ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Dienhart of BTN picking Buffalo over PSU

Well, I'd say we have more innate talent on our o-line than Temple, but there is also taught talent, which our o-line is sorely lacking. (Exhibit A, just watch Palmer.)

True, and I put that on Captain Twitter, not sanctions.

Why do you keep insisting that temple is a top 25 team? Where is this coming from??? Temple is top 100. They just happened to whip PSU last week. Doesn't mean they are going to run table
Exactly right. Temple is not even a top 50 team. They beat a bad team with a national reputation. They will lose 4 to 6 games this year, starting this week in Cincinnati.

Exactly right. Temple is not even a top 50 team. They beat a bad team with a national reputation. They will lose 4 to 6 games this year, starting this week in Cincinnati.

I guess the homers just need to reach like that to make themselves feel better. It's silly, but I've seen worse. The sanctions are a great security blanket for many on this board. I still remember on TOS when MarylandLion was steadfast in defending the decision to start Derek Day (5'9, 180 LB RB who was slower than molasses) over ZZ. "Get used to it, sanctions!" was the remark.

Then we put in ZZ and he rushed for 1,000 yards in like, 9 games. Sanctions hurt, no doubt, but they aren't the reason for all our problems. There are things that can be fixed. We can't afford mistakes.

Only way Penn State loses this one is if they let themselves get beaten twice by one team (Temple). Even with the issues on this roster right now, this ought to be PSU's game.

This is WHY I root against EVERY Big 10 team in every sport and game.
(a pass for Maryland and Rutgers).

Right. We put up something like 30 against Temple last season. We got worse, the line got worse. I looked up Temple's O-Line. Their starters are a bunch of unranked and 2 star players. We have much more talent on our O-Line yet their line played MUCH BETTER than ours. Goes to show that Captain Twitter is doing a horrible job with the O-Line unit.

Put up 30 on them? We scored 1 offensive TD and our D was responsible for half our scoring production on two Pick-6's.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
He has it 21-20 Buffalo, and one of the other analysts is picking PSU to win 14-13. With rainy forecast, this has the makings of a very ugly game.
If PSU can't beat Buffalo handily, the entire coaching staff should resign.
While some are still blaming everything on sanctions, Buffalo may have had the worst overall recruiting of any team in the last several years.
Here are Buffalo's Rivals recruiting rankings:
2016: 106 of 129
2015: 124 of 129
2014: 108 of 123
2013: 123 of 123
2012: 122 of 126
2011: 118 of 123
2010: 116 of 123
In that period, PSU has had about four times as many 4 and 5 star recruits as Buffalo has had 3 star recruits.

the game last year and this year were actually similar. both were ugly, and Temple just made more errors last year.

now the key to this year was the injury to Wartman. after he went out, Temple got their first actual offense (they had 1 FD pre-Wartman injury). it was not too much later that Bell got hurt. take those injuries out, and Temple would probably NOT have scored more than 3 pts. I also think that their renewed enthusiasm on DEF came from the fact they moved 90 yds to a score.

The OFF problems were numerous, but this situation got worse after our DEF had to sub players.

this being said, we have many issues on OFF - including the fact that Hack is such a non-fit for JF. it is like he had a new luxury car, but needs to drive into the jungle - so a SUV would be great.

If we lay an egg against Buffalo tomorrow, it will be the worst loss in PSU football history by far and the start of big changes. There is no way Buffalo should even be close to us tomorrow. Period.

Almost can't wait for the "Buffalo is a top 35 team" after we lose to them.

By the way, IF we lose to them....1-11 here we come.

I ALMOST want to see it happen, if for no other reason we can stop using the term

"The Dark Years".

Because this will make "The Dark Years" look damn bright. Yes, that includes that
3-9 outfit in 2003....they won three games.
Just curious....who is the 1 in that 1-11 prediction?

If we lay an egg against Buffalo tomorrow, it will be the worst loss in PSU football history by far and the start of big changes. There is no way Buffalo should even be close to us tomorrow. Period.

Pretty sure this threads the definition of a "circle jerk" with all the participants telling us about all of their hopes and dreams for the outcome of the game which have no real basis other than their moronic ramblings and have absolutely no bearing on the outcome (e.g., just a complete circle jerk of a stupid thread for faux PSU fans to spew their wet dreams.....wow, what valuable content monitors!).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT