone or first round exit is the ceiling.

The Pirates aren't even worth talking about. I'm not sure how MLB is even alive with how they're run.

All in all something needs to change. He has been performing below average in talent evaluation. You can’t afford to miss on as many #1 draft choices as he has.
Tomlin has not had consistent success in the draft. 2011 he picked up Cameron Heyward. 2012 none of the original nine draft choices remain on the roster. same with 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, TJ Watt 2017, 2018 Mason, Rudolph, Chuck Okorafor, 2019 Diontae Johnson, 2020 Alex Highsmith, 2021 Najee Harris, Pat Freiermuth, Dan Moore, 2022 Top 6 remain and top 5 from 2023.
You can punch holes in anything but I think that this is very telling. There was 1 notable Loss from injury. 2018, 2019 & 2020 all misses with his first pick etcetera.

Reactions: pittpsu and bison13
He is a great head coach, among the top 5 to 8 in the league. The majority of teams would take him as their head coach. When it comes to your favorite team, it is very difficult to see the forest from the trees. I am not a Steelers fan, so I am more able to appreciate the success he has had. Truly, the same thing goes for PSU - 90 to 95% of college football would kill have Franklin‘s level success.
Who would take him right now outside of a handful of teams?

the Commanders might, although he'd be walking into basically the same situation and a ceiling of 9 wins
Chargers might. Panthers might. Lots of teams would honestly. He's a black coach that's been successful. He'd be signed almost immediately.

Kenny has played enough to make a decision. He is a no talent mistake. He has to go.
Oh come on. how do you know? It took Kenny 5 years to be good in college. Extrapolating from that I'd guess it would take him 8-10 years to be a good NFL QB. But you want to throw all that development he's had so far away and start over. Some people. Smh.

Well, 15 teams have less wins in the current season and very few current hcs have had as much success over the last 15+ seasons.
But many of those coaches are still new, so I doubt they would get rid of them. That leaves just a few teams that would take Tomlin…not a majority of teams.

But many of those coaches are still new, so I doubt they would get rid of them. That leaves just a few teams that would take Tomlin…not a majority of teams.
He will have options. At least two or three. Once they can all the coaches who are going to get canned on that black Monday then almost all if not all those teams will take a hard look at Tomlin.

Problem is he won't be available then or anytime in the near future. The Stillers will blow the game vs Seattle this weekend in classic Tomlinesque style. That could be any number of ways but I like the Eagles way from a couple weeks ago by giving up a game winning TD drive after playing solid defense for 58 minutes.

Then of course beat a Ravens team who sits all their starters and they finish 9-8 and get pick #17 or whatever and miss the playoffs again.

The Rooneys then extend him on the prayers that the team can improve with Pickett and well, after all, he never has had a losing season. Another lousy first round draft pick and the same bad movie is cued up to play for at least the next three years.

Reactions: bison13
I do think that Tomlin is still in the top dozen or so coaches in the league but nowhere near what he was 5 to 7 years ago. They’ve drafted poorly and the quarterback play the last two years certainly has not helped him.

I know for sure that Washington would be interested in him if he was let go and may even make a trade offer to get him. I don’t think it actually happens because their roster is so bad that they can’t afford to give up picks.

Charlotte and Tennessee would also be two that would take him in a heartbeat.

I do think that Tomlin is still in the top dozen or so coaches in the league but nowhere near what he was 5 to 7 years ago. They’ve drafted poorly and the quarterback play the last two years certainly has not helped him.

I know for sure that Washington would be interested in him if he was let go and may even make a trade offer to get him. I don’t think it actually happens because their roster is so bad that they can’t afford to give up picks.

If Tennessee is dumb enough to move on from Vrabel we should just swap them. Both could use a change but both are good coaches

Reactions: CoastGuard2018
Did anyone watch how Purdy did vs constant pressure this past week? I put 80%+ of the offensive struggles on the line. A certain % goes to divas taking plays off and not getting separation.

Some of Tomlin’s game day decisions should be taken away (challenges, 4th down,..)

Chargers also.

Did anyone watch how Purdy did vs constant pressure this past week? I put 80%+ of the offensive struggles on the line. A certain % goes to divas taking plays off and not getting separation.

Some of Tomlin’s game day decisions should be taken away (challenges, 4th down,..)
Maybe he is suspended for game day? Try that strategy, can't hurt.

What does Belichecks coaching tree look like? Are you going to say he is a bad coach also? Hey it may be time for Tomlin to move on not going to argue that point. The moron and racially tinged comments are what I have a problem with.
Belicheat’s tree is nothing but failures. Heck even he is a failure without Tom Brady

Wow crickets today. Guess the moron knows a little more football than all the keyboard Vince Lombards on this board. 😂

Penguins are hottest team in NHL and best team in salary cap era and the best team over last 30 years. So there is that.

Wow crickets today. Guess the moron knows a little more football than all the keyboard Vince Lombards on this board. 😂
When they win a playoff game people will back off. They're 9-7 and need help to make the playoffs because they lose to Arizona and NE at home. Lamar already handed them one game...now he'll likely sit out and hand them a second.

I'm not sure what anyone thinks beating a mediocre Seattle team proved other than the Steelers will be picking late teens again and are unlikely to get a difference maker.

Reactions: CoastGuard2018
And while Rudolph leads them to a 2nd win in a row, the dummy still babbles about Pickett.

Rumdum probably goes into his locker sniffing his jock and u-trou.

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
Penguins are hottest team in NHL and best team in salary cap era and the best team over last 30 years. So there is that.
Pens hottest team in NHL?? They have won 3 in a row. Seattle and Florida have won 4 in a row and Edmonton has won 5 in a row. Pens are currently in second to last place and out of the playoffs. Their fate is tied to 3 old men who usually get hurt around this time in the season. Don't get me wrong. I root for the Pens. As you say they used to be great. Now not so much. Their biggest problem is that their total salary is dominated by the 3 old men. They don't have salary room to bring in new talent. They need to dump Malkin and Letang to make salary space to bring in new talent.

Pens hottest team in NHL?? They have won 3 in a row. Seattle and Florida have won 4 in a row and Edmonton has won 5 in a row. Pens are currently in second to last place and out of the playoffs. Their fate is tied to 3 old men who usually get hurt around this time in the season. Don't get me wrong. I root for the Pens. As you say they used to be great. Now not so much. Their biggest problem is that their total salary is dominated by the 3 old men. They don't have salary room to bring in new talent. They need to dump Malkin and Letang to make salary space to bring in new talent.
Problem is who would take Malkin?

Problem is who would take Malkin?
I think "who would take Letang" is the bigger issue
Geno has 3 years left. Letang for some ungodly reason has 5
Neither probably should have been resigned but Sid makes a lot of decisions

Well they’re going to gift wrap him the 10th win next week. Try not to mess in your pants over the thoughts of the sweep.
No worries. Tomlin has been superior to Harbaugh on a very consistent basis. No signs that will change soon.

Maybe beat them again in the playoffs for good measure.

Pens are hottest team in NHL. They are getting healthy and also getting top 10
goaltending fro both goalies. Once EK 65 gets totally acclimated and power play really click - look out. And they are the best team in salary cap eta and over past 30 years.

Not a great team anymore. But those “old men” are playing well. Hell, Letsng to broke an all-time NHL record for assists in a game. A dangerous team.

I think "who would take Letang" is the bigger issue
Geno has 3 years left. Letang for some ungodly reason has 5
Neither probably should have been resigned but Sid makes a lot of decisions
He has more than earned having input.

And you know he makes decisions? Better contact FSG. They are paying Dubas big bucks. I am sure they will take your call! lol
If you don't believe Sid's been making decision for years I don't know what to tell you
He holds that power because he can leave but Geno and Letang are still here because Sid wants them here.

No worries. Tomlin has been superior to Harbaugh on a very consistent basis. No signs that will change soon.

Maybe beat them again in the playoffs for good measure.
Harbaugh - 7 seasons out of 16 with at least 1 win in the playoffs. And the favorite to win it all this year.
Tomlin - 4 season out of 17 with at least 1 win in the playoffs.

Superior at what?

If you don't believe Sid's been making decision for years I don't know what to tell you
He holds that power because he can leave but Geno and Letang are still here because Sid wants them here.
So you make things up and declare them to be true? Is that how it works? I have a number of close contact at within Pens organization. But I have no idea on their decision-making process. FSG is a serious ownership team. And Mario still has some input. But they are not talking. So you are just guessing.

And I am glad Geno and Letang are still here. Hall-of-gamers, gamers, and still great players!

Reactions: joeaubie21
Harbaugh - 7 seasons out of 16 with at least 1 win in the playoffs. And the favorite to win it all this year.
Tomlin - 4 season out of 17 with at least 1 win in the playoffs.

Superior at what?
Check their head-to-head records. Winning season streaks, super bowls, Super Bowl appearances.

Favored to win it all? We’ll see. I believe it when I see it. Lamar is as dumb as a bag of rocks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT