ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels Tame Wildcats!!! Meow! Meow!!

Good thing they called some ticky tack fouls early on Kentucky's two best players or Kentucky would have won by double digits.

Good thing they called some ticky tack fouls early on Kentucky's two best players or Kentucky would have won by double digits.

I was just going to say if UNC is going to get these calls, just give them the trophy. There kids can just go back to class then..

Reactions: AWS1022
They can fake going to fake class.

The fake class argument is tired. I have 2 friends who are college basketball insiders who will tell you Roy Williams runs a cleaner program than 99% of others. If the academic "fraud" was as bad as you claim, why do you even care? Would you prefer Roy recruit the number of 1 and dones like Calipari and Coach K? He had Academic AAs alone on last years team. Roy has been nothing but class. He's the complete opposite of guys like Cal and K. Everything has always been about his players.

Really wish both teams could lose in these kind of games. Very few institutions have made a greater mockery of the student-athlete concept and amateur status as these two cesspools.

The fake class argument is tired. I have 2 friends who are college basketball insiders who will tell you Roy Williams runs a cleaner program than 99% of others. If the academic "fraud" was as bad as you claim, why do you even care? Would you prefer Roy recruit the number of 1 and dones like Calipari and Coach K? He had Academic AAs alone on last years team. Roy has been nothing but class. He's the complete opposite of guys like Cal and K. Everything has always been about his players.

What is tiring is how that unethical POS coach and program broke NCAA rules and continued to do so and got no punishment from it, but Penn State had one guy who wasn't even a coach or involved with the program do something and got hit and it wasn't even in NCAA Guidlines.

I don't get all the UNC love on here, that school is total opposite of Penn State in everyway possible.

Reactions: AWS1022
Really wish both teams could lose in these kind of games. Very few institutions have made a greater mockery of the student-athlete concept and amateur status as these two cesspools.

Amen Todd, what is also amazing is how one poster continues to rub UNC in our faces, like a sPitt fan would if they were having success.

What is tiring is how that unethical POS coach and program broke NCAA rules and continued to do so and got no punishment from it, but Penn State had one guy who wasn't even a coach or involved with the program do something and got hit and it wasn't even in NCAA Guidlines.

I don't get all the UNC love on here, that school is total opposite of Penn State in everyway possible.

Nope. Wrong again. UNC is a better academic institution than ours whether you like it or not. It takes a real tough guy to call Roy Williams a POS on an online forum.

When it isn't Penn State, suddenly you support the NCAA in their quest to bring down another school. By the way, the "scandal" largely concerns Afro American Studies classes. PSU offers such classes as well. I ensure you, they aren't as difficult as 95%+ of other classes offered at PSU.

Screw the NCAA.

Reactions: udsig91
I have friends who are insiders who say UNC cheats...see two can play that game. Until they make one and dones against the rules, then Cal and K are doing nothing wrong. I live in Lexington and nobody does more for the community than Cal. Hate how he recruits all you want, but don't act like he's some evil guy because he's not.

I have friends who are insiders who say UNC cheats...see two can play that game. Until they make one and dones against the rules, then Cal and K are doing nothing wrong. I live in Lexington and nobody does more for the community than Cal. Hate how he recruits all you want, but don't act like he's some evil guy because he's not.

Had no intention of doing so. Now sure how we went Coach Cal's recruiting to the amount of community service that he does. Completely irrelevant.

I don't think you have insiders that say UNC cheats. Sounds like an unoriginal attempt to one up me. Fail!

Remarkable rationalizing about the UNC academic/athletic scandal which goes back some 20 years and is still not settled.

32739980.jpg

Had no intention of doing so. Now sure how we went Coach Cal's recruiting to the amount of community service that he does. Completely irrelevant.

I don't think you have insiders that say UNC cheats. Sounds like an unoriginal attempt to one up me. Fail!
It's playing on your fail of saying you have some special inside information about UNC. You don't. You basically trashed Cal and Coach K in defense of Williams. I stated that Cal does a lot of good.

It's playing on your fail of saying you have some special inside information about UNC. You don't. You basically trashed Cal and Coach K in defense of Williams. I stated that Cal does a lot of good.

"You Basically trashed Cal and Coach K"

Okay. So they don't recruit one and done players. Happy?

Lol. I'd be careful how hard you judge others. Academic fraud is a huge problem at a lot of universities, though, you'll never hear about it. Which Carolina players do you believe aren't going to class?
Why should I worry about judging others? I'm a Penn State fan and I'm quite sure it's not happening at PSU. There is evidence it's happened at UNC and no evidence it's ever happened at PSU. So why should I be careful?

"You Basically trashed Cal and Coach K"

Okay. So they don't recruit one and done players. Happy?
"Roy has been nothing but class. He's the complete opposite of guys like Cal and K. Everything has always been about his players."

That's actually what you posted. You said Roy has been nothing but class...the complete opposite of Cal and K. So what is that saying? I'll post slowly so you can understand...that's saying Cal and K have been classless. That's what the opposite of nothing but class is. I would say giving a butt ton back to the community is hardly classless.

Lol. I'd be careful how hard you judge others. Academic fraud is a huge problem at a lot of universities, though, you'll never hear about it. Which Carolina players do you believe aren't going to class?
You could start with their 2005 national championship team, and starter Rashad McCants.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/unc-scandal/article10122626.html

By Dan Kane -

• During the season that the UNC men’s basketball team made its run to the 2005 NCAA championship, its players accounted for 35 enrollments in classes that didn’t meet and yielded easy, high grades awarded by the architect of the university’s academic scandal.

The classes, some advertised as lectures but that never met and others listed as independent studies, were supervised by Deborah Crowder, a manager in African and Afro-American studies who a report from former U.S. Justice Department official Kenneth Wainstein says graded required end-of-semester work leniently as part of a “paper class” scheme to keep athletes eligible. Crowder was not a professor and admitted to investigators that she assigned grades without reading the papers.

Of the 35 bogus class enrollments, nine came during the fall semester of 2004, when eligibility for the spring was determined. Twenty-six were during the spring semester, when the season climaxed with a victory over Illinois in St. Louis.

One of the basketball players, Rashad McCants, had previously told ESPN he took nothing but paper classes in the spring 2005 semester. His transcript showed he was in three independent studies plus one lecture class that had no instruction. He received straight A-minuses, making the dean’s list.

The N&O reported in June that five members of the championship team, including four key players, had relied heavily on the paper classes: 52 enrollments during their time at UNC. The Wainstein documents, however, have more detail and show a heavy concentration during the spring semester of 2005, when the team was driving toward a national title.

That semester alone raises questions about whether the team enjoyed a competitive advantage, simply because players didn’t have to attend many classes and were guaranteed high grades. At least five players took three bogus classes each, the Wainstein documents show.

Reactions: john4psu
You could start with their 2005 national championship team, and starter Rashad McCants.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/unc-scandal/article10122626.html

By Dan Kane -

• During the season that the UNC men’s basketball team made its run to the 2005 NCAA championship, its players accounted for 35 enrollments in classes that didn’t meet and yielded easy, high grades awarded by the architect of the university’s academic scandal.

The classes, some advertised as lectures but that never met and others listed as independent studies, were supervised by Deborah Crowder, a manager in African and Afro-American studies who a report from former U.S. Justice Department official Kenneth Wainstein says graded required end-of-semester work leniently as part of a “paper class” scheme to keep athletes eligible. Crowder was not a professor and admitted to investigators that she assigned grades without reading the papers.

Of the 35 bogus class enrollments, nine came during the fall semester of 2004, when eligibility for the spring was determined. Twenty-six were during the spring semester, when the season climaxed with a victory over Illinois in St. Louis.

One of the basketball players, Rashad McCants, had previously told ESPN he took nothing but paper classes in the spring 2005 semester. His transcript showed he was in three independent studies plus one lecture class that had no instruction. He received straight A-minuses, making the dean’s list.

The N&O reported in June that five members of the championship team, including four key players, had relied heavily on the paper classes: 52 enrollments during their time at UNC. The Wainstein documents, however, have more detail and show a heavy concentration during the spring semester of 2005, when the team was driving toward a national title.

That semester alone raises questions about whether the team enjoyed a competitive advantage, simply because players didn’t have to attend many classes and were guaranteed high grades. At least five players took three bogus classes each, the Wainstein documents show.
Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

"Roy has been nothing but class. He's the complete opposite of guys like Cal and K. Everything has always been about his players."

That's actually what you posted. You said Roy has been nothing but class...the complete opposite of Cal and K. So what is that saying? I'll post slowly so you can understand...that's saying Cal and K have been classless. That's what the opposite of nothing but class is. I would say giving a butt ton back to the community is hardly classless.

How does one "post slowly"?

I happen to like Coach Cal, but, but, but....Community Service

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/...onderful-life-begin-the-disclaimers.html?_r=0

By Dan Kane -

Yes. Independent Studies courses exist. I took several while at Penn State, and I did better than Rashad McCant's A- in all 3, and let me tell you, they weren't all that time consuming. None of them required me to spend a minute in a class room.

Though Roy didn't recruit McCants, I will agree with you that he was far from what most fans want to see in their athletes. Again, your obsessing over something that happened 12 years ago.

Yes. Independent Studies courses exist. I took several while at Penn State, and I did better than Rashad McCant's A- in all 3, and let me tell you, they weren't all that time consuming. None of them required me to spend a minute in a class room.

Though Roy didn't recruit McCants, I will agree with you that he was far from what most fans want to see in their athletes. Again, your obsessing over something that happened 12 years ago.

And you are either uninformed or disingenuous about the nature and particulars of the UNC scandal.

The 2005 title is just one part of this story; one reason that this has become an "old story" is that the process with the NCAA and UNC has been drawn out over several years, primarily by UNC stonewalling and lawyering.

Heck, even a UNC fanboy like GLOV has separated his love for the Heels with the story about past cheating. He doesn't give them a free pass.

Reactions: TheGLOV
And you are either uninformed or disingenuous about the nature and particulars of the UNC scandal.

The 2005 title is just one part of this story; one reason that this has become an "old story" is that the process with the NCAA and UNC has been drawn out over several years, primarily by UNC stonewalling and lawyering.

Heck, even a UNC fanboy like GLOV has separated his love for the Heels with the story about past cheating. He doesn't give them a free pass.

Then it's settled. You win. Carolina deserves to lose in the semis because of their "past cheating". Dana Altman deserves to win this one more than anyone. Nothing bad has ever taken place within the Oregon basketball program under his watch. Go Ducks!

Then it's settled. You win. Carolina deserves to lose in the semis because of their "past cheating". Dana Altman deserves to win this one more than anyone. Nothing bad has ever taken place within the Oregon basketball program under his watch. Go Ducks!
It would be nice if Carolina had some sort of punishment. I think that's all PSU fans would like to see...since we got next to the death penalty for nothing.

Lol. You win too. Coach Cal gave all that up once he got to Kentucky. Go Cats!
Coaches change in different stages of their careers. Look at Huggins...he was not all that above board at Cincy and graduated no players. Now at WVU he has job security and isn't going anywhere, and he has changed in his recruiting and his coaching. It happens.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT