ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels Tame Wildcats!!! Meow! Meow!!

It would be nice if Carolina had some sort of punishment. I think that's all PSU fans would like to see...since we got next to the death penalty for nothing.

That's fine. I don't want to continue to argue about it. I just look at it differently. Should Carolina be punished, we won't benefit from it. Hell, Carolina not receiving a punishment as of yet could be because the NCAA overstepped their boundaries with us. I really don't know.

Coaches change in different stages of their careers. Look at Huggins...he was not all that above board at Cincy and graduated no players. Now at WVU he has job security and isn't going anywhere, and he has changed in his recruiting and his coaching. It happens.

Fwiw. Huggins did graduate players at Cincy.

He just had lots of juco kids and transfers , who didnt count towards the NCAA grad rate.

Fwiw. Huggins did graduate players at Cincy.

He just had lots of juco kids and transfers , who didnt count towards the NCAA grad rate.
He's a completely different coach now than he was at Cincy. But the stats I saw showed his grad rate at Cincy at 0%...not sure how jucos and transfers change that. But my point is he now has job security and knows he has a job for life. He doesn't have to do things the way he used to. Much like Cal.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Oh how wrong you are sir.

If NC makes their free-throws & 3-pointers, the margin of victory for the Heels is much greater.

No last second heroics is necessary IMO.
But they didn't...they had their shot. Unfortunately Kentucky didn't have their shot because their best players were on the bench.

And you are either uninformed or disingenuous about the nature and particulars of the UNC scandal.

The 2005 title is just one part of this story; one reason that this has become an "old story" is that the process with the NCAA and UNC has been drawn out over several years, primarily by UNC stonewalling and lawyering.

Heck, even a UNC fanboy like GLOV has separated his love for the Heels with the story about past cheating. He doesn't give them a free pass.

Thank you Roy.

Oh how wrong you are sir.

If NC makes their free-throws & 3-pointers, the margin of victory for the Heels is much greater.

No last second heroics is necessary IMO.
It is a shame these two teams ended up in the same bracket because the final four would have been better with both of them in it. Clearly two of the best teams in the country this year.

Reactions: udsig91 and TheGLOV
Nope. Wrong again. UNC is a better academic institution than ours whether you like it or not. It takes a real tough guy to call Roy Williams a POS on an online forum.

When it isn't Penn State, suddenly you support the NCAA in their quest to bring down another school. By the way, the "scandal" largely concerns Afro American Studies classes. PSU offers such classes as well. I ensure you, they aren't as difficult as 95%+ of other classes offered at PSU.

Screw the NCAA.

UNC is better then Penn State? Then go on their board UNC Troll

He's a completely different coach now than he was at Cincy. But the stats I saw showed his grad rate at Cincy at 0%...not sure how jucos and transfers change that. But my point is he now has job security and knows he has a job for life. He doesn't have to do things the way he used to. Much like Cal.

Yes he did have a 0% grad rate

But the NCAA grad rate % only takes into account players who enroll at the school as freshman (or something along those basic lines).

So a juco kid who comes into the program and graduates doesn't impact that 0% grad rate. However if a kid comes as a freshman and leaves, it does have a negative impact. It's a really dumb stat

Im not saying His academic track record was great... but There were kids at Cincy under Huggins who graduated.

Last edited:
UNC is better then Penn State? Then go on their board UNC Troll

Why is he a troll? Because he finds the irony and humor in your desire to tar and feather every other a institution that has scandals except ours? Are the Tar Heels supposed to give themselves the death penalty? Blame the NCAA for the uneven administration of "justice". If this were a thread about Emmert, you'd probably have nobody to argue with. UNC is a great school. No harm in rooting for them over Kentucky.

Reactions: PSUoh90
Why is he a troll? Because he finds the irony and humor in your desire to tar and feather every other a institution that has scandals except ours? Are the Tar Heels supposed to give themselves the death penalty? Blame the NCAA for the uneven administration of "justice". If this were a thread about Emmert, you'd probably have nobody to argue with. UNC is a great school. No harm in rooting for them over Kentucky.
He's a troll because he said UNC is a better school than PSU. Pretty easy to figure out.

He's a troll because he said UNC is a better school than PSU. Pretty easy to figure out.

Okay. I'll take back that comment. I've never attended a class at UNC, therefore, I can't know for certain. However, you'll have a tough time finding a university ranking that has PSU higher than UNC. If pointing that out makes me a troll, so be it.

If you are ranking large public state universities, UNC is ranked higher than PSU by most services. Both are good schools. If you aren't Jerry Stackhouse, UNC is a good education. I think Penn States network is much stronger and I would choose PSU because I'm a Pennsylvania boy.

If he did come on here and say that verbatim, then maybe that is a bit troll-worthy.

Reactions: TheGLOV and PSUoh90
If you are ranking large public state universities, UNC is ranked higher than PSU by most services. Both are good schools. If you aren't Jerry Stackhouse, UNC is a good education. I think Penn States network is much stronger and I would choose PSU because I'm a Pennsylvania boy.

If he did come on here and say that verbatim, then maybe that is a bit troll-worthy.
Both are good but what true Penn State fan would post that UNC is a better school than PSU on a PSU message board?

Both are good but what true Penn State fan would post that UNC is a better school than PSU on a PSU message board?

I said at the end of my post that I agree with you if he said that. He just retracted that comment. Let's all go to bed. My bracket is already busted by South Carolina.

Saying your school is better because you went there, does not make you a "true" fan. By the way, what I said was in response to the comment below.

"I don't get all the UNC love on here, that school is total opposite of Penn State in everyway possible."

Do you like Michigan? I hate them. I'm going to guess you do to, but, that doesn't make PSU a more prestigious school. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Saying Temple or WVU is a better school would be trolling.

Agreed. Kentucky had to play mis-seeded Witchita State, UCLA then UNC just to get to the Final Four. That's a particularly difficult road to the Final Four. My son, a UK alum, is very disappointed this evening.

By the way, he is a member of the Class of 2012. We've talked about the difference between his senior year at UK when compared to a senior year at Penn State. In 2012, both UK and Penn State seniors had very emotional senior years. While Penn State seniors were dealing with the fallout from the Jerry Sandusky scandal, the UK seniors were celebrating their 8th National Championship. Talk about opposite ends of the emotional spectrum. We sent our son to New Orleans to watch his team win it all. This Penn State home is now part of Big Blue Nation (BBN).

Okay. I'll take back that comment. I've never attended a class at UNC, therefore, I can't know for certain. However, you'll have a tough time finding a university ranking that has PSU higher than UNC. If pointing that out makes me a troll, so be it.

Im talking about student athletes.. There is noway UNC is better then Penn State.. PSU athletes are pretty successful, they get honors yearly. UNC, not so much.

Im talking about student athletes.. There is noway UNC is better then Penn State.. PSU athletes are pretty successful, they get honors yearly. UNC, not so much.

Yep. All UNC student athletes are failures. I hope to god, for the sake of my alma mater, that you didn't attend PSU.

But they didn't...they had their shot. Unfortunately Kentucky didn't have their shot because their best players were on the bench.
I disagree sir.
Nah. Judging by your posts, I'm going to guess you didn't go to Penn State.
Please go easy on the red-headed step-child of the board please.
Really wish both teams could lose in these kind of games. Very few institutions have made a greater mockery of the student-athlete concept and amateur status as these two cesspools.
Wrong Todd.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUoh90
UNC only wins when they have superior talent and I hate to say it that they have the most talent of the four remaining teams and should be favored to win both games. But I can still hold out hope that Roy spits it up and we all get a chance to see Roy and their crummy fans cry. You have to beat both them and the refs to knock them out. I'm hoping that Oregon shows them the door.

UNC only wins when they have superior talent and I hate to say it that they have the most talent of the four remaining teams and should be favored to win both games. But I can still hold out hope that Roy spits it up and we all get a chance to see Roy and their crummy fans cry. You have to beat both them and the refs to knock them out. I'm hoping that Oregon shows them the door.

Don't hold back sonny.

You are wrong on so many levels but maybe the Duck will lose its' quack!

1. 5 Final Fours in 14 years. Not bad for a coach who can't get top recruits and isn't good in game. He must be pretty lucky.

He is also an unethical piece of crap, why don't you post on the Tar Heel board.. It's obvious you are a good guy, but a UNC fan which nobody on here is.

200.webp

Nope. Wrong again. UNC is a better academic institution than ours whether you like it or not. It takes a real tough guy to call Roy Williams a POS on an online forum.

When it isn't Penn State, suddenly you support the NCAA in their quest to bring down another school. By the way, the "scandal" largely concerns Afro American Studies classes. PSU offers such classes as well. I ensure you, they aren't as difficult as 95%+ of other classes offered at PSU.

Screw the NCAA.
PSUoh90: UNC is indeed a quality academic institution. That is inarguable.

I would also second your sentiments regarding the NCAA. And the main reason I feel that way is the maddening and frustrating inconsistency and unfairness that is highlighted by the kid gloves treatment of UNC. Whether you accept it or not (apparently not, because you surround the term "scandal" with quotation marks), YEARS of no-show classes, papers written/tests taken by surrogates, and professors handing out unearned grades qualifies as a genuine scandal.

Roy Williams was the UNC head basketball coach for a significant portion of that period. I find it impossible to credit that he knew nothing about it. And if he DID know nothing, that in itself is inexcusable.

Nothing against you or Glov or the other people here who root for UNC, but I hope you will understand if some of us do not share your enthusiasm.

PSUoh90: UNC is indeed a quality academic institution. That is inarguable.

I would also second your sentiments regarding the NCAA. And the main reason I feel that way is the maddening and frustrating inconsistency and unfairness that is highlighted by the kid gloves treatment of UNC. Whether you accept it or not (apparently not, because you surround the term "scandal" with quotation marks), YEARS of no-show classes, papers written/tests taken by surrogates, and professors handing out unearned grades qualifies as a genuine scandal.

Roy Williams was the UNC head basketball coach for a significant portion of that period. I find it impossible to credit that he knew nothing about it. And if he DID know nothing, that in itself is inexcusable.

Nothing against you or Glov or the other people here who root for UNC, but I hope you will understand if some of us do not share your enthusiasm.

An accreditation issue is not an NCAA issue, much like how a child abuse scandal is not an NCAA issue. The NCAA has no business getting into judgment as it relates to academic rigor. If that's the route you want to go down, why is there no outrage for students who don't even need to finish the second semester of their freshman year because they're off to the draft after their last game?

I took gen eds and electives while at PSU that you could make the same argument for. Any idea why we had 2 key players out for the Rose Bowl?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT