ADVERTISEMENT

The Fan, Pgh

I understand, but that grimace makes that photo even better..

ace-of-hearts-lon-chaney-heartbreak.gif
Jimmy looks like he just ate a big plate of bad clams.

A thing of beauty, ain't?

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
This is hilarious. A Syracuse guy and a Northwestern guy both on the Pitt flagship station have bad things to say about Penn State. What a surprise. The Yinzer callers are apopletic.

Maybe I should call in and throw a little more dynamite into the pond. I'm feeling frisky - I'll really give them something to get fired up about.

Filliponi compared CJF to Pete Carroll.

Boy I wish. If Franklin can accomplish with us what Pete did at USC (minus the shenanigans), then things are going to be just fine.

Anyone in radio range - tune in. Bob Mr. Pitt Pompiani is going to be on soon for more comedy gold.

Man, idk. Speak for yourself. I wouldn't mind some shenanigans if it meant a couple 'ships. Last year was a fantastic season, but losing the Rose Bowl absolutely sucked. I would rather celebrate a win.

Man, idk. Speak for yourself. I wouldn't mind some shenanigans if it meant a couple 'ships. Last year was a fantastic season, but losing the Rose Bowl absolutely sucked. I would rather celebrate a win.
Well, I'm not into buying houses for players families and getting put on probation. But anything else up to the limit of the rules - saddle up, baby.

As for the Rose Bowl, man that is still a killer 10 months later almost. We should have had it. Life goes on and it's onward and upward, but we'll never get that one back.

Reactions: denniskembala
Mr. Uninformed

Watch the replays. 9 out of 11 players on the field were replaced during the time out. He put his field goal block team in. Explain how it was a lie. He actually did what he said he did.
If Franklin had said I tried to ice the kicker Pitt boy wod have called him out in that - they are just butt hurt because they are back to where they belong at the bottom feeder level of college football - zero relevance. I love the take no prisoners approach and screw them all if they don't like it - we have been crapped on for 5 years and I am so far beyond caring what other people think - us against them. And criticism coming from a sPitt fan in rich - they don't even care about their own team so go take a nap at Heinz and wake up for you free bottle of "Pop" after sPitt craps the bed again pal.

They're playing to their local audience - a Pitt fan base. I haven't heard a peep out of anyone about the "infamous" icing of the kicker other than from people on here talking about the Fan.

So they are playing to six maybe seven people.....
... that's a good indication of the IQ's connected to the other end of the hot air hitting the mic.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
If Franklin had said I tried to ice the kicker Pitt boy wod have called him out in that - they are just butt hurt because they are back to where they belong at the bottom feeder level of college football - zero relevance. I love the take no prisoners approach and screw them all if they don't like it - we have been crapped on for 5 years and I am so far beyond caring what other people think - us against them. And criticism coming from a sPitt fan in rich - they don't even care about their own team so go take a nap at Heinz and wake up for you free bottle of "Pop" after sPitt craps the bed again pal.

Exactly correct, if he let them score, all we would have heard is: "He had how many time outs to use to preserve the shutout? That used car salesman was too dumb to use them!"

I don't think icing the kicker is a big deal. "you play to win the game"...all the way up to the final whistle, regardless of score.

However, coming out after the fact and telling bold face lies about you weren't trying to ice the kicker, you were trying to makes substitutions....that makes people question your character.
Boo Hoo! Ask Duze's hero about running a tackle around with a 40 point lead, to score a TD. I was at Syracuse when Dick MacPherson called a timeout with ten seconds, his team at the one yard line, to pile another touchdown on in a 35 point win. Them's the breaks. Whine on

Couldn't find the post, but somebody posted about Mark Packer from the Off Campus show on ESPN College Sports Radio blasting JF re: icing the kicker. Steve Spurrier is his guest every Wednesday. First question is obviously about the FL/Tenn game last weekend.

Second question...guess what? JF icing the kicker. The ol' ball coach told Packer he was just looking for things to criticize. Spurrier spoke as though he had seen the play and understood everything. PSU had the wrong personnel on the field. Had no problem with what Franklin did.

He conducts the interview with Spurrier (who is quite entertaining, I listen every Wed). The first caller after Spurrier leaves spews the same crap. Difference is, Packer changes his tune to see things as Spurrier did.

[QUOTE="NewEra 2014,
The time to start worrying is when opposing coaches start saying that you are doing a good job when your team is struggling. Those coaches just want to keep you in place so that they can keep winning against you.[/QUOTE]
That reminds me: Narduzzi is really doing a great job

Last edited:
The reality is- if we turned on the radio to a station where they just sat around and bashed Pitt all day, everyone would love it. So who cares.......

The reality is- if we turned on the radio to a station where they just sat around and bashed Pitt all day, everyone would love it. So who cares.......

That would bore me to tears and I would turn it off within minutes. I like smart football people talking football. These talking heads that go after drama that appeals to the "Real Housewives" types just for ratings, make me turn the dial.

Reactions: nits74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT