ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale

Wish him well.

But, doesn't there seem to be a lot much more ongoing drama and distractions with the very lightweight wrestlers across the span of the whole NCAA field: Gilman, Soriano, Ramos, Teasdale, the Brands, Andrew Long, etcetera?

The weight cut? Body size relative to other wrestlers? A general desire or need to prove oneself?
All the lightweights combined are < PDIII.

OK, as many people pointed out, Hurts still has his shirt.

Point still stands -- he's transferring to Oklahoma, a school whose starting QB is out of eligibililty, so he's a poor example of someone staying to compete for the job.

Just spit-balling but Campbell with Kolat (J-M Connection)?
Did he seriously consider Campbell the first time around?

Who knows, anything could happen, but I'm very skeptical. Their tie-in is HS alma mater but that didn't send Zain to Lehigh, or Q or Urbas to Cornell ... AC Headlee didn't transfer to Carolina when Coleman Scott was hired ... etc.

Kolat probably worked a lot more with Marsteller due to proximity (Baltimore) and weight but Chance didn't go there either.

Woukd be a potentially nice story for a program taking forward steps but I'll believe it when it's more than just a guess.

Minny could use a 133 next year.
Minny could use a ...

giphy.gif

133 -- Minny could use a 133 next year.

Unfortunately, I have word from a very reliable source that Teasdale will be transferring. The word I got is that he will be filling out the paperwork either this week or next week.

I'm very confident in my source, and, if it turns out to be correct, I wish the kid luck wherever he ends up. Lots of young kids make mistakes. Hopefully, he learns from them and makes the best of a new start. No word on where he might be going.
Too bad. I hope he does well except when facing Penn State wrestlers.

Reactions: Lyons212
Did he seriously consider Campbell the first time around?

Who knows, anything could happen, but I'm very skeptical. Their tie-in is HS alma mater but that didn't send Zain to Lehigh, or Q or Urbas to Cornell ... AC Headlee didn't transfer to Carolina when Coleman Scott was hired ... etc.

Kolat probably worked a lot more with Marsteller due to proximity (Baltimore) and weight but Chance didn't go there either.

Woukd be a potentially nice story for a program taking forward steps but I'll believe it when it's more than just a guess.

Nothing other than pure speculation. I guess, I too, am looking for the nice story.

O.k. This flew right over my head.

Ames Was an old poster that gave us all kind of juicy news prior to release, meant to be a compliment,sorry for confusion . Although he later left or posted less frequently over some squabble I think? I meant to say thanks for the news part as we rarely get any as Cael and company are the CIA of NCAA Wrestling.

Relieved.

I guess we can expect RBY and Nick Lee to stay down at 133/141 for at least another year.

Good luck, Gavin.

Wouldn't surprise me if both turn out to be "lifers" at their current weights. Sure, things could obviously change, but neither of them appears to be sucking down today in the least.

A Bison leading the Mounties? Say it ain't so.
Born and raised in Clearfield. Still live here. Don’t get me started on this subject. I can’t speak for brad. The town likes coach Jeff Aveni. But I’m sure he would step aside for Brad. Also Mark McGonigal is progressing very nicely. He’s got some memoerys in Hershey ahead of him.

Ames Was an old poster that gave us all kind of juicy news prior to release, meant to be a compliment,sorry for confusion . Although he later left or posted less frequently over some squabble I think? I meant to say thanks for the news part as we rarely get any as Cael and company are the CIA of NCAA Wrestling.
Please don't get me started. I'm sitting in a bar, and don't want to sit here laughing. That, and George's Barber Shop are two of the funniest episodes on the boards. I regret that Ames took it so hard, and still hope he comes back someday.

Yeah, this seems like a "3 strikes and you're out" kind of situation to me.
I think he got a ticket on the long black train....

I also dont think youll be seeing him arriving quickly at a new destination....

Wishing him well....

Reactions: Lyons212
Born and raised in Clearfield. Still live here. Don’t get me started on this subject. I can’t speak for brad. The town likes coach Jeff Aveni. But I’m sure he would step aside for Brad. Also Mark McGonigal is progressing very nicely. He’s got some memoerys in Hershey ahead of him.

I wrestled Jeff Aveni my Junior year. Then, we became acquaintances when we wrestled on the under-card of the old AA vs. AAA champs (or highest placing seniors), which I can't remember the name of (getting old sucks). It was held at Rec Hall. He is a good guy.

me to............. but graduated in 1980. Old timer comparatively speaking...

Please don't get me started. I'm sitting in a bar, and don't want to sit here laughing. That, and George's Barber Shop are two of the funniest episodes on the boards. I regret that Ames took it so hard, and still hope he comes back someday.

I remember the Ames fiasco like it was yesterday. To this day the funniest thing I’ve ever encountered here.

But what is George’s Barber Shop?

Reactions: James Toney
Was Ames the one where someone talked about someone sitting somewhere, and he thought they were talking about him?

Cindy gives the best cuts at George’s.

My favorite was the Nebraska student announcers and the illegal fists to the back, among others, but I was on the Fight on State forum at the time.

I remember the Ames fiasco like it was yesterday. To this day the funniest thing I’ve ever encountered here.

George's Barber Shop is the Ron Gilligan's Auction House of Clarion, if Gilligan got mentioned at every stoppage.

Reactions: burnsie1983
I think he got a ticket on the long black train....

I also dont think youll be seeing him arriving quickly at a new destination....

Wishing him well....
Is that anything like a long walk off a short plank?

The 247sports board had a PBP of the Clarion match going, which was based on the Clarion radio announcing. The announcer, apparently someone well-known for wrestling accolades, was not cut out for radio announcing. Amongst other things, he kept talking through ongoing wrestling, and at one point, announced, "I don't even know what happened there. I looked down for a minute." One of many.

But, the Barber Shop thing was an ad they kept running for George's Barber Shop in Clarion, which became a PSU wrestling board meme. Along with Cindy, who apparently offers shaves at George's.

I really wish it was still available on the interwebs. I would go back to it from time to time for a good laugh.

Reactions: pish69

Now you've got me going. Fortunately, there are many fewer people in the bar now.

Was Ames the one where someone talked about someone sitting somewhere, and he thought they were talking about him?

Yep..the classic by good ole James Toney. James made up a BS story of being at the Keystone Classic and some weird ugly guy was by Caels side Following him around all day. He was insuating it was Spyker.

Ames2State then comes in and says it’s not funny that he should be called “weird and ugly” on a message board and vows to never return because of this.

Yep..the classic by good ole James Toney. James made up a BS story of being at the Keystone Classic and some weird ugly guy was by Caels side Following him around all day. He was insuating it was Spyker.

Ames2State then comes in and says it’s not funny that he should be called “weird and ugly” on a message board and vows to never return because of this.

It was a very weird episode, that's for sure.

Reactions: Afw6006 and pish69
:eek:

Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.

Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools and accepted by idiots!

“Creepy as ...”
Kewl.

Thanks to this contemptibly obnoxious person, this is my last post ever.

Way to go, clown

———

“Creepy”, “Privacy”, “...felt bad”

You were so intrigued to the point you had to post this on a forum.
Go back to the circus!
One bad apple ruins it all for everyone else.

Bye!

Reactions: Afw6006
I have a sneaking suspicion that this whole episode was foretold and written down in that infamous 3" binder. The Iowa verbal, the flip to SC, the hokey pokey of the out then in then out is all recorded in there. Face it, only Brands knows the final chapter of this saga. :mad:

I wish GT the best. At least I saw him wrestle live when he beat Glory.

My guess on a school that could fit would be Flynn's old school Edinboro. Close to home, rebuilding and he could dominate.

The best part of life for him is that when the sun comes up tomorrow and it will, it doesn't give a damn about yesterday.

Cindy gives the best cuts at George’s.

My favorite was the Nebraska student announcers and the illegal fists to the back, among others, but I was on the Fight on State forum at the time.
The funniest video tag was the Nebraska student announcers. If someone has it please post it for the new guys on the board.
It's the equivalent of going to a youth football game and seeing a Touchdown scored and a mother asking me if it was a Homerun. That's a true story.
I showed the Nebraska video to my Brother in law and his son who both coach(ed) high school wrestling. They were almost in tears watching it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT