ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket Transfer

UglyDuckling

Aug 6, 2001
I went to transfer some of my tickets to friends. But the "transfer" button is not active. Does anybody know when season ticket holders can transfer tickets? Or. Does anybody know if I am missing something?

Person who you are trying to transfer tickets must have PSU (Ticketmaster) account.
One time I read in the past….
Need a Ticketmaster account & Box Office account (whatever the hell that is)

1. Download the Penn State Athletics app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. If this is your first time using the app, you be prompted to sign in as soon as the app opens – this is NOT your Penn State Account Manager credentials. This is an optional step to create an account for the app to manage your notifications. Open the app and tap on “Tickets” from the bottom navigation bar, and then tap “Manage My Tickets.”
2. Log in with the email and password associated with your Penn State Account Manager. If you purchased your tickets on Ticketmaster, link your Ticketmaster account. Your log in information will be saved for future use.
3. Select the event you wish to transfer tickets for.
4. Tap “Transfer.”
tickets
5. Select the seats you want to transfer and then tap “Transfer To.”
tickets
6. Select a recipient from your contacts list or manually enter a recipient.
tickets
7. Enter the contact information for the individual you are sending tickets to and click "Transfer." The transfer recipient will receive an email or text message instructing them to accept the ticket offer. If they do not already have a Penn State Athletics account, they will need to create one to accept the ticket offer.
tickets

I went to transfer some of my tickets to friends. But the "transfer" button is not active. Does anybody know when season ticket holders can transfer tickets? Or. Does anybody know if I am missing something?
You will receive an email in early August explaining everything.

Ticket office rep several weeks ago told me the bar codes will be added and the transfer button activated sometime during the last week of July.

I have no idea how to do any of this. I don’t know how to set-up an app. Will there be help for those of us who are illiterate ?

1. Download the Penn State Athletics app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. If this is your first time using the app, you be prompted to sign in as soon as the app opens – this is NOT your Penn State Account Manager credentials. This is an optional step to create an account for the app to manage your notifications. Open the app and tap on “Tickets” from the bottom navigation bar, and then tap “Manage My Tickets.”
2. Log in with the email and password associated with your Penn State Account Manager. If you purchased your tickets on Ticketmaster, link your Ticketmaster account. Your log in information will be saved for future use.
4. Tap “Transfer.”
tickets
tickets
tickets
7. Enter the contact information for the individual you are sending tickets to and click "Transfer." The transfer recipient will receive an email or text message instructing them to accept the ticket offer. If they do not already have a Penn State Athletics account, they will need to create one to accept the ticket offer.
tickets
Man, that's way easier than paper tickets!

Insert Sarcasm Emoji here.

Send me your email address, account number, and password and I will set it up for you 😉

No, no, no!!!!! Me first!!!!! : ^ )

I will be truly surprised if we are able to sell out that stadium considering where it is located, how much the ancillary costs are, and how difficult they are making it to attend. That place will be a pick pocket, electronic device hacker's gold mine. EVERYONE will now be a target. No more guessing.

It's the random, last-minute ticked handoffs that will be rendered impossible by this unnecessary new scheme. We always have a few tickets at our tailgate that we'll pass out to kids - even passers by - not anymore, I suppose.
I think it’ll be pretty easy to do that handoff.
It takes like 25 seconds once you know how to do it.

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Are tickets on the app. I thought tickets were not yet on until later in July

4. Tap “Transfer.”
tickets
tickets
tickets
tickets
Excellent Post. This needs to be pinned at the top.

Question…So are all the tickets currently available on the resale market like StubHub all from season ticket holders…or from the club members? I wasn’t certain who even has “tickets in hand” yet (so to speak).
I’m trying to figure if it makes sense to just buy some off StubHub now instead of waiting for the actual single game tickets to become available through Ticketmaster since who knows when that will actually happen. And will there be any difference between having the ticket barcode through StubHub versus the PSU app connected to Ticketmaster?

I think it’ll be pretty easy to do that handoff.
It takes like 25 seconds once you know how to do it.
What’s the difference between a PSU Athletics account, NLC Account, a Ticketmaster and Box Office Account?

All of these accounts were mentioned the past months in various scenarios concerning ticket transfer, below is the most recent I came across.

“The transfer recipient will receive an email or text message instructing them to accept the ticket offer. If they do not already have a Penn State Athletics account, they will need to create one to accept the ticket offer.”

Question…So are all the tickets currently available on the resale market like StubHub all from season ticket holders…or from the club members? I wasn’t certain who even has “tickets in hand” yet (so to speak).
I’m trying to figure if it makes sense to just buy some off StubHub now instead of waiting for the actual single game tickets to become available through Ticketmaster since who knows when that will actually happen. And will there be any difference between having the ticket barcode through StubHub versus the PSU app connected to Ticketmaster?
I previously read last month that PSU is not guaranteeing admittance thru gates with anything other than the monopoly they are creating with Ticketmaster purchase.

I am fairly sure their take is going to be just like every other sports team's take as of the past few years, that being only tickets that you have procured thru official methods will be guaranteed to work.

Like almost every major sports arena/stadium? 🧐

And that's a good thing?

You're talking to someone that won't take anything more than a $20 dollar bill and my paper ticket into a football stadium. My identity, and the identity of the people I communicate with is somewhat important to me. My wallet and electronic devices stay in the hotel room unless it is absolutely necessary. Now it will be absolutely necessary.

Losing a $20 dollar bill would pi$$ me off, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Losing an electronic device with personal information on it makes losing something like a credit card comparable child's play.

And as you can see, the only person that seems happy about this bullsh!t is you. Let me guess. You are a professional pick pocket.

It is tough enough to make a cell phone call around the stadium on game day if anyone thinks this is going to be a smooth process come this fall you are simply not informed what is going on with mobile ticket issues all around the country. When it works it is fine the big problem is that is not the case very ofter as you either simply can not get a signal or hard the app crashes due to system overload caused by bandwidth issues.

Reactions: step.eng69
I previously read last month that PSU is not guaranteeing admittance thru gates with anything other than the monopoly they are creating with Ticketmaster purchase.
They been saying that for years now. They have had many incidents of fraudulent tickets being sold. Most venues say the exact same thing because they can not guarantee the authenticity outside of the official sales channels.

I am fairly sure their take is going to be just like every other sports team's take as of the past few years, that being only tickets that you have procured thru official methods will be guaranteed to work.
Are you saying people can no longer buy tickets from stubhub for Penn State games? Or if they do there is no guarantee they will be accepted at the gate?

Are you saying people can no longer buy tickets from stubhub for Penn State games? Or if they do there is no guarantee they will be accepted at the gate?
You can buy them from stubhub but the university will not guarantee their authenticity. Stubhub has their own guarantee that protects purchases. Nothing has changed from years past.

You can buy them from stubhub but the university will not guarantee their authenticity. Stubhub has their own guarantee that protects purchases. Nothing has changed from years past.
PSU_NUT,

Would NJPSU need one of these accounts to receive his tickets thru Stubhub?
Thanks

PSU Athletics account, NLC Account, a Ticketmaster and Box Office Account?

All of these accounts were mentioned the past months in various scenarios concerning ticket transfer, below is the most recent I came across.

And that's a good thing?

You're talking to someone that won't take anything more than a $20 dollar bill and my paper ticket into a football stadium. My identity, and the identity of the people I communicate with is somewhat important to me. My wallet and electronic devices stay in the hotel room unless it is absolutely necessary. Now it will be absolutely necessary.

Losing a $20 dollar bill would pi$$ me off, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Losing an electronic device with personal information on it makes losing something like a credit card comparable child's play.

And as you can see, the only person that seems happy about this bullsh!t is you. Let me guess. You are a professional pick pocket.
Is that because nothing ever gets stolen from a hotel room? show of hands, how many people have lost or had their phone stolen at Beaver stadium? Any stadium? 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄. You have scored 9 eye rolls congrats.

And that's a good thing?

Maybe you should just stay home if you cannot keep track of your electronic device.

Damn, you figured out my side gig. Yes, I try to pick pocket as many people as I can, take my bounty back to my vehicle, and then turn around and go back to the stadium so I can get to my seat. I then sit in my seat and don’t really think about the game because I am daydreaming about the fun I will have when I get home trying to unlock all the electronic devices.

🤦‍♂️🙄 (dripping sarcasm).

• Haha
Reactions: PSU_Nut and BBrown
They want to milk the renewal/new season ticket window as long as they can before they let people get secondary market tickets.

Reactions: gslachta
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT