ADVERTISEMENT

Team Title No Champs

Big10isagrind

Feb 12, 2018
How many times has a team won the National Title without a Champ. I remember Minnesota did it but I think they might of had 10 All Americans.

This year psu could’ve won with only 5 qualifiers and no champs
RBY-Bartlett-SVN-Levi-Kerk 84 points

They also could’ve only had 4 qualifiers and won Levi-Starocci-Brooks-Kerk 84 points

I know most people panic when we have a few weak weights. If you have lots of hammers it doesn’t seem to be a problem.

Last edited:
I think it was just Minnesota, no champs and 10 AA.

While a close tournament can be super exciting (2018 psu & osu), I don't like it to be that close. Think about a few of those matches for SVN he had to come back and win, flip one and we might be talking 2nd place. Heck even Spencer can get decked ;)

Reactions: Fatmarc
How many times has a team won the National Title without a Champ. I remember Minnesota did it but I think they might of had 10 All Americans.

This year psu could of won with only 5 qualifiers and no champs
RBY-Bartlett-SVN-Levi-Kerk 84 points

They also could of only had 4 qualifiers and won Levi-Starocci-Brooks-Kerk 84 points

I know most people panic when we have a few weak weights. If you have lots of hammers it doesn’t seem to be a problem.
Just Minny, I believe.

And look, I’m not trying to be a grammar nazi, really. But I thought I‘d mention that when folks such as yourself think “could of,” they are thinking of the contraction “could’ve” which sounds like “could of” but is the combination of the two words “could have.”

Knowing Gi Joe GIF by MOODMAN

Just Minny, I believe.

And look, I’m not trying to be a grammar nazi, really. But I thought I‘d mention that when folks such as yourself think “could of,” they are thinking of the contraction “could’ve” which sounds like “could of” but is the combination of the two words “could have.”

This. Do Penn State's English Dep't proud.

Similarly, whenever you type out "your," break it up if your mind--if "you are" makes sense in the context of what you've written, change it to "you're." This is grade school stuff.

Just Minny, I believe.

Just Minny, I believe.

This. Do Penn State's English Dep't proud.

Similarly, whenever you type out "your," break it up if your mind--if "you are" makes sense in the context of what you've written, change it to "you're." This is grade school stuff.
You guys seem like a real blast! Make fun of people because their level of education is not at your standards. People in the world have learning disabilities. Your mothers should of smacked the shit out of you! I thought this was a place to enjoy talking wrestling. Do Penn State Proud and be a decent human being.

Last edited:
You guys seem like a real blast! Make fun of people because there their level of education is not at your standards. People in the world have learning disabilities. Your mothers should of smacked the shit out of you! I thought this was a place to enjoy talking wrestling. Do Penn State Proud and be a decent human being.

Last edited:
You guys seem like a real blast! Make fun of people because there their level of education is not at up to your standards. People in the world have learning disabilities. Your mothers should of have smacked the shit out of you! I thought this was a place to enjoy talking about wrestling. Do Penn State Proud and be a decent human being.

You guys seem like a real blast! Make fun of people because there level of education is not at your standards. People in the world have learning disabilities. Your mothers should of smacked the shit out of you! I thought this was a place to enjoy talking wrestling. Do Penn State Proud and be a decent human being.
Hey, sorry to offend--I swear it wasn't my intention. I guess I just try to defend our language like @82bordeaux does Italian food. Culture is never a given. I'm sure I make spelling and grammar mistakes often, and have no illusions of superiority over anyone based on education level alone. Props to you for starting a good topic about actual wrestling--that's better than many.

I do take exception to your assessment of my deceased mother's parenting techniques though--that's totally uncalled for, IMO.

Minnesota's accomplishments are the only team to have 10 AAs and the only team to win the team title without a finalist.
You're right--the finalist thing is what I was conflating. In theory, pulling off the natty w/ out a champ has to be a much lower bar than that.

You guys seem like a real blast! Make fun of people because their level of education is not at your standards. People in the world have learning disabilities. Your mothers should of smacked the shit out of you! I thought this was a place to enjoy talking wrestling. Do Penn State Proud and be a decent human being.
People in the world go to Pitt too.

You must not come around here much, do you?

Reactions: mcpat
Grammar on this site boggles my mind sometimes.
I can fracture the English language occasionally, but my granddaughter (12 yrs old) agrees with tikk10. She says that's "grade school stuff".

Reactions: tikk10 and nitlion6
Every time I go to Allegheny County, I'm stunned by the sheer number of people who take Pitt athletics seriously.

Which, granted, is probably a few thousand at most.
But, their football team has won like 87 titles!!!! :p

Reactions: nitlion6
But, their football team has won like 87 titles!!!! :p
The crazy part about Pitt football is that the ONLY time after WW2 when they were really good - 1975 to 1982 - they were REALLY freaking good.

In fact, the Penn State-Pitt rivalry from 1975 to 1982 is as good as the Michigan-Ohio State rivalry ever was and arguably better.

But otherwise, what a joke of a program lol.

Reactions: nitlion6
Every time I go to Allegheny County, I'm stunned by the sheer number of people who take Pitt athletics seriously.

Which, granted, is probably a few thousand at most.
When I said that, I forgot that some people on this board went to Pitt. I was only attempting to push back on the silly equation of message board typos to learning disabilities.

(And I'm not a grammar nazi. Typos aren't important. I only point them out when a grammar nazi has one in a correction, or when they hilariously change the meaning of a post. Or when by Creedo.)

So I shouldn't have done that. My apologies to the Pitt folks here.

I should've said Ohio State.

The crazy part about Pitt football is that the ONLY time after WW2 when they were really good - 1975 to 1982 - they were REALLY freaking good.

In fact, the Penn State-Pitt rivalry from 1975 to 1982 is as good as the Michigan-Ohio State rivalry ever was and arguably better.

But otherwise, what a joke of a program lol.
imo....It seems that relative to team success, Pitt has produced an amazing # of NFL all time greats - Bill Fralic, Tony Dorsett, Dan Marino, Hugh Green, Larry Fitzgerald

When I said that, I forgot that some people on this board went to Pitt. I was only attempting to push back on the silly equation of message board typos to learning disabilities.

(And I'm not a grammar nazi. Typos aren't important. I only point them out when a grammar nazi has one in a correction, or when they hilariously change the meaning of a post. Or when by Creedo.)

So I shouldn't have done that. My apologies to the Pitt folks here.

I should've said Ohio State.
I ain't playing school.

Grammar on this site boggles my mind sometimes.
I can fracture the English language occasionally, but my granddaughter (12 yrs old) agrees with tikk10. She says that's "grade school stuff".
I’m probably the worst offender here. I’m a GOAT when it comes to butchering the English language. Apologies to both you and your granddaughter. :)

Reactions: tikk10

Correction: Your mothers should have smacked the shit out of you!

You might not believe these; but most parents don't confuse physical abuse with parenting.

"People in the world have learning disabilities."

That's why we have spell check. That way, short bus riders can yammer on in comfortable anonymity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT