ADVERTISEMENT

This Will Hurt Recruiting

cop113

Gold Member
Oct 6, 2010
This will hurt recruiting big time including some who are already committed. Obrien hurt when he left us after two years. Especially hurt Hack!!

Reactions: Section118
Obrien hurt when he left us after two years

So, it's Obrien's fault???? Really? O'Brien didn't install the offensive scheme, hire the coaches, recruit the players, etc. for this team. The only thing you could blame on O'Brien is that he didn't recruit more offensive linemen... then again, we don't know that he didn't try to recruit them. This could be associated with last years team, but the coaches have had a year and a half to turn the OL around. There are true freshmen lineman starting all over the country this weekend... Texas has 2 or 3.

Will have zero impact on recruiting

I hope that you are correct, but I think it may result in some flipping... we have time to replace them, but it wasn't a fluke loss or a well played game against a rival of equal stature. It was a butt whooping from a program that we don't even consider our little brother. If this isn't turned around, then I see the potential for a drop in recruiting. Kids want to play for a guy with charisma like CJF, but ultimately they want to win.

So, it's Obrien's fault???? Really? O'Brien didn't install the offensive scheme, hire the coaches, recruit the players, etc. for this team. The only thing you could blame on O'Brien is that he didn't recruit more offensive linemen... then again, we don't know that he didn't try to recruit them. This could be associated with last years team, but the coaches have had a year and a half to turn the OL around. There are true freshmen lineman starting all over the country this weekend... Texas has 2 or 3.

O lines usually take time to develop. That's partly on OB. And partly on Emmert. And partly on the current staff. And I expect where there are frosh linemen starting, they are surrounded by seniors.

I hope that you are correct, but I think it may result in some flipping... we have time to replace them, but it wasn't a fluke loss or a well played game against a rival of equal stature. It was a butt whooping from a program that we don't even consider our little brother. If this isn't turned around, then I see the potential for a drop in recruiting. Kids want to play for a guy with charisma like CJF, but ultimately they want to win.

Kids are recruited and told they're going to be a part of something special and that they're gong to make the team better. They don't make decisions based on a win or loss. If they did, flips would happen every week all over the country. Kids know we have issues and know Temple is better than their tradition. Having followed recruiting for 20+ years I can't think of a bad loss that hurt recruiting.

Kids are recruited and told they're going to be a part of something special and that they're gong to make the team better. They don't make decisions based on a win or loss. If they did, flips would happen every week all over the country. Kids know we have issues and know Temple is better than their tradition. Having followed recruiting for 20+ years I can't think of a bad loss that hurt recruiting.

More losses may, however. We shall see. I'm kinda glad I'm not going to the tOSU game.

I hope you are right, but I don't see it. If you are a QB, WR, RB would you wanna play here?

Sure - recruits saw this team last year; it's not that much improved. They're part of the future - not the present. They know this.

My brother tried to remind me to consider what a old coach once said: "you are never as bad as you look when you lose...". I am trying to take some encouragement from that. Without much success right now, I might add.

Wow how can you be such an optimist after that cluster****

Playing the long game....and taking some good advice from a coach we all know. People have to be realistic and I guess my expectations were a lot lower than most here (those predicting 10-2). What makes people think we're going to be a 10 win team?

Playing the long game....and taking some good advice from a coach we all know. People have to be realistic and I guess my expectations were a lot lower than most here (those predicting 10-2). What makes people think we're going to be a 10 win team?

I was hoping for 7 or 8 at the start of the season. Now, I'm hoping for 6. And hoping we don't give up 70 to tOSU. We shall see.

Wow how can you be such an optimist after that cluster****
The recent and incoming recruits will drastically improve the offensive line going forward. There are no excuses for this afternoon, but the future is as bright as today was dark.

IMO O'brien didn't recruit OL because he had limited scholarships and focused on kids that could help him win immediately. Linemen take time to develop. Those are the guys you recruit first when you want to rebuild. BOB was more focused on the present than the future.

Reactions: quip
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT