ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Ryan takes a shot at PSU on the tweeter machine

While I agree with what is stated above, I do not think it enters into PSU wrestling tickets. Certainly not with Rec Hall event that are sold out with season ticket holders. And I probably not with BJC wrestling events, at least if they sell out in the NLC pre-sale, since you need to be a NLC member and number of tickets are capped by your donation level. There are probably some group sales but I think you do those on the phone with a person so no bots involved.
Now, my son wanted Eagles playoff tickets, went on sale each week at 10 but never any available, it is getting ridiculous in those examples.

Reactions: dropster45
Hence the question...
This has changed over time, but I think the latest is 10% charge to the seller, 25% charge to the buyer.

As I understand it, if I buy a $20 ticket from PSU, and sell it for $100, I'll get $90 (less the original $20), the buyer pays $125. PSU doesn't make any money from the transaction.

Wow, I did not realize the fees had gotten that high. Got burned some years back on a sale on ebay so I have stayed away from those sites since then, but know basically how they work.
Their guarantees are much better now, I could see being burned by ebay in the past, but I believe, if you are willing to pay the price and the fee, you are protected.

stubhub fees are crazy but it does do the best job of getting eyes on your tickets. i'm a season ticket holder to the flyers and i try to sell as many tickets as i can to friends/coworkers at stubhub prices (the list price, not the price + buyer fees or price - seller fees) that way both parties are better off than buying through stubhub. the race to the bottom coupled with the fees always pains my to sell on stubhub, but i'd rather get some money than no money.

Again, so what? I'm sure he's hearing it from his fan base, tons of frustration about not being able to get tickets. His response...a

My only point was...more fans attending a dual is always a good thing. Don't make it about anything more than that.
I agree.

Reactions: Media Fan
With due respect to the tan one, no one from osu is missing out. It will be on tv. And with the intimate atmosphere, it will project just fine to those dipping their toe into the sport.

Tan Tom just proved it IS possible to throw shade from the glow of a tanning bed. :D

I don't believe that for a second. That is not the way Cael operates, which every PSU fan should know by now.
I did not mean this a a dig to Cael. I think that it is a smart move to keep in rec hall. I am sure that scheduling the BJC is not an easy task either.

Rec hall is more fan friendly IMO

I did not mean this a a dig to Cael. I think that it is a smart move to keep in rec hall. I am sure that scheduling the BJC is not an easy task either.

Rec hall is more fan friendly IMO

I agree and so does Cael about Rec as do many long time PSU wrestling fans. Those that don't have wrestling season tickets disagree since they have a hard time getting to see us in person at home.

Reactions: JBott
When we hold BJC meets does the visiting team have an allotment? I assumed not, and we generally sell out on the NLC presale, I know Iowa this year never made it to general sale. And Iowa a few years ago didn't even make it to NLC release, though they do push group sales.
So even if the meet was moved to the BJC, most tOSU fans would not be able to purchase tickets, other than on the secondary market (Stubhub and others). Though I guess it is fair to say the secondary market has more tickets in it for a BJC event versus Rec Hall.
100% right. It would have sold out before OSU even had a chance to purchase tickets.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
And CP is 100% correct. He would not be a good AD.
If Pyles were (shudder) made PSU AD tomorrow, he would learn very quickly that men's/women's hoops at BJC was a pre-condition for B10 admittance, and therefore he can't move them to Rec Hall.

Reactions: JBott
If Pyles were (shudder) made PSU AD tomorrow, he would learn very quickly that men's/women's hoops at BJC was a pre-condition for B10 admittance, and therefore he can't move them to Rec Hall.
Yup. 25ish years in the BIG10 = 250 million dollars from the BTN but had to build the BJC for hoops. With CP, we'd still be in the Atlantic 10 in hoops and EIWA in wrestling.

Yup. 25ish years in the BIG10 = 250 million dollars from the BTN but had to build the BJC for hoops. With CP, we'd still be in the Atlantic 10 in hoops and EIWA in wrestling.
And marooned on an island for football.

EWL?
Christian being a man with a plan, and generally incontinent in the presence of Cael I am uncertain our current wrestling program would be what it is today.

Reactions: CentexLion
When we hold BJC meets does the visiting team have an allotment? I assumed not, and we generally sell out on the NLC presale, I know Iowa this year never made it to general sale. And Iowa a few years ago didn't even make it to NLC release, though they do push group sales.
So even if the meet was moved to the BJC, most tOSU fans would not be able to purchase tickets, other than on the secondary market (Stubhub and others). Though I guess it is fair to say the secondary market has more tickets in it for a BJC event versus Rec Hall.

I believe that's a question for the Big Ten Conference.

You misspelled "EWL".

Well at least he has an excuse when he sits half his wrestlers. The cramped quarters caused the wrestlers to overheat and he didn't want to risk dehydration.
Tommy may prefer Beaver Stadium. It wouldn't be as hot so he could put his A team on the mat. If we ended in a tie he could wrestle Cael to decide the match, I'd pay to see that.

We were EIWA prior to EWL.
Everybody probably has a different reason. I pointed out EWL vs EIWA because the EIWA is a strong wrestling conference. The EWL at one time was pretty strong, not so much today and more comparable to the Atlantic-10.

There is ALWAYS some sneaky crap with Ryan....I would never want my son wrestling for him....Just the opposite type of man and value system of Cael ! Thank God we have him....

Surprised ??

125 lbs | No. 4 Nathan Tomasello (OSU) def. Rayvon Foley (MSU)
D, 7-3

Reactions: 1AA
Not how our wrestlers handle it
I see Teshan Campbell got dq'd last night. Stalled out against Michigan State? Tan Tom has other things to worry about other than which venue his team will be wrestling in.
Yeah Tan Tom doing a bit of recruiting this year. Their match vs. Purdue is at St. Paris Graham High School, is that larger than Rec Hall? He reminds me of Dake likes a little whine with his matches. See Yargin thread.

Reactions: diggerpup
Yeah Tan Tom doing a bit of recruiting this year. Their match vs. Purdue is at St. Paris Graham High School, is that larger than Rec Hall? He reminds me of Dake likes a little whine with his matches. See Yargin thread.
There is a recruiting impact, but this is IMO admirable: he gets matches in the hometown gyms for his key in state wrestlers, and when possible at nearby opponents for the out of staters. Bo Jordan went to Graham. They also wrestled at Tomasello's alma mater. In the past he's done this for DiJulius and a number of others.

Now that I've said something nice about Tan Tom, I need to go take a shower in bleach.

Oh Roar. I disagree with you 100% on this. This is Coach Ryan playing mind games with potential recruits. It’s “hey look, if you come to tOSU we do it “right.” We promote and have huge events when we wrestle PSU and other top programs.

I would love to see Cael tweet back at him..”since you don’t think duals matter we kept you in our smaller venue”. Our fans can enjoy it
Probably because he a huge hypocrite. If he was so worried about fans why did he let Tomesallo skip a huge match up with Suraino so he could attend a friends wedding?

Probably because he a huge hypocrite. If he was so worried about fans why did he let Tomesallo skip a huge match up with Suraino so he could attend a friends wedding?
bros before hoes

Well gee Tom, I guess Cael doesn't have your kind of clout. All he would have had to do was tell the Big 10 to move the men's basketball game to another day....

^^ Now that was funny! ^^

I see Teshan Campbell got dq'd last night. Stalled out against Michigan State? Tan Tom has other things to worry about other than which venue his team will be wrestling in.

I just watched this match from last night... Campbell got called for stalling (hanging onto a leg) at end of 2nd then called for stalling for backing out 2x in the 3rd and 1x in TB1.

I just watched this match from last night... Campbell got called for stalling (hanging onto a leg) at end of 2nd then called for stalling for backing out 2x in the 3rd and 1x in TB1.
Should've been another stall call or two in there for a dq I think. Sounds like they were coming so fast that it would be easy to miss one though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT