ADVERTISEMENT

Super 32 Thread

So did Diehl, and that's irrelevant.

Also irrelevant: that Sammie Henson coached D1 in a different state than where his son wrestled.

You don’t think it’s a little different to drive an hour from your current house as opposed to moving from NC or TN to PA?

You don’t think it’s a little different to drive an hour from your current house as opposed to moving from NC or TN to PA?
For the athletes and their families, sure. But that's not the point.

The discussion is about schools accepting transfers and whether or not those schools should be PIAA vs. National Preps. In that light, out-of-state transfers are out-of-staters who transfer in, period. Whether they are commuters or movers really doesn't matter in that context.

Reactions: Antaeus
All these kids were battling and trying. Some are peaked and will never get better. Some are on a trajectory. Some will grow and bodies will change. I am going to sit back and enjoy watching wrestling.
Hey Idahopennstate fan, I'll be heading your way to do some whitetail hunting on Nov 10th. My cousin lives near the Potlatch/Princeton area. We are flying into Spokane and we usually stop at the Cabelas in Post Falls, which if I remember is your home area. Unfortunately I'll miss the Army match but I am looking forward to another great year of wrestling at Rec Hall.

Reactions: 1AA
That's just a fact of life outside of athletics. My brother married into a family that sends all of its kids to boarding school in Europe.

OK, that's somewhat of an extreme example, but parents don't send their kids to Seminary or Blair or Malvern for them to end up at Edinboro or Bloomsburg.

If PIAA schools go National Preps for athletics, that doesn't separate those kids from their classmates during school hours. The segregation is the parents choosing which set of classmates the kids will have.
EUROPE GUESS THEY DONT WANT TO SEE THE KIDS GROW UP??SCREW THAT

That's just a fact of life outside of athletics. My brother married into a family that sends all of its kids to boarding school in Europe.

OK, that's somewhat of an extreme example, but parents don't send their kids to Seminary or Blair or Malvern for them to end up at Edinboro or Bloomsburg.

If PIAA schools go National Preps for athletics, that doesn't separate those kids from their classmates during school hours. The segregation is the parents choosing which set of classmates the kids will have.
The funny thing about this is that so many people still believe in the meritocracy myth.

Reactions: js8793
What? The meritocracy bunny is dead?

How is the democracy fairy doing?

:) 😬
giphy.gif

Hey Idahopennstate fan, I'll be heading your way to do some whitetail hunting on Nov 10th. My cousin lives near the Potlatch/Princeton area. We are flying into Spokane and we usually stop at the Cabelas in Post Falls, which if I remember is your home area. Unfortunately I'll miss the Army match but I am looking forward to another great year of wrestling at Rec Hall.

Whitetails aren't in Idaho. (Or maybe you're talking about something else besides deer.)

I didn't know they got that far west. (I'm trying not to be judgy, but if I were going to Idaho from the east coast, I'd be going for some elk, not whitetail.)
Oh no doubt, as an East coast guy living out west, my first few years were consumed with Elk and Muley's. I got around to doing some whitetail hunts out there and was thoroughly impressed. Northern Idaho has some monster whitetails. PA hunters are born and bread to hunt whitetails in Eastern Colorado. Most guys out there dont shoot at running deer. I was like shit, you'd never get a shot in PA in gun season if you didnt shoot at a running deer. They got a kick out of my Amish machine gun (Remington 760 Pump).

Oh no doubt, as an East coast guy living out west, my first few years were consumed with Elk and Muley's. I got around to doing some whitetail hunts out there and was thoroughly impressed. Northern Idaho has some monster whitetails. PA hunters are born and bread to hunt whitetails in Eastern Colorado. Most guys out there dont shoot at running deer. I was like shit, you'd never get a shot in PA in gun season if you didnt shoot at a running deer. They got a kick out of my Amish machine gun (Remington 760 Pump).
My cousin's son, Levi bagged a 250 class, 28 pt whitetail buck in 2010. It was the 3rd highest scoring non-typical ever taken in the state back in 2010. I was very fortunate to get a 160 class, 14 pt the next year. Rhino80 is correct that the panhandle section of Idaho has great whitetail hunting. What I've enjoyed, on top of the scenery is the many different big game animals that I have seen, which are Elk, Whitetail, Mule deer and Moose. One of our PA guys got a cougar at the same spot where I got my 14 pt. You can use your deer tag for a cougar or black bear.

I'm including a link to a story and picture of Levi's buck.
https://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/editorial/an-idaho-icon-the-levi-dawes-buck/263324

My cousin's son, Levi bagged a 250 class, 28 pt whitetail buck in 2010. It was the 3rd highest scoring non-typical ever taken in the state back in 2010. I was very fortunate to get a 160 class, 14 pt the next year. Rhino80 is correct that the panhandle section of Idaho has great whitetail hunting. What I've enjoyed, on top of the scenery is the many different big game animals that I have seen, which are Elk, Whitetail, Mule deer and Moose. One of our PA guys got a cougar at the same spot where I got my 14 pt. You can use your deer tag for a cougar or black bear.

https://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/editorial/an-idaho-icon-the-levi-dawes-buck/263324
I couldn't stop reading this article until the end. What a great story. Very well written too!

I couldn't stop reading this article until the end. What a great story. Very well written too!
My cousin told me something about the geography of the panhandle of Idaho that I didn't know. He lives in Latah county and it is probably 40 miles north of the Oregon/Washington line. It is also farther north in latitude than the northern tip of Maine. I would have never guessed that.

Wow what a great story and an insane buck.

Reactions: creamery freak
That is an awesome story! Ive had a few good trips up there with the biggest being a 160 in. 5x5. My biggest ever was a 182 in. 6x6 in Montana. I have enjoyed learning how to hunt Elk and Mule deer, but I'll take a good whitetail hunt any day.

Reactions: creamery freak

I look forward to Levi bagging lots of big game.

Thanks Lion for the clip.

You have to be impressed that Knox cut to get down for this match at that low weight class and still got the job done!

That said, I thought the score did not reflect the overall action and theme of the match. Bo was the aggressor throughout, gave up a tilt, and got caught and paid the price for a few bad positions, by a great wrestler.

I saw nothing here that screams of Bo not adjusting and taking him out the next time if there will ever be a next time. He needs a little adjustment for the length difference. Bo is just a young pup and needs to clean up a few things and develop a few more scoring techniques from on top. He spent a little too much time trying trap arm tilts that just weren't there. If the match lasted another 10 seconds he might have won.

The kid remains super elite in my book. It will be fun to watch how he adapts to his body growing over the next 5 years. For every Spencer Lee, there are a dozen examples where a young phenom doesn't go so well (Adam Busiello).

I love what I see today but it is hard to get over-the-top excited about the' collegiate' prospects of a kid until he hits his junior year IMO. I like his ties to the NLWC, and we can count on him getting the best instruction going forward.

Reactions: Antaeus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT