ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale

Great news! I was debating going (for Wed), and that probably seals the deal!

I think CP misspoke about pulling Teasdale's redshirt. Can't see any reason to do that prior to the Scuffle. If a shirt is going to be pulled at 125, I'm sure the coaches would want to see how the Scuffle plays out before pulling anyone's shirt. Teske is in that mix as well!

Reactions: PSUer1989
I think CP misspoke about pulling Teasdale's redshirt. Can't see any reason to do that prior to the Scuffle. If a shirt is going to be pulled at 125, I'm sure the coaches would want to see how the Scuffle plays out before pulling anyone's shirt. Teske is in that mix as well!
That's where I am as well. I don't pretend to understand all the eligibility rules in Teasdale's unusual situation, but there doesn't appear to be any good reason to burn his redshirt prior to the Scuffle.

Regarding Teske, I suspect the plan is to keep him in redshirt throughout 2018-19, regardless of what happens with Teasdale.

Reactions: andegre
I wonder if having Gavin wrestling with the team and the structure that comes along with that is playing a part in this.
Cael has said in the past that some true freshmen should wrestle varsity because it forces extra structure. Shirting allows more free time in a college setting, and some freshmen aren't ready for that.

No idea if Teasdale is one of those guys, but if he is, then start him now for his own benefit, not just the team's.

If he is wrestling attached--it is my understating that the RS is pulled...but I am not 100% positive of that

Cael has said in the past that some true freshmen should wrestle varsity because it forces extra structure. Shirting allows more free time in a college setting, and some freshmen aren't ready for that.

No idea if Teasdale is one of those guys, but if he is, then start him now for his own benefit, not just the team's.

Also, is he someone that even wants to be in college for an extra year?

I believe I read that redshirting this season was not a possibility if Teasdale came back and was not granted a waiver. So maybe he didn't get one.

On a different level, it always made sense for Teasdale to go 125 this year. Teske needed, even before the injury, a year to grow and get stronger. I thought the "plan" was for Teasdale to go 125 this year and possibly redshirt next, then plug in at 133 the following year, with RBY going up to 141.

HR is pissed we’re gonna beat the Hawks by 52.5 pts instead of 40 points previously predicted in Pittsburgh

lets slow your roll there big fella, if im not mistaken we havent seen gavin wrestle since last march. and on top of that we dont know where he is in conditioning, etc., plus his first 3 duals out after scuffle are rivera, brown and moisey. and then gets foley, mattin, piotrowski, and schroder. not an easy task at all. never going to root against our guy but he does have a tall task to live up to in order to be relevant in the conversation come march.

I believe I read that redshirting this season was not a possibility if Teasdale came back and was not granted a waiver. So maybe he didn't get one.
If that's based upon the rules, that makes zero sense. He would still have 5 years to wrestle 4, and did not compete this year, so of course he could still shirt.

Other factors may have made shirting unrealistic for him. But that's a coaching and/or athlete decision, not a rule.

If he is wrestling attached--it is my understating that the RS is pulled...but I am not 100% positive of that
That's my understanding as well. I would think that he's wrestling unattached until a decision is made about RS. Don't see any reason at all to make that decision before the Scuffle. We don't need his points. What if he gets injured there? But then, Brock got hurt at the Scuffle (against Garrett) a couple of years ago and he still got a RS (even though he was not shirting at the time).

lets slow your roll there big fella, if im not mistaken we havent seen gavin wrestle since last march. and on top of that we dont know where he is in conditioning, etc., plus his first 3 duals out after scuffle are rivera, brown and moisey. and then gets foley, mattin, piotrowski, and schroder. not an easy task at all. never going to root against our guy but he does have a tall task to live up to in order to be relevant in the conversation come march.

Agree, hoping for the best, but I'm not expecting an AA from Teasdale this year if he does go. It's a big weight cut and obviously he's trying to manage some personal issues as well.

Reactions: PSU_Pride_93

That's comforting. :confused:

Reactions: lionlover
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT