ADVERTISEMENT

still not satisfied ...

Just another PSU Fan

Jan 25, 2013
172.5 doesn't make me any happier with 2 guys losing in the blood round

I'd rather have 10 AAs ... said it a few months back, I'm saying it again

and my favorite final of the night was 149 ... watching all the VT wrestlers on the floor cheering should be done by every team!

and my favorite final of the night was 149 ... watching all the VT wrestlers on the floor cheering should be done by every team!
JN0IjHzKJpGfK.webp

Most teams probably have the whole team on the floor cheering, just the producer for the broadcast chooses not to show it.

Ten 3rd placers, assuming winners bracket thru semifinals, is 135 points without bonus.

Four champs, two seconds, a 3rd, 5th and two R12s was 138.5 points, this year, without bonus.

And top recruits don’t choose their college based on where they’re best apt to place 3rd.

Last edited:

Agree, Agree, Agree.......nice post

Isn’t that sports though? Each guy doing his best, some succeeding and some not. We don’t order the results like a happy meal. 10 AAs has been done just one time. It may or may not happen again.
“A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?”

My Dad won't be satisfied until PSU pins or tech falls every match in every dual and tournament entered throughout a season. That's where you're headed.

The reason PSU is never in that position is they have so many guys preparing to wrestle in matches that same day or night they are typically in the back preparing somewhere.
Spot on. During Aaron’s match the entire team was present including Starocci who wrestled 2 matches previously. All the back ups that attended were as close as they could be and at all times. I believe it was Kasak that said after his 3rd place finish Davis and Ball were there to greet him.

It is quite impressive how even when we have 8 AAs that is still not enough for everyone… WE ARE……spoiled

It's all perspective, fellas (and gals). When you've lived through so many years of toggling between being right there in the trophy hunt to falling outside the top 10 (or even top 20) occasionally, that first championship oh so long ago was surreal and the ultimate satisfaction. And while I love love love watching PSU dominance, I'm always satisfied when we win another title. Of course, I'm disappointed for those who didn't reach their dreams as I know how it feels and how much work these guys put in during their lifetime to get to the top of that podium.

Most of our guys still had to wrestle, so they were warming up, not being cheerleaders.

Reactions: hlstone
Penn State is historically dominant and it unrealistically raises expectations. I myself thought it was possible to have 7 champs, including Kasak. I wasn't far off. Take the best case but not totally unrealistic outcome and the worst case not unrealistic outcome, then be a little pragmatic. We had tied for most finalist and had 4 champs, something which is still rare. Then we scored a tournament record amount of points with a margin of victory record that far exceeded the next biggest margin.

It's easy to get spoiled by this type of success.

It's all perspective, fellas (and gals). When you've lived through so many years of toggling between being right there in the trophy hunt to falling outside the top 10 (or even top 20) occasionally, that first championship oh so long ago was surreal and the ultimate satisfaction. And while I love love love watching PSU dominance, I'm always satisfied when we win another title. Of course, I'm disappointed for those who didn't reach their dreams as I know how it feels and how much work these guys put in during their lifetime to get to the top of that podium.
I wonder how the guys who finish 2nd or third feel seeing almost half or half the roster win the individual title. My wife still gets confused over the individual vs team thing and I think she is finally getting it. you could have your team win, have teammates and friends win and still walk away disappointed. I had to say what if our son lost in the final? she got it a little then. You have so much good going on but still suffered a loss. I think PSU probably handles this stuff better than anyone else, just my guess.

172.5 doesn't make me any happier …
Cael predicted this feeling. When his hiring was announced he said:

“We’re going to win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say: ‘Please, please, it’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. Coach, it’s too much.’ And I’ll say: ‘No it isn’t. We have to keep winning. We have to win more. We’re gonna win MORE. We’re going to win so much … ‘

TTVSL5KHQBD77DDDQQAL6ALI7M.jpg

Cael predicted this feeling. When his hiring was announced he said:

“We’re going to win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say: ‘Please, please, it’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. Coach, it’s too much.’ And I’ll say: ‘No it isn’t. We have to keep winning. We have to win more. We’re gonna win MORE. We’re going to win so much … ‘

TTVSL5KHQBD77DDDQQAL6ALI7M.jpg
200w.gif

This thread is the little brother of “I don’t enjoy watching this team”.

• Haha
Reactions: mhlarch

Imagine potential recruits seeing this kind of performance…. We’ve got to do better. 🙄

I won’t be happy until all 10 of our guys are National Champions…then I’ll still be mad if they didn’t pin every opponent.

Come on Cael! What’s wrong with you? Make this happen already!!!

Phase 2 will be to attract hot younger girls and not you creepy old dudes.. But hey it is a start..
Have you ever thought about starting an annual swimsuit competition? That should attract some talent. I'll gladly donate my time as a judge, if you need any help.

swimsuit competition GIF by Miss USA

swimsuit competition GIF by Miss USA

I won’t be happy until all 10 of our guys are National Champions…then I’ll still be mad if they didn’t pin every opponent in the first 3 seconds.

Come on Cael! What’s wrong with you? Make this happen already!!!
FIFY
Do you think is expecting too much?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT