ADVERTISEMENT

Cael Inc exceeds expectations

PSUwrestling

May 19, 2023
Last night was so impressive I felt the need to write down some of the things I have learned from this amazing program.

From the DT Ruth era onwards Cael inc has let their wrestler's conduct on the mat be their message. I think this more than anything is why Cael hates interviews because they are redundant. After his team has given the world another clinic on what the state of the art is in terms of high level wrestling non elite wrestlers asking him generic questions diminishes what has just happened on the mat. As far as what just happened here are a few of the things I have learned so far from PSU wrestling.
1) Always improve in all three positions throughout your career. Last night the "outside step" TD that DT talked about seemed like the new move high school kids will be doing in 2026. Top wrestling had improved across the board (Carter gets MVP in this position 🔥). Bottom wrestling MVP goes to Kerk aka the HAMMER!
2) Find a way to never tire. I don't know how they do it but you got to admit this super power has won us a lot of important matches. Nick Lee MVP here.
3) Meet every moment of every match with the same mindset. Our concentration is just as impressive as our gas tank. I love all of the older dudes but Carter gets the MVP here.
4) Always believe you can win. Bo over Gabe Dean 🔥. VJ over Martinez🤯. Nolf winning with a completely busted knee 😲. RBY over Fix in 2021. Etc.
5) Train to be the person who can accomplish you goals. A paraphrase from an interview with Anthony Cassar after his title run that has changed my life 🙏🏾

Last night was so impressive I felt the need to write down some of the things I have learned from this amazing program.

From the DT Ruth era onwards Cael inc has let their wrestler's conduct on the mat be their message. I think this more than anything is why Cael hates interviews because they are redundant. After his team has given the world another clinic on what the state of the art is in terms of high level wrestling non elite wrestlers asking him generic questions diminishes what has just happened on the mat. As far as what just happened here are a few of the things I have learned so far from PSU wrestling.
1) Always improve in all three positions throughout your career. Last night the "outside step" TD that DT talked about seemed like the new move high school kids will be doing in 2026. Top wrestling had improved across the board (Carter gets MVP in this position 🔥). Bottom wrestling MVP goes to Kerk aka the HAMMER!
2) Find a way to never tire. I don't know how they do it but you got to admit this super power has won us a lot of important matches. Nick Lee MVP here.
3) Meet every moment of every match with the same mindset. Our concentration is just as impressive as our gas tank. I love all of the older dudes but Carter gets the MVP here.
4) Always believe you can win. Bo over Gabe Dean 🔥. VJ over Martinez🤯. Nolf winning with a completely busted knee 😲. RBY over Fix in 2021. Etc.
5) Train to be the person who can accomplish you goals. A paraphrase from an interview with Anthony Cassar after his title run that has changed my life 🙏🏾
AGAIN.

Reactions: mcpat
Here are my observations from the all-star classic:

1. Not only are the wrestlers continuing to become better as wrestlers, but also as people. SVN made a point of thanking his training partners during his interview. Carter exuded supreme confidence (as always) but without coming across as arrogant. Aaron gave one of his best interviews afterwards. All first class representatives of PSU and wrestling.

2. The value of the coaches and training partners was highlighted by everyone. DT indicated Kyle Snyder helped DJK avoid being taken down in a certain position, and CStar indicated DT helped him change his mindset regarding how to weaponize his top game. A+ it seems to be working 😉

3. This total team package will continue to attract the best talent and people, and there doesn’t seem to be any drop off in the near future. We are blessed and I am grateful. Enjoy Thanksgiving my board friends.

I love Starocci as much as any PSU fan, but he is 100% arrogant. That’s his whole MMA persona. I think it’s awesome that he has adopted this sort of villain approach. It’s nice to see a little personality in college wrestling.

I love Starocci as much as any PSU fan, but he is 100% arrogant. That’s his whole MMA persona. I think it’s awesome that he has adopted this sort of villain approach. It’s nice to see a little personality in college wrestling.
I'd agree with you. Carters personality sticks out like a sore thumb on this team. It may cross the line for some. But I like that Cael doesn't force him to tow the humble approach line that many of Caels greats have had.

Here are my observations from the all-star classic:

1. Not only are the wrestlers continuing to become better as wrestlers, but also as people. SVN made a point of thanking his training partners during his interview. Carter exuded supreme confidence (as always) but without coming across as arrogant. Aaron gave one of his best interviews afterwards. All first class representatives of PSU and wrestling.

2. The value of the coaches and training partners was highlighted by everyone. DT indicated Kyle Snyder helped DJK avoid being taken down in a certain position, and CStar indicated DT helped him change his mindset regarding how to weaponize his top game. A+ it seems to be working 😉

3. This total team package will continue to attract the best talent and people, and there doesn’t seem to be any drop off in the near future. We are blessed and I am grateful. Enjoy Thanksgiving my board friends.
Well put… I think we all assumed the NLWC guys help out the college guys but to the extent DT described last night was so cool to hear. I have to imagine they will want them around long after competing. I for one love the thought of Gilman continuing to help the lightweights and bringing his fire to the room.

I definitely prefer Starocci's arrogance to Brooks. Brooks' interviews are always far too Jesus-y. People that into religion always make me a little uncomfortable, especially after nationals where he was throwing shade at other religions. It's all the same God, but there has been so much death and destruction caused by fighting over whose interpretation of the same magic wizard in the sky is the right one.

I definitely prefer Starocci's arrogance to Brooks. Brooks' interviews are always far too Jesus-y. People that into religion always make me a little uncomfortable, especially after nationals where he was throwing shade at other religions. It's all the same God, but there has been so much death and destruction caused by fighting over whose interpretation of the same magic wizard in the sky is the right one.

There was already plenty of debate over what Aaron said right after it happened. Why rehash it now? You're risking turning a good thread cesspooly for no good reason.

There was already plenty of debate over what Aaron said right after it happened. Why rehash it now? You're risking turning a good thread cesspooly for no good reason.
I don't want to rehash those specific comments. That was meant more as just a general statement. All of his interviews are very heavily Jesus-centric.

Reactions: WEAREPSU_LI
What I learned is that the state of Iowa wrestling is pretty poor. It was an all-star meet and the greatest wrestling program in history only had one wrestler participating and it was a girl!

No offense to Marlynne Deede, she won and wrestled well.

Then there was the 157 match which looked like both guys watched some Iowa instructional videos and basically spent 12 minutes hand fighting.

That match is the epitome of what is wrong with folk style wrestling. 12 minutes of wrestling that had 2 escapes, a reversal, 2 attempted takedowns and zero stalling calls. Ugh!

I'm going to go ahead and guess you don't consider yourself a devout religious man?

Reactions: maxoscar

Other than Cassar did you list anyone who was not a top 10 recruit?

Is Starocci the greatest PSU wrestler of all time? I think he is and winning #4 will cement it if he isn't already.

Carter 4x (probably) w/ Hodge (probably) and 3 undefeated seasons
Zain 3x w/ two Hodges and 3 undefeated seasons
Nickal 3x w/ Hodge and 2 undefeated seasons
Nolf 3x w/ 2 undefeated seasons (would have been 3 but for the injury)
Ruth 3x w/ 2 undefeated seasons
Taylor 2x w/ two Hodges and 2 undefeated seasons
Brooks 4x w/ 1 undefeated season

Last edited:
Reactions: PSU James
I'm going to go ahead and guess you don't consider yourself a devout religious man?
Why would you assume that. I'm religious and I cringed at Brooks' interview at Nationals. Being religious is fine but putting down somebody else's religion isn't very Christian imo.

Unless you're putting down Scientology because that's a joke.

Is Starocci the greatest PSU wrestler of all time? I think he is and winning #4 will cement it if he isn't already.

Brooks 3x w/ 1 undefeated season

7-way tie for 1st. (Assuming CStar & Brooks both go undefeated).

If you forced me to pick just one, that would be Zain. Beating a 4x champ as a true freshman, then going undefeated for 3 straight seasons. Plus the gobs of bonus points.

If you include post-college, it’s easily DT.

Greatest and deepest collegiate trophy case? Likely.

Greatest PSU wrestler ever? The biggest trophy that I care about is dominance. When Carter gets in the top 5 all time for Carter bonus then come talk to me.

If he runs the table this year with bonus that will help, but with the 3 point TD, a major is within reach against anyone.

Why would you assume that. I'm religious and I cringed at Brooks' interview at Nationals. Being religious is fine but putting down somebody else's religion isn't very Christian imo.

Unless you're putting down Scientology because that's a joke.
Maybe because the whole wizard in the sky comment? Not exactly a normal comment from a religious person.

talking the talk then walking the walk is not arrogance!

Reactions: PSUwrestling
I'm not sure I understand. It's okay (admirable) for Carter to speak in out his strong belief in himself; but not okay for Aaron to speak out for his strong belief in Jesus? I salute Aaron for having the courage to stand up for what he believes, knowing that not everyone will agree with him.

I'm not sure I understand. It's okay (admirable) for Carter to speak in out his strong belief in himself; but not okay for Aaron to speak out for his strong belief in Jesus? I salute Aaron for having the courage to stand up for what he believes, knowing that not everyone will agree with him.
I say "To each their own." and "Live and let live."

I enjoy them all, including Carter as Carter and Aaron as Aaron. I believe neither has any intention of increasing suffering through their interview responses.

Life would be far more boring with every wrestler behaving according to someone else's arbitrary standards. Let them be their authentic selves and continue to discover and evolve on their own time tables.

I really would think that if Carter would win the fourth title this year and reconsider and go for the fifth, which I believe he is eligible because of the COVID season. He would cement his spot in history. I understand his want to go into MMA but to have a chance at probably history that never could be broken, I would think the endorsements and marketing would be a huge money maker for the rest of his life.
Just my thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Springs and mcpat

Any chance Cael can be our OC??

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
I say "To each their own." and "Live and let live."

I enjoy them all, including Carter as Carter and Aaron as Aaron. I believe neither has any intention of increasing suffering through their interview responses.

Life would be far more boring with every wrestler behaving according to someone else's arbitrary standards. Let them be their authentic selves and continue to discover and evolve on their own time tables.
Sanity 😊

Any chance Cael can be our OC??

Do you really want to apply cael's blueprint to football?

The highest paid coach in the sport + the highest recruiting budget in the sport + the state with the most talent in the country.

Mike yurcich wasn't coaching 125 lb the last 5 years.

Greatest PSU wrestler of all time.

Depends on your criteria …

Do you really want to apply cael's blueprint to football?

The highest paid coach in the sport + the highest recruiting budget in the sport + the state with the most talent in the country.

Mike yurcich wasn't coaching 125 lb the last 5 years.

I Think You Should Leave Oh My God GIF by The Lonely Island

• Haha
Reactions: 82bordeaux

We are truly spoiled!

Um, why do you have carter 4X and AB 3X?

If we’re talking about wrestling careers at Penn State, I think your finish at NCAAs trumps dominance. I only use dominance to separate tiers (#s of title). That’s why I have Zain at the top of the three timers.

As much as I love Bo Nickal, he should’ve never lost to Martin his freshman year. I love Zain as well, but his freshman year he beat a guy, and then lost to him twice. Starocci lost to a guy his freshman year and then came back and beat him in the finals. Brooks unfortunately took that loss last year, so three undefeated seasons top two undefeated seasons.

My order… Starocci, Brooks, Zain, Bo, Nolf, Ruth, Taylor

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT