ADVERTISEMENT

Super 32 Thread

BrockBronson

May 20, 2021
Just had a chance to look over Willies pre seeds.
Looking forward for our Central PA boys to win some titles.
Not sure why the no respect for Perry. Haines will be tough to beat this weekend. Jude Swisher will turn some heads. I am also excited to see Franklin against some of the top tier guys the weekend.

We just got weighed in, should be some awesome wrestling. We recently moved to PA. The boy did Mattown Fall Classic last weekend for a warm up. He said on the way home that he thought it was tougher than the national level tournaments on the west coast. He won but lots of tough kids. Interested to see how the MS bracket is.

We just got weighed in, should be some awesome wrestling. We recently moved to PA. The boy did Mattown Fall Classic last weekend for a warm up. He said on the way home that he thought it was tougher than the national level tournaments on the west coast. He won but lots of tough kids. Interested to see how the MS bracket is.
If I read it correctly....'Best of luck to your son,this weekend".

not sure what you're not sure about. who should he be ahead of?

he's the 11 seed as a freshman in the toughest folk tourney in the country.
Willie just subscribed so excuse my ignorance AND questions. Is there a certain channel to follow the tourney? Live updates, updated brackets? Things like that.

Willie, what I think he is saying is that Perry should be the #1 seed and he is committing to PSU when he gets his belt.

I really don’t understand how this tourney is bracketed. What’s the reasoning of the #1 seed getting a first round match while unseeded guys have a bye into second round?

Excited to see what Kevin Olavarria of Manheim Twp. could do. Sophomore with a lot of upside. Not sure why the Williams twins aren’t there

Give Willie a break here. Willie Saylor has proven that he studies results and studies the personal behavior/attitude of those he ranks. He might not always be right....but his opinions should be valued and respected for the amount of information and observation and analysis he has put into his work.....both on and off the mat. My most recent example was how high Willie was on Carter Starocci. His analysis and prediction for Carter was much higher than almost every other site........based on his knowledge of work ethic and in room dedication. He was clearly spot-on. I will be a firm believer until proven otherwise.

Starocci? Sailor Dave could have gave you that info, granted the booze he requires is much more expensive than what Willie is compensated with.

• Love
Reactions: 82bordeaux
Give Willie a break here. Willie Saylor has proven that he studies results and studies the personal behavior/attitude of those he ranks. He might not always be right....but his opinions should be valued and respected for the amount of information and observation and analysis he has put into his work.....both on and off the mat. My most recent example was how high Willie was on Carter Starocci. His analysis and prediction for Carter was much higher than almost every other site........based on his knowledge of work ethic and in room dedication. He was clearly spot-on. I will be a firm believer until proven otherwise.
Wow. You may want to come up for a breathe of air lol.

Perry, Gibson, Haines, Franklin and Basset all in the quarters. Basset has Four Tf’s in his first HS event. Someone said three of them were in the first period. M2 is killing it

Perry, Gibson, Haines, Franklin and Basset all in the quarters. Basset has Four Tf’s in his first HS event. Someone said three of them were in the first period. M2 is killing it
Three of Basset's TFs were in the 1st period. The 4th, in the round of 16 was :15 into the 2nd period. That match was against Aaron Seidel, also from PA. He'll face Adrian DeJesus (NJ) in the Quarterfinal.

Three of Basset's TFs were in the 1st period. The 4th, in the round of 16 was :15 into the 2nd period. That match was against Aaron Seidel, also from PA. He'll face Adrian DeJesus (NJ) in the Quarterfinal.
All these guys got tough matches tomorrow. I looked and Forest and Hering at both in the quarters too. I think they are all in 8th at McCourt. Four in the quarters from McCourt. With little Gibson hurt or could have more

Starocci? Sailor Dave could have gave you that info, granted the booze he requires is much more expensive than what Willie is compensated with.
Nothing against Willie, I think very highly of him. But if anybody missed on Starocci, they weren't looking or just not a very good talent evaluator.

giphy.gif

All these guys got tough matches tomorrow. I looked and Forest and Hering at both in the quarters too. I think they are all in 8th at McCourt. Four in the quarters from McCourt. With little Gibson hurt or could have more
The seeding was well done and the high school groups are wrestling to seed. Based on making it through to the quarters: 106 7 of 8 top seeds did(9 beat 8); 113 6/8(11,14), 120 7/8(11), 126 6/8(2 unseeded 3,9 out), 132 4/8(9,10,11, 1 unseeded 5 out), 138 7/8(1 unseeded 7 out), 145 4/8 (1,2,3,4 plus 9,10,11,12), 152 8/8, 160 4/8(9,10,13, 1 unseeded 3 out), 170 6/8(9,10), 182 6/8(9,12), 195 7/8(9), 220 7/8(1 unseeded, 8 out), 285 5/8 (9,10,12). We have some great matches to watch today.

Reactions: hlstone
The seeding was well done and the high school groups are wrestling to seed. Based on making it through to the quarters: 106 7 of 8 top seeds did(9 beat 8); 113 6/8(11,14), 120 7/8(11), 126 6/8(2 unseeded 3,9 out), 132 4/8(9,10,11, 1 unseeded 5 out), 138 7/8(1 unseeded 7 out), 145 4/8 (1,2,3,4 plus 9,10,11,12), 152 8/8, 160 4/8(9,10,13, 1 unseeded 3 out), 170 6/8(9,10), 182 6/8(9,12), 195 7/8(9), 220 7/8(1 unseeded, 8 out), 285 5/8 (9,10,12). We have some great matches to watch today.
Dalton Perry just beat the #2 seed to advance to the semis.

"Someone said," lol. The brackets are public and in the usual, well known location.

Nothing against Willie, I think very highly of him. But if anybody missed on Starocci, they weren't looking or just not a very good talent evaluator.
That apparently includes a number of D1 coaches, because Starocci was among the last top-ranked commits that year -- and Willie was tweeting at D1 wrestling in general (not at any specific coaches) about how he couldn't believe Starocci was still available.

Reactions: smalls103
Forrest MD Kilkeary 16-6 for 3rd at 113. Forrest is an 8th grader, transferred into McCort this year from NC.

Perry lost 6-5 for 3rd.

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT