ADVERTISEMENT

This Tree Couldn't Be More Proud Of His Apple

Am I mistaken or didn't the guy who won at 184 tech PD3's ass?

Oh, that's right, PD3 was tired from the gauntlet he wrestled while Bo just chilled on a chaise lounge

Reactions: diggerpup
2 things jumped out at me....

PD3 comes off the "coach" to wrestle at the open

PD2 sited the # of thread views.

There is a lot to unpack there.

Reactions: diggerpup
Ever play that game, "Would you rather...?" Questions like, "Would you rather have a head the size of a tennis ball or the size of a watermelon?"

So, here's one. Would you rather be able to block Guns or be able to block PD2?

Is the statement in that thread really true ? That PD3 is on track to earn a masters next year ?

I hope he does.

PD3 might have been acting like a knucklehead with his social media behavior, but it's never too late to steady the ship.

The kid has talent and he might be pretty intelligent as well. Some people mature faster than others

If anything, maybe PD2 is a bad influence on PD3. Who knows
Below is what Willie recently said on HR about PD3's grad school prospects. I'll just add that he'll have a hard time going to grad school next year anywhere without wrestling (including staying at ISU) for the reasons Willie gave -- plus his social media (not just Twitter) is beyond a red flag, it's dropping the MOAB on admissions officers.

the way i understand it, Downey would have to do the following to wrestle next year

1) Graduate from ISU, which he already left
2) know what the GRE is
3) score high enough on the GRE to get accepted by some graduate program
4) find a graduate program that, by some measure of grace, would extend their 2017 application deadline, which has already passed
5) find professors, or anyone else, to write letters of recommendation
6) get accepted by a graduate school w/ a DI team

it ain't happenin'

smalls103, Apr 2, 2017

Why does he have to be a grad student? Why couldn't he enroll as an under grad to complete his degree or start another?

Why does he have to be a grad student? Why couldn't he enroll as an under grad to complete his degree or start another?
Without wrestling: similar red flags, plus he'd lose close to 2 years of credits that wouldn't transfer.

With wrestling: he has exhausted his allowable D1 transfers. To continue wrestling in D1, he must transfer as a grad student. Or he could attempt to go to a lower division school.

Without wrestling: similar red flags, plus he'd lose close to 2 years of credits that wouldn't transfer.

With wrestling: he has exhausted his allowable D1 transfers. To continue wrestling in D1, he must transfer as a grad student. Or he could attempt to go to a lower division school.

Thanks, wasn't aware of all the rules that were applicable.

You are smarter than that! Come on now
I haven't been over to visit in a little bit, but come on. You know one or two are thinking it. You also know as sure as the sun rising in the east or that a few of my fellow Lion posters will bemoan something or other concerning the chances the Lions repeat next March that more than one or two Hawk posters will post the shirts should be pulled to make a run. I'm just brainstorming for you. Trying to get you another point scorer.

I haven't been over to visit in a little bit, but come on. You know one or two are thinking it. You also know as sure as the sun rising in the east or that a few of my fellow Lion posters will bemoan something or other concerning the chances the Lions repeat next March that more than one or two Hawk posters will post the shirts should be pulled to make a run. I'm just brainstorming for you. Trying to get you another point scorer.
You're right in that one or two are thinking it. And that's about all. Every time that comes up, the rest of HR floods the board with rejections. They really don't want anything to do with him.

Am I mistaken or didn't the guy who won at 184 tech PD3's ass?

Oh, that's right, PD3 was tired from the gauntlet he wrestled while Bo just chilled on a chaise lounge

I'd still take Dean over PD3 at 184 in folk with an hour weight-in every time.

You're right in that one or two are thinking it. And that's about all. Every time that comes up, the rest of HR floods the board with rejections. They really don't want anything to do with him.
I just like to keep the thoughts moving forward. Help out wherever I can.:)

I believe that a decent part of the rejection of PD3 comes from threat of a guy with his lifestyle having success. So many guys live such a structured life for a decade after being told it's the only way to getpodium level, it seems like it's wasted if Mr3 can do it and still party like a fool. Beyond that it could threaten the notion that your kid being in and succeeding in wrestling means that he/she must be staying out of certain types of trouble.

And yes, he and his dad present themselves as A-holes online.

It is a wrestling board, and he is a wrestler.
Plus tis a slow part of the year.
I worked with kids like this and there is a dynamic within groups called the scapegoat and usually when you have a group of kids one becomes the scapegoat. This is that same scenario playing out on a very big scale. The scapegoat is a perfect genius for getting negative attention. Sound familiar? I was annoyed because we seem to get pulled into this kids drama and it doesn't help him or PSU wrestling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
I worked with kids like this and there is a dynamic within groups called the scapegoat and usually when you have a group of kids one becomes the scapegoat. This is that same scenario playing out on a very big scale. The scapegoat is a perfect genius for getting negative attention. Sound familiar? I was annoyed because we seem to get pulled into this kids drama and it doesn't help him or PSU wrestling.
You must not know what scapegoat means:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scapegoatDefine scapegoat: a person who is unfairly blamed for something that others have done.

Sure PD3 has more wrestling talent than many. I have serious doubts that he has the discipline and mentality to ever do anything great with that talent. It takes the whole package to be a champion.

Sure PD3 has more wrestling talent than many. I have serious doubts that he has the discipline and mentality to ever do anything great with that talent. It takes the whole package to be a champion.

People hate on PD3 but PD2 probably bares a brunt of the blame, this and a misguided sense of the future by PD3. For every howard stern, there are a thousand failed talents that no body knows.

Ive conversed with PD3, hes not a monster. Hes just misquided, misinformed and delusioned.

People hate on PD3 but PD2 probably bares a brunt of the blame, this and a misguided sense of the future by PD3. For every howard stern, there are a thousand failed talents that no body knows.

Ive conversed with PD3, hes not a monster. Hes just misquided, misinformed and delusioned.

I don't hate PD3 but I do hate the way he has (and is) wasting his talent all the while trying to pretend he's the victim of his own self inflicted idiocies. It really is quite sad and yes, as you and others have pointed out, you can see how he came to this point based on PD2's enabling behavior.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT