ADVERTISEMENT

The path for Ohio State to the CFP...

Psubiomed

Jul 25, 2021
Oregon over UW
Louisville over FSU

This should do it right? Or do they need something else? Thoughts?

Georgia to beat Alabama
Right. Basically though if Oregon beats UW, they're going to jump Ohio State. There are 2 spots open because Georgia is in, and if Bama wins they jump them either way, and Iowa isn't beating Michigan. So, they need Florida State to lose, and then it's UGA, Michigan, UW/Oregon, and OSU. Better also hope Texas doesn't blow out Oklahoma State.

I say it happens. Louisville over FSU and the buckeyes get in at 4. This means PSU to the Rose Bowl again, playing UW in my opinion in a rematch with Penix. This time we will have the defense to limit him.

Right. Basically though if Oregon beats UW, they're going to jump Ohio State. There are 2 spots open because Georgia is in, and if Bama wins they jump them either way, and Iowa isn't beating Michigan. So, they need Florida State to lose, and then it's UGA, Michigan, UW/Oregon, and OSU. Better also hope Texas doesn't blow out Oklahoma State.

I say it happens. Louisville over FSU and the buckeyes get in at 4. This means PSU to the Rose Bowl again, playing UW in my opinion in a rematch with Penix. This time we will have the defense to limit him.
The Rose Bowl is part of the playoff this year IIRC. PSU will not be going there.

Oregon over UW
Louisville over FSU

This should do it right? Or do they need something else? Thoughts?
Oregon/Washington is irrelevant - I think the winner there is in under virtually all circumstances and certain in over a non champion tOSU. The PAC-12 is potentially viewed as the deepest conference this year and better than the Big 10 (which is top heavy)

Reactions: NedFromYork
For Ohio State to get in, you’d have to have….

Georgia win
Louisville win
Oklahoma St win

Then it would be:

Georgia
Michigan
PAC-12
tOSU

(In the unlikely even of UM losing, you just swap UM and the PAC-12 winner in the seeding, but basically the same.)

A champion Texas or FSU definitely gets in over a non champion tOSU. I think if Bama wins, both Georgia and Bama would be higher ranked than the Buckeyes (Georgia might not get in with that scenario depending on other games but they’d be taken over tOSU if there’s a spot).

For Ohio State to get in, you’d have to have….

Georgia win
Louisville win
Oklahoma St win

Then it would be:

Georgia
Michigan
PAC-12
tOSU

(In the unlikely even of UM losing, you just swap UM and the PAC-12 winner in the seeding, but basically the same.)

A champion Texas or FSU definitely gets in over a non champion tOSU. I think if Bama wins, both Georgia and Bama would be higher ranked than the Buckeyes (Georgia might not get in with that scenario depending on other games but they’d be taken over tOSU if there’s a spot).
A 2 time defending champion on a 29 game winning streak losing to Bama will not miss out. They will force Georgia in there in that case

Reactions: NedFromYork
A 2 time defending champion on a 29 game winning streak losing to Bama will not miss out. They will force Georgia in there in that case
They aren’t taking Georgia over an undefeated P5 champ or SEC champ Bama. It’s not even like Georgia has looked that dominant this year (I mean they as great as any school but not heads and shoulders cut above).

If Georgia loses, they absolutely would need help getting in.

They aren’t taking Georgia over an undefeated P5 champ or SEC champ Bama. It’s not even like Georgia has looked that dominant this year (I mean they as great as any school but not heads and shoulders cut above).

If Georgia loses, they absolutely would need help getting in.

And they're not taking Bama and leaving out big-12 champ Texas with the H2H win.

SEC isn't getting two if FSU/UW/Texas all win.

Reactions: doctornick
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT