ADVERTISEMENT

Tesla - exited short sale

GM's EVs are shit. Go pick up a one-year-old Lyriq for half the price but make sure it hasn't already been declared a lemon. Fisker, Rivian, Polstar and Tesla all have good products but there will soon be little differentiation. Their is really not a lot to an EV and as the research starts to standardize on best practices, it will be a matter of how cheap you can build the car with the resulting range/battery. That means lower production costs. That means robots and factories in third-world countries.

What does that mean? Chinese and Vietnamese (et all) are going to eat out lunch within the next three years. The Chinese have several models that they could be selling in the high $20k that is as good as the Tesla Model Y which goes for $40k today.

Chinese automakers sold more EVs in January 2024 than the next 19 countries combined, and they’re not just forging ahead with commercialization but also innovation. Reports out of China suggest that mass-produced solid-state batteries are no longer a distant reality, but something that’s close to market launch.​
And, BTW, you can get a Hyundai Ioniq 6 for $240 per month lease right now.

It's going to be a bloodbath for the American automotive industry and workers. The UAW just signed/was pressured into a terrible contract with prospects of Chinese auto plants opening in Mexico.

Reactions: ikS
GM's EVs are shit. Go pick up a one-year-old Lyriq for half the price but make sure it hasn't already been declared a lemon. Fisker, Rivian, Polstar and Tesla all have good products but there will soon be little differentiation. There is really not a lot to an EV and as the research starts to standardize on best practices, it will be a matter of how cheap you can build the car with the resulting range/battery. That means lower production costs. That means robots and factories in third-world countries.

What does that mean? Chinese and Vietnamese (et all) are going to eat our lunch within the next three years. The Chinese have several models that they could be selling in the low $20k which is as good as the Tesla Model Y which goes for $40k today.

Chinese automakers sold more EVs in January 2024 than the next 19 countries combined, and they’re not just forging ahead with commercialization but also innovation. Reports out of China suggest that mass-produced solid-state batteries are no longer a distant reality, but something that’s close to market launch.​
GM has to be the worst run company in US history. I wouldn’t drive a GM car if you gave me one. Unless maybe it was ‘59 Corvette.

Reactions: rumble_lion
GM has to be the worst run company in US history. I wouldn’t drive a GM car if you gave me one. Unless maybe it was ‘59 Corvette.

True, but still better than Chrysler/Stellantis or whatever they call themselves now. Does anyone else think Stellantis sounds like a drug that lowers your a1c or something?

Reactions: 91Joe95
I am in the market and here si what I see:
  • GM, Ford and Dodge are shit
  • Japanese cars all look the same and are very unattractive. But they are built incredibly well. I am not sure why you'd buy a Lexus SUV over a RAV4 or a Accura over a Honda. Overall, very ugly cars.
  • Korean cars are over engineered and the metal is razor thin. they seem to oxidize. And are having major stolen car nightmares.
  • German cars are the best but are expensive to buy and maintain. Plus, are not as reliable as the Japanese and Korean cars. However, they FEEL safe and look great even when ten years old, if maintained.
  • Best looking cars out there are land rovers but always get bad repair ratings.
I am looking at BMW and Mercedes but am also interested in Genisis (Korean).

GM's EVs are shit. Go pick up a one-year-old Lyriq for half the price but make sure it hasn't already been declared a lemon. Fisker, Rivian, Polstar and Tesla all have good products but there will soon be little differentiation. There is really not a lot to an EV and as the research starts to standardize on best practices, it will be a matter of how cheap you can build the car with the resulting range/battery. That means lower production costs. That means robots and factories in third-world countries.

What does that mean? Chinese and Vietnamese (et all) are going to eat our lunch within the next three years. The Chinese have several models that they could be selling in the low $20k which is as good as the Tesla Model Y which goes for $40k today.

GM's EVs are shit.

Yeah, I don't know of they stopped trying or what is going there. They did come out with the EV1 which basically had all the new tech that every EV employs today and they just stopped. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Fisker, Rivian, Polstar and Tesla all have good products but there will soon be little differentiation.

In no world is Fisker a good or even average car. I think the entire company could be a huge fraud. The warning signs are all there like hiring your wife to be COO and CFO.

• Japanese cars all look the same and are very unattractive. But they are built incredibly well. I am not sure why you'd buy a Lexus SUV over a RAV4 or a Accura over a Honda. Overall, very ugly cars.
  • Korean cars are over engineered and the metal is razor thin. they seem to oxidize. And are having major stolen car nightmares.
  • German cars are the best but are expensive to buy and maintain. Plus, are not as reliable as the Japanese and Korean cars. However, they FEEL safe and look great even when ten years old, if maintained.
  • Best looking cars out there are land rovers but always get bad repair ratings.
I recommend Audi A4. I am on my third one. You can get them used with low mileage at reasonable prices and easily put 200,000 miles on them. I live on a mountain and they are excellent in bad weather.

Yeah, I don't know of they stopped trying or what is going there. They did come out with the EV1 which basically had all the new tech that every EV employs today and they just stopped. Pretty sad if you ask me.

In no world is Fisker a good or even average car. I think the entire company could be a huge fraud. The warning signs are all there like hiring your wife to be COO and CFO.
they pulled fiskar from the trading boards today. So they're on life support.

To me, they are nice for the mix of product and range you get. I just don't understand why Audi, for example, thought they'd come out with an $80k, 230 mile range car. Range is one of the biggest differentiators when considering an EV and probably the biggest.

• Sad
Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
I recommend Audi A4. I am on my third one. You can get them used with low mileage at reasonable prices and easily put 200,000 miles on them. I live on a mountain and they are excellent in bad weather.
I am an SUV guy. The Q3 is too small. The Q5 and Q7 don't appeal to me on the outside. I also have to say I am not a fan of the video screen sticking up out of the dash. It looks haphazard. BMW isn't much better. But the Mercedes GLE is awesome.

2021-Mercedes-Benz-GLE-Interior-Dashboard.png

Not surprising in the least considering the CAFE standards drive bigger car sizes (bigger = lower mpg requiremens), turbos on smaller engines (higher mpg, but less reliable), and CVTs (see turbos). Good news is CAFE standards are about to get worse.

To me, they are nice for the mix of product and range you get. I just don't understand why Audi, for example, thought they'd come out with an $80k, 230 mile range car. Range is one of the biggest differentiators when considering an EV and probably the biggest.

That is not good news. I thought they were talking to Nissan for support/potential buyout. I guess Nissan decided to walk away.

You just can't have mkbhd post a review video titled - "This is the worst car I ever reviewed".

His main youtube channel has over 18 million subscribers.

That is not good news. I thought they were talking to Nissan for support/potential buyout. I guess Nissan decided to walk away.

You just can't have mkbhd post a review video titled - "This is the worst car I ever reviewed".

His main youtube channel has over 18 million subscribers.

yeah. I always take these with a grain of salt. I don't really care of my car doesn't have a glove box. I think the suspension changes are a joke as most of them make little difference. A way to monitor the solar panels can be changes with a software update.

I saw someone hammer the new Tesla cybertruck. Turns out that the truck he got was one of 15 that had a door handle being loose problem. it took two minutes to fix it. so these things can be (or maybe not) anecdotal.

What can't be fixed? Range. At least not without a huge upgrade cost. And Fiskers is the best in the business for the cost. Again, you have to read between the lines.

I like a husband and wife team named "Motormouth". I like the feminine and masculine reviews back to back.

One other point, I always laugh when they don't like something because it is different or hard to learn. A week in the car is all it takes and then you've got it. For example, I love that the model 3s turn signal is two buttons off your left hand. It is easy and quick. Why do we still have those old 1940's style things sticking out of the steering wheel neck? I had a guy almost kill me sunday because he didn't use his turn signal in Columbus. I was in his blind spot, I had my eye on him. It would have been no problem is he used his turn signal as I'd have slowed down to let him in or speed up to get by him. Maybe he didn't want to use the turn signal on the stalk. But I have no idea why you'd trash a car for cool innovation.

yeah. I always take these with a grain of salt. I don't really care of my car doesn't have a glove box. I think the suspension changes are a joke as most of them make little difference. A way to monitor the solar panels can be changes with a software update.

I saw someone hammer the new Tesla cybertruck. Turns out that the truck he got was one of 15 that had a door handle being loose problem. it took two minutes to fix it. so these things can be (or maybe not) anecdotal.

What can't be fixed? Range. At least not without a huge upgrade cost. And Fiskers is the best in the business for the cost. Again, you have to read between the lines.

I like a husband and wife team named "Motormouth". I like the feminine and masculine reviews back to back.

One other point, I always laugh when they don't like something because it is different or hard to learn. A week in the car is all it takes and then you've got it. For example, I love that the model 3s turn signal is two buttons off your left hand. It is easy and quick. Why do we still have those old 1940's style things sticking out of the steering wheel neck? I had a guy almost kill me sunday because he didn't use his turn signal in Columbus. I was in his blind spot, I had my eye on him. It would have been no problem is he used his turn signal as I'd have slowed down to let him in or speed up to get by him. Maybe he didn't want to use the turn signal on the stalk. But I have no idea why you'd trash a car for cool innovation.

Why do we still have those old 1940's style things sticking out of the steering wheel neck? I had a guy almost kill me sunday because he didn't use his turn signal in Columbus. I was in his blind spot, I had my eye on him. It would have been no problem is he used his turn signal as I'd have slowed down to let him in or speed up to get by him. Maybe he didn't want to use the turn signal on the stalk

Some people don't like things that are different.

There is no way I would last 6 months like this guy did....

Tesla reported a decrease from prior year in deliveries for the quarter. I don’t think that’s fud.

Tesla reported a decrease from prior year in deliveries for the quarter. I don’t think that’s fud.

Not true. Rumble told me 50% increases YoY for the foreseeable future.

That being said, Tesla is doing very well.and their margins are incredible.

There's a brief respite in E vehicle sales but they effectively have no competitor.

LdN

I’m 8700 miles and 7 months in on my Tesla 3 and still love it. Not a single issue (knock wood) to report.

They just gave everyone a free month of “full self drive” to try and presumably help them to improve the service. Personally, not a fan of it yet but it is amazing tech. It just feels like you’re driving with a brand new driver who is overly cautious (and obeying all of the laws). It’s only going to get better.

I’m 8700 miles and 7 months in on my Tesla 3 and still love it. Not a single issue (knock wood) to report.

They just gave everyone a free month of “full self drive” to try and presumably help them to improve the service. Personally, not a fan of it yet but it is amazing tech. It just feels like you’re driving with a brand new driver who is overly cautious (and obeying all of the laws). It’s only going to get better.
Free is a great price. Unfortunately they charge $200 per month for this feature.

Yea. Definitely not worth in my option but others swear by it already. I had a couple of issues with it and will tread lightly over the next couple of weeks.
OK this is definitely not FUD. Tesla's stock price is back below where it was in 2020 and they just recalled all of their cyber trucks (which are not hitting sales goals); around 4,000 of them.

OK this is definitely not FUD. Tesla's stock price is back below where it was in 2020 and they just recalled all of their cyber trucks (which are not hitting sales goals); around 4,000 of them.
Minor recall. On a couple of units the rubber cover to the gas pedal came off and wedged making the truck surge. Really just a clean and glue. For a new vehicle from the ground up, no big deal. Media just had it in for ruling right now because X is competing for add dollars

It just feels like you’re driving with a brand new driver who is overly cautious (and obeying all of the laws).
Cautious and obeying all the laws? Who wants that?

Just kidding. My car alerts me when I go 5 miles over the speed limit. I wish I could set it to 9 miles over the speed limit because that what cops look for. Actually I'd like my cruise control to go 7 miles over the speed limit no matter what the speed limit is. I haven't received a speeding ticket in a long time but when I did it was because I failed to slow down when the speed limit dropped.

Reactions: Ski
Cautious and obeying all the laws? Who wants that?

Just kidding. My car alerts me when I go 5 miles over the speed limit. I wish I could set it to 9 miles over the speed limit because that what cops look for. Actually I'd like my cruise control to go 7 miles over the speed limit no matter what the speed limit is. I haven't received a speeding ticket in a long time but when I did it was because I failed to slow down when the speed limit dropped.
My concern with obeying the laws is road rage 😂

Minor recall. On a couple of units the rubber cover to the gas pedal came off and wedged making the truck surge. Really just a clean and glue. For a new vehicle from the ground up, no big deal. Media just had it in for ruling right now because X is competing for add dollars
I’m aware. Maybe minor for Ford with 3,000 dealers in the US but Tesla has less than 10% of that, and 1/4 of those are in California. So where do you take your new $100,000 vehicle that you can’t drive? The cyber truck has been problematic from the jump and this isn’t likely helping.

I’m aware. Maybe minor for Ford with 3,000 dealers in the US but Tesla has less than 10% of that, and 1/4 of those are in California. So where do you take your new $100,000 vehicle that you can’t drive? The cyber truck has been problematic from the jump and this isn’t likely helping.
Mail them Duke gorilla glue.

Tesla's stock price is back below where it was in 2020 and they just recalled all of their cyber trucks (which are not hitting sales goals);

ahhh, what?

Tesla's stock price is back below where it was in 2020 and they just recalled all of their cyber trucks (which are not hitting sales goals);

ahhh, what?
It’s all there in black and white, my friend. The cyber truck is more than two years behind planned. They have sold less than 4,000 of them. Musk has been quoted as saying we dug our own grave with the cyber truck. Deliveries have been stopped. Every one has been recalled to repair or replace the accelerator pedal. The stock price has returned to 2020 levels. Oh, and they just laid off 10 percent of their workforce. No fud. Remember when you sarcastically recommended buying Ford stock? You would have received a 5% dividend from Ford while you now have a zero return on Tesla which is back where it started.

It’s all there in black and white, my friend. The cyber truck is more than two years behind planned. They have sold less than 4,000 of them. Musk has been quoted as saying we dug our own grave with the cyber truck. Deliveries have been stopped. Every one has been recalled to repair or replace the accelerator pedal. The stock price has returned to 2020 levels. Oh, and they just laid off 10 percent of their workforce. No fud. Remember when you sarcastically recommended buying Ford stock? You would have received a 5% dividend from Ford while you now have a zero return on Tesla which is back where it started.

The cyber truck is more than two years behind planned

Planned? Who cares? Ten years from now it won't make a bit a difference when the first Cybertruck shipped. They are making a truck that has novell tech in it from the 49 volt electrical system to the steer by wire to the stainless steel body.

Musk has been quoted as saying we dug our own grave with the cyber truck.

You can find a Musk quote that says about anything you want. Here is another one of his quotes on the Cybertruck:

Elon Musk Calls Cybertruck Tesla’s ‘Best Product Ever.’

Deliveries have been stopped.

I dunno, does this look like a show stopper anyone else?

On Saturday, Tesla was fixing the issue for some owners at the Cyber Takeover Cybertruck meetup event at its store in Long Beach, California. The problem was fixed by the technicians simply installing a small rivet beneath the pedal. The issue takes just 35 seconds in one video, as can be seen in the video below.​

Oh, and they just laid off 10 percent of their workforce. No fud.

Yeah, they do that every once in while. Usually employment levels reach a new high within the next 12 months.

Remember when you sarcastically recommended buying Ford stock? You would have received a 5% dividend from Ford while you now have a zero return on Tesla which is back where it started.

I would bet that Tesla will be worth more than Ford 5 or 10 years from. If you feel different load up on Ford stock, I'm not stopping you.

The cyber truck is more than two years behind planned

Planned? Who cares? Ten years from now it won't make a bit a difference when the first Cybertruck shipped. They are making a truck that has novell tech in it from the 49 volt electrical system to the steer by wire to the stainless steel body.

Musk has been quoted as saying we dug our own grave with the cyber truck.

You can find a Musk quote that says about anything you want. Here is another one of his quotes on the Cybertruck:

Elon Musk Calls Cybertruck Tesla’s ‘Best Product Ever.’

Deliveries have been stopped.

I dunno, does this look like a show stopper anyone else?

On Saturday, Tesla was fixing the issue for some owners at the Cyber Takeover Cybertruck meetup event at its store in Long Beach, California. The problem was fixed by the technicians simply installing a small rivet beneath the pedal. The issue takes just 35 seconds in one video, as can be seen in the video below.​

Oh, and they just laid off 10 percent of their workforce. No fud.

Yeah, they do that every once in while. Usually employment levels reach a new high within the next 12 months.

Remember when you sarcastically recommended buying Ford stock? You would have received a 5% dividend from Ford while you now have a zero return on Tesla which is back where it started.

I would bet that Tesla will be worth more than Ford 5 or 10 years from. If you feel different load up on Ford stock, I'm not stopping you.

Nice to see you’re still at it, Baghdad Bo… er Rumble. Who knows 10 years from now we could all be speaking Chinese. Your predictions haven’t been turning out so great so 5% dividend sounds pretty good to me vs. your promise ten years in the future.

Nice to see you’re still at it, Baghdad Bo… er Rumble. Who knows 10 years from now we could all be speaking Chinese. Your predictions haven’t been turning out so great so 5% dividend sounds pretty good to me vs. your promise ten years in the future.

Tesla sells every Cybertruck they can make.

My brother and I were talking about Tesla and electric cars earlier today. We look for a big company, likely a foreign company from S.Korea or China, to make a big entry into the electric car market. The batteries are the only real technology, and with the fact that electric cars have less parts in their drive systems, entry into the market in a big way looks easier than it is in the gas car markets. And companies such as Hyundai made big entries into that market over the last 15-25 years, so we look for a much faster transformation in the electric car market that will drive down prices as well....
China? Christ, I hope not. Bad enough they are infiltrating us with spies via our Southern border!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT