ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels Tame Wildcats!!! Meow! Meow!!

An accreditation issue is not an NCAA issue, much like how a child abuse scandal is not an NCAA issue. The NCAA has no business getting into judgment as it relates to academic rigor. If that's the route you want to go down, why is there no outrage for students who don't even need to finish the second semester of their freshman year because they're off to the draft after their last game?

I took gen eds and electives while at PSU that you could make the same argument for. Any idea why we had 2 key players out for the Rose Bowl?

Are you going to continue your efforts to establish an equivalency between the UNC scandal and the presence of some easy courses at PSU and other colleges?

I'd say the only person you're fooling here is yourself, and I'm not sure if you're being serious. Give it a rest, man.

Reactions: LafayetteBear
Are you going to continue your efforts to establish an equivalency between the UNC scandal and the presence of some easy courses at PSU and other colleges?

I'd say the only person you're fooling here is yourself, and I'm not sure if you're being serious. Give it a rest, man.

I was responding to someone who directed a comment towards me. I don't think it was directed towards you so I don't know why you're responding. I think you're trying a little too hard. Bye now.

PSUoh90: UNC is indeed a quality academic institution. That is inarguable.

I would also second your sentiments regarding the NCAA. And the main reason I feel that way is the maddening and frustrating inconsistency and unfairness that is highlighted by the kid gloves treatment of UNC. Whether you accept it or not (apparently not, because you surround the term "scandal" with quotation marks), YEARS of no-show classes, papers written/tests taken by surrogates, and professors handing out unearned grades qualifies as a genuine scandal.

Roy Williams was the UNC head basketball coach for a significant portion of that period. I find it impossible to credit that he knew nothing about it. And if he DID know nothing, that in itself is inexcusable.

Nothing against you or Glov or the other people here who root for UNC, but I hope you will understand if some of us do not share your enthusiasm.

I hear you sir.

I've long advocated that indeed punishment should occur.

ADVERTISEMENT