ADVERTISEMENT

Temple Debacle.

Rommel, you magnificent Bastard, I read your book!!!

In the meantime, PSU ranked DEAD LAST in B1G power ranking:

Tier 4: Time to panic already?
14. Penn State (0-1)
Last week: Lost to Temple, 27-10

This week: vs. Buffalo (1-0)

That's how far back you have to go to find the last time that Temple beat Penn State in college football.

Penn State's issues from last season continued to manifest themselves during this losing effort, as NFL scout darling QB Christian Hackenberg was sacked 10 times behind PSU's porous O-line. It's safe to say that the honeymoon period for James Franklin is now over.​

Reactions: fairgambit
It was the Kasserine Pass of Penn State Football games/teams.
The only issue I would have is that in February, 1943, the Germans had one of the best armies in the World. Temple is not one of the best football teams in college football. They are not one of the 50 best. Still, I like the analogy. Let's hope we can learn from our debacle as the American Army did.

Reactions: Marshall30
They are not one of the 50 best

I'm not sure that Temple isn't somewhere around or slightly above the 50th best team in the country. As poorly as we played, we weren't sacking Hack ourselves... We expect our team to be much better than how they looked on Saturday, but lets not take too much away from Temple. They deserve some credit and I hope they have a fantastic season. That's the only silver lining in this debacle, if Temple is one of the best teams in the American Conference.

I'm not sure that Temple isn't somewhere around or slightly above the 50th best team in the country. As poorly as we played, we weren't sacking Hack ourselves... We expect our team to be much better than how they looked on Saturday, but lets not take too much away from Temple. They deserve some credit and I hope they have a fantastic season. That's the only silver lining in this debacle, if Temple is one of the best teams in the American Conference.
We'll know a lot more about Temple this week. If they beat Cincy, on the road, they may be legit. I say they lose, and that they also lose, at minimum, games to UCF, Notre Dame, USF, and Memphis. That would make them 7-5. Now, I obviously could be wrong, but I really believe any other team on our schedule, other than Buffalo, would have beaten us Saturday. The loss, and the way it happened, tells us more about Penn State than it does about Temple.

No, Temple exploited our weaknesses and were close enough (better?) physically and athletically to keep us from forcing our will upon them. I'd say that they are a quality team.

Maybe we need some of these...;)

zombie-bottle.jpg

We'll know a lot more about Temple this week. If they beat Cincy, on the road, they may be legit. I say they lose, and that they also lose, at minimum, games to UCF, Notre Dame, USF, and Memphis. That would make them 7-5. Now, I obviously could be wrong, but I really believe any other team on our schedule, other than Buffalo, would have beaten us Saturday. The loss, and the way it happened, tells us more about Penn State than it does about Temple.

UCF will not beat Temple. UCF lost to FIU.

Of course this is the route you take. What a joke.

You did zero research on TU prior to the game, spent weeks hemorrhaging outrageous and completely unfounded predictions to whoever would listen, and now, rather than taking your medicine like a man, you claim that the outcome tells you "more about Penn Sate than it does about Temple".

Disgraceful that you still can't give the Owls any respect! Is there any doubt that this clown has cemented his position as the worst poster on BWI? If so, I would love to hear anyone make that case.

To [most of] the rest of you, best of luck the rest of the way. We will be rooting for you all the way.

You did zero research on TU prior to the game, spent weeks hemorrhaging outrageous and completely unfounded predictions to whoever would listen, and now, rather than taking your medicine like a man, you claim that the outcome tells you "more about Penn Sate than it does about Temple".

Disgraceful that you still can't give the Owls any respect! Is there any doubt that this clown has cemented his position as the worst poster on BWI? If so, I would love to hear anyone make that case.

To [most of] the rest of you, best of luck the rest of the way. We will be rooting for you all the way.

Well you have to admit it tells us an awful lot about our O-line and Offensive Co-Ord. and possibly Head Coach.
You guys were good, better than I thought, better prepared, better coached and out played us but even you will have to admit you'll
never get another 10 sack game this season.

Reactions: Ranger Dan

Unfortunately he's not even close to the worst poster award. Although that 'tells us more about BWI than it does Fairgambit'

For what it's worth most experts felt that Temple was our toughest OOC foe and toughest in our first 5 games.
Still, no excuse to lose the way we did. There have been a number of close games with Temple over the years, we won them all. Losing in a close game is far different than what happened to us. Plus these same teams met last year, a fairly close game until late. I expected more of the same, not what we got.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT