ADVERTISEMENT

The Embarrassment!

Pitt needs to get out of 1A, and stop embarrassing themselves. Need to go to Presidents conference or lower.
That is entirely up to them. They should, but who cares. Pitt is not our rival they just happen to be located in the same state.

Pitt needs to get out of 1A, and stop embarrassing themselves. Need to go to Presidents conference or lower.
When the ACC blows up, I want us to return to the Big East with Boston College and Syracuse. Us three, UConn, and Villanova would make for a fun football league until basketball season rolls around.

When the ACC blows up, I want us to return to the Big East with Boston College and Syracuse. Us three, UConn, and Villanova would make for a fun football league until basketball season rolls around.
Oh yeah, the Duzz would love that. That would assure him a winning season record. Why not add Temple, Holy Cross, and Lehigh too? The Duzz would be King again and conference champion. Oops.....I forgot about Syracuse. They'd have to beat the Orange.

Just curious. Were you advocating that PSU go down a level when we were 26-33 over a five year span in 2000-2004?

Really? I'd like to gain a better understanding about how such ineptitude is different. Hoping for something substantive instead of fanboy analysis.
It was the first attempt of the effing BOT to deemphasize football fart boy that failed

Next?

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Just curious. Were you advocating that PSU go down a level when we were 26-33 over a five year span in 2000-2004?
That really was different. That was entirely the fault of Joe hanging around too long. It reached its peak when Joe later was using Skype to recruit players. We were in a long downward spiral. Penn State itself was OK but we had a coach who needed to stop the "5 more years" stuff and retire.

It was the first attempt of the effing BOT to deemphasize football fart boy that failed

Next?
Really? And you know for sure what the root cause is for Pitt's troubles coming off a New Year's day bowl win and conference championship the season before last? You can make all of the excuses you want for five years of futility in the early 2000's. You didn't advocate for dropping a class then so it's understandable how you just like piling on Pitt now. Bottom line is this thread is just wallowing in the current misery of others and now has devolved to name calling. Not worth the time. Next time think before you throw stones.

Reactions: Westcoast24
Damn - 51-14 over the next 5 years, can you imagine what they would have done down a level?

That really was different. That was entirely the fault of Joe hanging around too long. It reached its peak when Joe later was using Skype to recruit players. We were in a long downward spiral. Penn State itself was OK but we had a coach who needed to stop the "5 more years" stuff and retire.
To be fair, the next five years after the period that was specified (200-2004) he won at a 78+% clip (51-14).

Really? And you know for sure what the root cause is for Pitt's troubles coming off a New Year's day bowl win and conference championship the season before last? You can make all of the excuses you want for five years of futility in the early 2000's. You didn't advocate for dropping a class then so it's understandable how you just like piling on Pitt now. Bottom line is this thread is just wallowing in the current misery of others and now has devolved to name calling. Not worth the time. Next time think before you throw stones.
You have no fan base. You have no TV revenue appeal. That's what this is all about That's why! Reality bites

You have no fan base. You have no TV revenue appeal. That's what this is all about That's why! Reality bites
"You" does not apply to me. I am a former PSU season ticket holder now living in the South and still following PSU closely. That's why I'm here.

The proposition of Pitt going down a level is preposterous. By the measure being applied by you and others the bottom feeders in the Big would have been demoted long ago and we would have been under consideration in the 2000's. The OP suggested our Trustees were deemphasizing football in the early 2000's as an excuse for poor play. If the school was deemphazing football would that not include dropping down a classification? He may not realize it but he just made my point that PSU's futility could easily have prompted similarly ridiculous ideas back then. You don't drop a level due to a bad season or two.

This fascination and denigration of Pitt always fascinates me since so many here disavow them as a "rival".

• Haha
Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
“You talk about Big Ten and SEC and ACC, If that’s one of the best Big Ten teams, let’s go to the Big Ten and win it every year,” ....Pat Narduzzi

Oh yeah, the Duzz would love that. That would assure him a winning season record. Why not add Temple, Holy Cross, and Lehigh too? The Duzz would be King again and conference champion. Oops.....I forgot about Syracuse. They'd have to beat the Orange.
Temple is a good choice, but I’d rather have Army and Navy over the other two. We’d already have one FCS program moving up in Villanova. I’d LOVE these Thanksgiving Weekend matchups:

• Army vs Navy (best rivalry in college football)
• Boston College vs UConn (lots of bad blood over the Huskies getting denied an ACC invitation)
• Pitt vs Syracuse (long time eastern football rivalry)
• Temple vs Villanova (who doesn’t love a city game?)

Would make for a fun appetizer leading up to Big East basketball. Depending on our non-conference schedule, we could even contend for a CFP bid under the upcoming 5+7 model. I’d take that.

"You" does not apply to me. I am a former PSU season ticket holder now living in the South and still following PSU closely. That's why I'm here.

The proposition of Pitt going down a level is preposterous. By the measure being applied by you and others the bottom feeders in the Big would have been demoted long ago and we would have been under consideration in the 2000's. The OP suggested our Trustees were deemphasizing football in the early 2000's as an excuse for poor play. If the school was deemphazing football would that not include dropping down a classification? He may not realize it but he just made my point that PSU's futility could easily have prompted similarly ridiculous ideas back then. You don't drop a level due to a bad season or two.

This fascination and denigration of Pitt always fascinates me since so many here disavow them as a "rival".
Such a joke. Times economics and finances have changed since the days where we would take a bus from our little town filled with Penn State and Pitt fans to games played in Three Rivers stadium.

You can blow smoke all you want I don't think they're going down a division I think they're going into a lesser conference l. In fact I don't think it, I know it. Answer this, which of the big boys is courting PITT? I SEE A GOOSE EGG!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT