ADVERTISEMENT

Thinking long and hard of this question, since it was posed to me. But of all PSU FB players my favorite of all time is..............................

I also vote LaVar. Mostly because he was so dominant during my teenage years, and that was the formative age for developing sports idols.

I was a bit young to fully appreciate Ki-Jana, and as an adult, it's hard to grow the same kind of adulation for sports figures as you do when you're a kid.

Complicated question, so many variables:

Most Charismatic: Trace McSorley, MRob
Most Athletic: Arrington, Barkley,
Best Leaders: Poz, Mauti, Shane Conlan, Kerry Collins,
The Penn State Way: Tamba Hali, Curt Warner

LaVar Arrington. Ki jana Carter. Poz, Saquan entered my mind. But 11 is my man.
Who do you favor. Tough one to answer believe me.

Shalom

Last edited:
Shane Conlan followed by Curt Warner

If I could retroactively count their PSU time from what I remember of their NFL days, Jack Ham and Franco would be right there.

Reactions: NittanyChris
We should never forget the courage that Franco Harris showed defending JoePa when no one else would.

Everyone was running for cover like the "leaders" they are.

Franco stood strong and tall as an oak.

God Bless Franco Harris.

God grant us more men like Franco, even though we surely don't deserve him.

Barkley. Only Player I can recall causing the entire stadium to come to their feet almost every time the QB started to hand the ball off to him in anticipation something great was about to happen.

It’s hard to pick just one - i would put Franco Harris, John Urshel, and Mike Reid in my final three because of what they did both on and off the field. In a pinch I’d give it to Reid as my first choice. He was dominant on the field and on the wrestling mat, had the good sense to walk away from the NFL early and went on to become a Grammy winning song writer and classical pianist. That’s a lot to squeeze into one lifetime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT