ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks non-issue

I keep refreshing this thread hoping to see an update on his situation. It would be heartbreaking for him to win the spot and then get denied the opportunity to compete. I have little confidence in the WADA to make the reasonable decision- paperwork issue, corrected and move on

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Whoever makes those decisions can't wait forever. We need to know soon if it's going to be AB. If not, I assume that the alternate would be DT. Either way, I think the other wrestlers are going to find out that the US is going to be their bad draw at that weight.
Aaron said w/ Basch that he'd know by the end of this week.

Aaron has been cleared by WADA to compete at Olympics per John Brooks.
Season 1 Episode 7 Thumbs Up GIF by Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

It’s fantasyland, but how nice it would have been if Aaron’s privacy was respected and no one even knew about this whole non-issue to begin with. Instead, this will continue to follow him—likely for the rest of his career. cough @PatMineo22 cough.
100% agree. Also thanks to Tikk10 for suggesting the title change. Bugged me every time I saw it.

Yeah just edit the topics like they never happend. Lmao. Smells like what Mineo does.
It never did happen, the usage was legal, and such things usually never see the light of day because it is not an issue. Maybe people can learn a little patience and see how things play out? You look less stupid if you follow that advice.

It never did happen, the usage was legal, and such things usually never see the light of day because it is not an issue. Maybe people can learn a little patience and see how things play out? You look less stupid if you follow that advice.
Are you talking to David Taylor?

Nope he'd look just as stupid as last week lmfao

Reactions: danoftw
As a parent of a 7th grader, I'm still reeling from the tragedy of an 8th-grader who committed suicide here in State College this week. I'm gonna ask we keep clear of stigmatizing therapy and such. Folks who need it should not hesitate to get it. No judgement on anyone--I've gone to that well before, I'm sure.... I'm sure you all will understand (maybe not Turk).

No appointment needed. Just needs to double up on his usual dosage of Xanax and all will be well.
I bet the Iowa board would be interested in knowing Wild Turk was a Gopher wrestler. No wonder he is out to stamp out PEDs. He's like one of those zealot ex-smokers.

As a parent of a 7th grader, I'm still reeling from the tragedy of an 8th-grader who committed suicide here in State College this week. I'm gonna ask we keep clear of stigmatizing therapy and such. Folks who need it should not hesitate to get it. No judgement on anyone--I've gone to that well before, I'm sure.... I'm sure you all will understand (maybe not Turk).
STOP. I feel sorry for the loss of a young person and highly support therapy and in no way was my comment an attempt to stigmatize therapy. Take the soapbox elsewhere.

STOP. I feel sorry for the loss of a young person and highly support therapy and in no way was my comment an attempt to stigmatize therapy. Take the soapbox elsewhere.
I hadn't planned on commenting about it again. And like I said, no judgement. I know you were just joking--and I might have laughed w/ you recently enough. It's just a request. Intention isn't good enough w/ stuff like this.

Last edited:
I hadn't planned on commenting about it again. And like I said, no judgement. I know you were just joking--and I might have laughed w/ you recently enough. It's just a request. Intention isn't good enough w/ stuff like this.
I probably came across harshly and I apologize to you. You have quite a bit going on in your life. My point remains though. We all have things going on in our lives, and we could all find posts every day that remind us of our own (or family) suffering. We shouldn't bring that to the board is all. I feel bad for your son. I believe in therapy, just not for Turk. See, a small joke. I don't understand suicide. Who could that hasn't had those thoughts? Just like how could a guy understand the feelings of a girl undergoing abuse. We can't. Unfortunately, emotional pain is often a lonely trail where the ending is unknown. Peace friend and I hope you and your family can heal.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT