ADVERTISEMENT

Super 32 Thread

Control yes. Eliminate no. Not control because I don’t want anything killed ever no.
Exactly. I want to control it as a business, to keep it respectable. I don't want ‘yotes near schools - I don't want it sold to yoots! That's an infamia. 🧐

mftWk2hcwXNxRg-SxFCyXu1WkFdlIitW4iXKdpKbzulFr9gLprsU_2fqcowuKnz_EbiHUMQT9ZD1709BlukSR0yj_inK7BQG6CFu9ybUakjM1ZHlr3RdaAT_z3c

Last edited:
Control is one thing, but we've been down this road before in this country. Wolves are a keystone species. Their reintroduction saved Yellowstone and strengthened their elk herds, and greatly improved biodiversity. The zealousness of some hunters and ranchers towards killing wolves is short-sighted and concerning.

I live in an area that no longer has any natural predators for deer. They're insanely overpopulated and have become a danger to the local ecosystem and people. I typically have a minimum of one sighting when I walk my dog through the neighborhood. Usually, it's fine because it's mostly small groups of does and fawns, but now that we're getting into the rut, bucks are roaming the residential areas of town more frequently. Two nights ago, I had quite the stare down with a 12 point buck from across the street while I was with my dog. I didn't see him until it was too late and we were already close. Every year, there's usually at least one incident of somebody's dog getting mauled in town.
Sounds like you and some of your neighbors need to take up hunting.

Sounds like you and some of your neighbors need to take up hunting.
we do large culls pretty frequently, but yes local hunting is failing to fully control the population. funny enough saw another couple on my way in to work after that post. probably pretty easy picking in these parts too because they have very little fear of humans. i've seen people walk up and pet them. it's insane. it gets sad towards the end of winter when they walk through town looking on the verge of starvation. just isn't enough food to support the population.

and it's not a small little country town either. population around 80k.

we do large culls pretty frequently, but yes local hunting is failing to fully control the population. funny enough saw another couple on my way in to work after that post. probably pretty easy picking in these parts too because they have very little fear of humans. i've seen people walk up and pet them. it's insane. it gets sad towards the end of winter when they walk through town looking on the verge of starvation. just isn't enough food to support the population.

and it's not a small little country town either. population around 80k.
You could easily be describing most of suburban Pittsburgh as well. I see more wildife in my inlaws' neighborhood than I typically do in the countryside around State College.

Reactions: js8793
Willie just dropped Levi Haines to #13 P4P. No top 10 PSU recruits this year unless we cut Willie another check :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT