ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Ryan takes a shot at PSU on the tweeter machine

PSUrangerActive Member:

Has there ever been any talk about building a new facility to replace Rec Hall for wrestling?
While I do not care for wrestling in the BJC (too impersonal) I think Rec Hall is too small and antiquated for the fanbase. I would love to see a new facility built for wrestling that holds around 10 - 11,000 and puts the fans tight up to the mat for that home field advantage.

Blasphemy! That place, along with the Palestra in Philly (which was built around the same time by the same architect) are historic treasures.

Some time back finding a way to increase the seating to meet the demand for PSU wrestling fans had it's own thread. Like many I love the history and the feel that Rec Hall offers. I admit to being somewhat less than knowledgable on the ins and outs of what is possible and threw out an idea . Would it be possible to and a second deck to Rec Hall? Possibly a cantilever deck adding 3000 seats +/- that would preserve the feeling of being on top of the action. Would be great while building it to add a few more restrooms also!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT