ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you, PSU!!

Nashville_Hawkeye

Jan 1, 2016
PSU fans: Congrats on bringing it again this year at the B10s...you're the class of the field right now as you have been most of the past decade. Big kudos to your B10 champions, a classy group of men. And extra kudos to Anthony Cassar on moving to HWT, where he now looks and moves very Snyder-like (and I mean that as a huge compliment), and then taking down Gable. I'm a die hard Iowa fan, but I must say, I wanted Cassar to win every bit as much as I wanted S. Lee and Marinelli to win. What an amazing competitor! Good luck at the NCAAs!

PSU fans: Congrats on bringing it again this year at the B10s...you're the class of the field right now as you have been most of the past decade. Big kudos to your B10 champions, a classy group of men. And extra kudos to Anthony Cassar on moving to HWT, where he now looks and moves very Snyder-like (and I mean that as a huge compliment), and then taking down Gable. I'm a die hard Iowa fan, but I must say, I wanted Cassar to win every bit as much as I wanted S. Lee and Marinelli to win. What an amazing competitor! Good luck at the NCAAs!
Very classy post. Thanks Nashhawk. I was really impressed with Marinelli. Haven’t seen anyone but him get to Cenzo’s leg and he definitely has a leverage and strength advantage similar to Cenzo’s leverage advantage on Imar. Cenzo will need to game plan carefully if they should meet again. I think Spencer will bounce back at NCAAs. Good luck and see you in PBurg!

Much appreciated Nashville. Will you be in Pittsburgh?
Sadly I won't be. Work precludes me from getting to the big events but thankfully these days ESPN and others provide outstanding coverage. Hopefully Lee will bring his game back and take down these 125ers. :) You guys should have a great time at the NCAAs. It would have to literally take intervention from higher for you guys to lose this title...your fellas are too strong. Maybe next year we'll have a chance, but something tells me, kind of like back in the Taylor/Ruth days, that Cael and company will be almost as talented next year as this one...even without the automatics (Bo and Nolf). Good luck in Pitt!

Very classy post. Thanks Nashhawk. I was really impressed with Marinelli. Haven’t seen anyone but him get to Cenzo’s leg and he definitely has a leverage and strength advantage similar to Cenzo’s leverage advantage on Imar. Cenzo will need to game plan carefully if they should meet again. I think Spencer will bounce back at NCAAs. Good luck and see you in PBurg!

Last year's win by Alex was a fluke...Joseph kind of caught caught trying to throw, but this year it looked a bit different. Still I think Joseph has the edge in Pitt, though 65 is very loaded and both could have a tough time in the semis. I concur WRT Lee. I think he will shine when the time is right, and hopefully he will have to do it going through both Picc and Rivera. Like 65, 25 certainly won't be boring. :) That said, as exciting as 25 and 65 will be, 57 and 97 will be quite the opposite; those fellas just have no competition anywhere close to their talent level.

It happens all too frequently, but the Bull is yet another Hawkeye I have become quite the fan of watching. The interview he gave talking about the death of Eli probably made me a fan first, but his in your face wrestling kept me watching. I honestly have no idea how the next match between these two hammers will go, but I can't wait to watch. While I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy I might as well mention that DeSanto really has shown an improvement in handling his emotions in wins and losses lately. I actually wanted to punch Suriano for him at the end of that match. I hate the idea of the Hawkeyes as always, but again I can't help but really like the young men that represent the evil empire.

Reactions: jrod65
I want cenzo to take it to the bull. No doubt.

But count me as a fan of the bull the wrestler and person.

That said long term I hope he avoids the UHI curse or better known as the upperclassman Hawkeye injury curse.

Stoll, kemdawg, Clark, Moore, mcd among others were not so lucky to avoid the curse.

Reactions: PSU Mike and jrod65
I want cenzo to take it to the bull. No doubt.

But count me as a fan of the bull the wrestler and person.

That said long term I hope he avoids the UHI curse or better known as the upperclassman Hawkeye injury curse.

Stoll, kemdawg, Clark, Moore, mcd among others were not so lucky to avoid the curse.
I put Marinelli in the same category as most Ohio State wrestlers -- only thing wrong with him is his choice of school. (Though at least he flipped away from Tan Tom.)

Last year's win by Alex was a fluke...Joseph kind of caught caught trying to throw, but this year it looked a bit different. Still I think Joseph has the edge in Pitt, though 65 is very loaded and both could have a tough time in the semis. I concur WRT Lee. I think he will shine when the time is right, and hopefully he will have to do it going through both Picc and Rivera. Like 65, 25 certainly won't be boring. :) That said, as exciting as 25 and 65 will be, 57 and 97 will be quite the opposite; those fellas just have no competition anywhere close to their talent level.

Berger still has a week without social media, so he could still catch Nolf.

I enjoy your posts. I agree, this year looked a little different between Bull and Cenzo. The Bull seems more sure of himself this year (from a healthy level of confidence to a championship level). To my eye, his level changes seem quicker this year. Add that to his strength, leverage and low center of gravity, and he is very formidable. I'd go so far as to say Cenzo is the underdog should they meet next week. But then, Cenzo has been there before. I hope they both navigate the minefield to Saturday night.

Reactions: kevin310

The Bull wrestled a great match, flat out whipping Cenzo at his own game. Cenzo is going to need to change levels and attack legs if he wants a chance to beat Marinelli. His inside trip is not going to work against Bull. If Cenzo does what IMar did in the NCAA rematch against Cenzo, be stubborn and try to go upper body after losing that way the previous year, the results will be the same. Cenzo must have a strategy change to have a chance in the rematch. He is physically capable -- the challenge is a mental one. $.02

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
I have to say I will be glad when Nolf graduates but I will miss his wrestling. After his performance last year he may be one of the best to only win three times. Great in all positions. Will be looking forward to a few more matches between Marinelli and Joseph. Looking forward to being in Pittsburg next week.

The Bull wrestled a great match, flat out whipping Cenzo at his own game. Cenzo is going to need to change levels and attack legs if he wants a chance to beat Marinelli. His inside trip is not going to work against Bull. If Cenzo does what IMar did in the NCAA rematch against Cenzo, be stubborn and try to go upper body after losing that way the previous year, the results will be the same. Cenzo must have a strategy change to have a chance in the rematch. He is physically capable -- the challenge is a mental one. $.02

I think the good news out of the loss is that if Cenzo was unsure about the Bull's upper-body abilities, he is positive now. He can not/will not beat him at that game. Luckily, he has other go to attacks. I cannot fathom that the coaches wont have with a new game plan to beat Marinelli should they (hopefully) meet. Certainly that game plan wont include under hooks, body locks, etc

Maybe the one more he uttered after that last match meant one more week without social media! ;)

I'll be frank here. I believe people are reading way too much into the Cenzo/Bull match. Nothing is going to change going forward. It's mano e mano between the two. Cenzo is a better attacker and just barely missed a takedown in the 1st. That happens and it's a totally different match. I'll stick with Cenzo but it's 50/50.

Marinelli was really UP for their finals bout, having something to prove against Cenzo. From his post-match interview he wanted to win on his terms, with his offense. He was ultra-aggressive. I wonder if Marinelli can bring that same intensity in probably re-match?

On the coaches show Cael said Cenzo knows he didnt follow the game plan. Hopefully he does next time and hopefully it is a doozie!

Reactions: kevin310
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT