ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano vs Piccinnini this weekend?

NittanyChris

Dec 3, 2001
Hopefully we get to see it. Thoughts? Cruz and Schram were both so offensively timid, it will be nice to see if Picc at least tries to be more aggressive offensively.

I'll say Suriano dec, 5-2.

Very low-scoring...my guess...if they meet. Also there should be #5 Josh Rodriguez, #11 Connor Schram, #13 Nathan Kraisser, and #17 Elijah Oliver.

Hopefully we get to see it. Thoughts? Cruz and Schram were both so offensively timid, it will be nice to see if Picc at least tries to be more aggressive offensively.

I'll say Suriano dec, 5-2.
I think that's a pretty good call. Very good test for both. Nick's strength advantage helps him to win it on the mat

Very low-scoring...my guess...if they meet. Also there should be #5 Josh Rodriguez, #11 Connor Schram, #13 Nathan Kraisser, and #17 Elijah Oliver.

I don't see Indiana or NDSU on the list of teams or on their schedules.

Arizona State (B team)
Boise State
Campbell University
Cal Poly
CSU Bakersfield
CSU Pueblo
Clackamas
Colorado Mesa
CSU Pueblo
Eastern Oregon
Gateway Bible College
Menlo
Michigan State
Missouri (B team)
Montana St Northern
Northern Colorado
Oklahoma State (B team)
Oregon State
Pacific University
Penn State
Simon Fraser
Simpson
Southern Oregon
Southwestern Oregon
Stanford
Wyoming

Could add Aaron Assad

Last edited:
is Picc a redshirt FR?

He is the only guy I know of to really beat Pletcher badly a couple yrs ago; was probably freestyle, cant recall.

It's not happening

Let's play build a roster

OSU
125- Eli Hale 3-1
133- Kyle Garcia 3-1 (Haven't seen GWH this year)
133- Olson 9-4
141- Moran 10-1
149- Martinez 10-1
149- Blaylock 12-1
157- Dolan 3-1
157- Sheets 8-3
174- Smith 12-0
184- Marsden 9-3
197- White 8-2
Hwt- Andrews 7-3

Mizzou
125- Assad 8-4
133- Erneste 9-2
141- Roark 6-4
149- Butler 12-9
157- Fortuna 12-4
157- Karsten 6-2
165- Flynn 13-1
174- Watkins 7-6
285- Romero 5-5

is Picc a redshirt FR?

He is the only guy I know of to really beat Pletcher badly a couple yrs ago; was probably freestyle, cant recall.
Yes, he's a RS freshman. I believe he beat pletcher at flonats so it would have been folk.

Potentially in bracket for Nick

Schram
Kraisser
Aaron Assad- But with McGhee's status, may be hanging back for 12/20 dual.
Bresser (unattached)- Did forfeit out of Mike Clock Open, so definitely a ?
Trey Andrews

I don't see Indiana or NDSU on the list of teams or on their schedules.

Arizona State (B team)
Boise State
Campbell University
Cal Poly
CSU Bakersfield
CSU Pueblo
Clackamas
Colorado Mesa
CSU Pueblo
Eastern Oregon
Gateway Bible College
Menlo
Michigan State
Missouri (B team)
Montana St Northern
Northern Colorado
Oklahoma State (B team)
Oregon State
Pacific University
Penn State
Simon Fraser
Simpson
Southern Oregon
Southwestern Oregon
Stanford
Wyoming

Could add Aaron Assad
Thanks, my bad...was using the 2015 attendees...both Indiana and ND State were there.

It's not happening. Looks like a change in plans. Some people could of made some money on a bet.

It's not the money togs, it's about credibility...though I'll never understand the need to make a bet to prove a point...seems immature, but that's just me.

"100% positive NY, got it from the man himself. Sure enough to put $200 down on a bet on this site but no takers. Also the reason they are going is just to wrestling PSU team, since PSU not going to the Scuffle, Coach wants his wrestlers to have one more look before Nationals since they might not see each other the rest of the season. I wonder why Cael backed out of the Scuffle?"

"I'm your huckleberry, what do you want to wager? Will have some great pictures soon of me wearing a PSU shirt with John and Eric right after the weekend of Oct 22."

"All the starters are going to Reno this year since PSU isn't going to the Scuffle. Coach wants a little head to head against PSU starters. Watch Cael not wrestle their studs in Reno!"

"NoVa do you want to put some money on it? Your last sentence is just to stupid for words and is beneath any true wrestling fan (I will add) that has no connections with the team. That would be a true statement. Injuries of wrestlers of course would not count because I have no control of that. Cornell is Dec16 and Reno Dec18. My information came not from a insider, unless you want to call one of the head coaches a insider. Bet away NoVa, and since you said ZERO then I should get odds since in your mind it will never happen. I'll put $200 down and if I win you will owe me $1000. After all Zero means it will never happen big mouth. Put your money where your mouth is! I'll send my money to Dunkej01 and you send yours to him, I trust him and come Christmas my wife will have a nice Christmas present!"

"I at least put my money where my mouth is."

"I already posted before about the reason John would do that. The trust factor shouldn't be a problem unless you can't read, Dunkej will be holding the money. The number Zero was on John not bringing all the starters, reread your post if that will help you!"

"As for the picture, I have posted recently that it will be in Oct. Credibility factor, that is why I used one of your own (and a honest guy) to hold the money! My money will not be a check but a money order to Dunkej so he will have cash in hand and I expect big mouth to do the same. Looks like big mouth has backed out. I should of used
Crazydancingchickenemoticon.gif~c200
= NoVa, sorry Cael. There are many coaches early in the season that would protect there wrestler, just a example would be why a lot of schools plan a lot of duals against schools that would be one sided early in the year. What other reason except for recruiting in that area."

I believe he beat pletcher at flonats so it would have been folk.

Piccinnini defeated Pletcher at FloNationals in April, 2014, 10-2. Pletcher was ranked #1 at 120 before FloNats and Piccinnini was ranked #4 at the same weight. Video of the match can be watched at THIS LINK. The two also faced each other at Disney Duals in the summer of 2013, with Piccinnini winning that match as well.

Reactions: hlstone
I was really looking forward to the comparison and competition, hoping they would send everyone. Guess I will have to wait until the "bowl" match in Feb, which sucks, but is better than nothing.

Agree with everyone...not having Oklahoma State there takes away much of the talent that many were looking forward to.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
Piccinnini defeated Pletcher at FloNationals in April, 2014, 10-2. Pletcher was ranked #1 at 120 before FloNats and Piccinnini was ranked #4 at the same weight. Video of the match can be watched at THIS LINK. The two also faced each other at Disney Duals in the summer of 2013, with Piccinnini winning that match as well.
Beat me to it. Let me brag about the New Yorkers why don't ya :rolleyes:

That's fantastic that Roar posted all of those previous Mike T posts.

Jammenz might have more credibility than Tognetti.

That's hard to do.

It's not the money togs, it's about credibility...though I'll never understand the need to make a bet to prove a point...seems immature, but that's just me.

"100% positive NY, got it from the man himself. Sure enough to put $200 down on a bet on this site but no takers. Also the reason they are going is just to wrestling PSU team, since PSU not going to the Scuffle, Coach wants his wrestlers to have one more look before Nationals since they might not see each other the rest of the season. I wonder why Cael backed out of the Scuffle?"

"I'm your huckleberry, what do you want to wager? Will have some great pictures soon of me wearing a PSU shirt with John and Eric right after the weekend of Oct 22."

"All the starters are going to Reno this year since PSU isn't going to the Scuffle. Coach wants a little head to head against PSU starters. Watch Cael not wrestle their studs in Reno!"

"NoVa do you want to put some money on it? Your last sentence is just to stupid for words and is beneath any true wrestling fan (I will add) that has no connections with the team. That would be a true statement. Injuries of wrestlers of course would not count because I have no control of that. Cornell is Dec16 and Reno Dec18. My information came not from a insider, unless you want to call one of the head coaches a insider. Bet away NoVa, and since you said ZERO then I should get odds since in your mind it will never happen. I'll put $200 down and if I win you will owe me $1000. After all Zero means it will never happen big mouth. Put your money where your mouth is! I'll send my money to Dunkej01 and you send yours to him, I trust him and come Christmas my wife will have a nice Christmas present!"

"I at least put my money where my mouth is."

"I already posted before about the reason John would do that. The trust factor shouldn't be a problem unless you can't read, Dunkej will be holding the money. The number Zero was on John not bringing all the starters, reread your post if that will help you!"

"As for the picture, I have posted recently that it will be in Oct. Credibility factor, that is why I used one of your own (and a honest guy) to hold the money! My money will not be a check but a money order to Dunkej so he will have cash in hand and I expect big mouth to do the same. Looks like big mouth has backed out. I should of used
Crazydancingchickenemoticon.gif~c200
= NoVa, sorry Cael. There are many coaches early in the season that would protect there wrestler, just a example would be why a lot of schools plan a lot of duals against schools that would be one sided early in the year. What other reason except for recruiting in that area."

Take it easy on old Togs Roar, he's not a bad guy...just some of that God-awful orange has seeped into his brain!!

Reactions: hlstone
Take it easy on old Togs Roar, he's not a bad guy...just some of that God-awful orange has seeped into his brain!!
Ha! Reminds me of a position I had years ago (middle '80's) that allowed me to travel some. We had facilities in Tennessee, South Carolina, and Texas. Just couldn't get away from ORANGE.

Really lame on Ok St's part, IMO. Why even sign up for the tourney if this was going to be such an issue? They knew they had the Friday dual. Very disappointing from a fan's perspective.

Last edited:
Ha! Reminds me of a position I had years ago (middle '80's) that allowed me to travel some. We had facilities in Tennessee, South Carolina, and Texas. Just couldn't get away from ORANGE.
Try living in UT country. If I never see UT orange again, it will be too soon.

Really lame on Ok St's part, IMO. Why even sign up for the tourney if this was going to be such an issue? They knew they had the Friday dual. Very disappointing from a fan's perspective.
This is how they have done it for a few years, send starters to scuffle and back ups to Reno.

Let's see . . .

#9 Piccininni vs. #4 Suriano
#5 Brock vs. #15 Cortez
#1 Heil vs. #13 Gulibon
#3 Collica vs. #1 Retherford
NR Blaylock vs. #1 Nolf
#8 Rogers vs. #9 Joseph
#4 Crutchmer vs. #14 Morelli/Rasheed
#6 Boyd vs. #2 Nickal
#5 Weigel vs. #13 McCutcheon
#12 Schafer vs. #8 Nevills

-- OR --

#9 Piccininni vs. NR Baughman
#5 Brock vs. #16 Grey
#1 Heil vs. NR Koll
#3 Collica vs. NR Galasso
NR Blaylock vs. NR Simaz
#8 Rogers vs. #20 Womack
#4 Crutchmer vs. #6 Realbuto
#6 Boyd vs. #1 Dean
#5 Weigel vs. NR Honis
#12 Schafer vs. NR Sweany

I think I know where I'd send my "B Team" next weekend.

April racer responded appropriately.

In recent years Okie State has sent a b team to Reno and I am certain the plan this year was Cornell, B-team to Reno and see Penn State at Scuffle. Penn State skipping the Scuffle caught more than just Penn State wrestling fans off guard.

I think the mistake many of us on the board made was giving any credence to information provided by supposed Cowboy wrestling fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT