ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgating food help

uscgPSU

Jul 6, 2014
So we have 20 of us coming up for the Army game this upcoming weekend. When planning our food for the game we took care of all the regulars (burgers, dogs, mac and cheese, etc). My question is seeing as though it is a noon kick off, we need to address food for before the game. I'm just trying to get information from the all-knowing board of what you cook/make for breakfast type foods. My wife's dad usually brings the RV so we have it covered for most games, but this game they are not coming so we are kind of scrambling to come up with ideas.

So we have 20 of us coming up for the Army game this upcoming weekend. When planning our food for the game we took care of all the regulars (burgers, dogs, mac and cheese, etc). My question is seeing as though it is a noon kick off, we need to address food for before the game. I'm just trying to get information from the all-knowing board of what you cook/make for breakfast type foods. My wife's dad usually brings the RV so we have it covered for most games, but this game they are not coming so we are kind of scrambling to come up with ideas.
20 people? Cook 40 pounds of bacon and buy some orange juice. The tailgate will be fondly remembered forever. There will be extra bacon but when you cook it there will also be extra people.:)

Reactions: uscgPSU
That is correct. And to clarify, our cooking equipment is limited to a two or three portable grills.

Sausage links, eggs, bacon, toast. A lot of that stuff can be made ahead of time and put in those disposable aluminum trays. Then just put the tray right on the grill and it heats up very fast. You can bring a pot of soup and heat it up. Get some grilled stickies and fry them up with some butter. Make a pot of hot chocolate depending on the temp. Those little grills work pretty quickly and are cheap in case you want to pick up an extra one or two.

On the prepared side of things there are subs, veggie trays, wings (heat trayful on grill), etc. Get trays of chicken or beef and make some tacos or burritos, etc.

Scotch eggs will be a huge hit. They are a staple of our tailgates for over 50 years

Reactions: gslachta
Shrimp cocktail, deviled eggs, California rolls, lox and bagels, potato salad, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, onions, and mimosas! A nice light pregame brunch, and you can leave the grills clean for the post game meats.

Stop by Wegmans and pick up a sandwich tray ( order ahead of time ) we sometimes also have cold trays of Sicilian pizza which just gets wiped out no matter when it is put on the table. Serve that with some fruit, people will enjoy.

Make some cheesy hash brown potatoes and heat them up in a disposable aluminum tray as suggested above. You will be certain to get laid if you throw down the bacon and cheesy hash browns. GUARANTEED! Heat them up in a cast iron Dutch Oven before leaving home and you won't even have to reheat them (especially if you insulate the cast iron in a cardboard box stuffed with newspaper). Your odds of getting laid will still remain "certain" either way and that is what is truly important here!.

I made a couple of mufaletta sandwiches, easy to make & a huge hit.

Stop by Wegmans and pick up a sandwich tray ( order ahead of time ) we sometimes also have cold trays of Sicilian pizza which just gets wiped out no matter when it is put on the table. Serve that with some fruit, people will enjoy.

That worked really well for us this weekend.... We did not have to order ahead as they ad quite a few made up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT