ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers / Brownies Game Thread......

No call.
FDC5hdfXMAQ8Lbt

That was the worst trick play in history that had nothing trick about it. Snap it directly to the kicker where all 11 defenders can see. Then send 2 guys out against 5 defenders. How dumb was that? Tomlin said he wanted to be aggressive. Rape is aggressive but it will get you in prison. That wasn't aggressive, it was stupid and got the kicker hurt.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Every week there's something to get really pissed off about.

Replay has made it more batantly obvious but it also probably made them worse because of the eye in the sky.

I would say eventually they would go to cameras for the inches and team of officials for personal things. They suck there also.

Last edited:
Nothing is worse than the unnecessary roughness and roughing the passer and targeting calls.

I am not sure we can have perfectly safe football and still have football.

I get that holding and PI are almost impossible to get perfect, but they have to be called some just to keep the game from deteriorating into a clutch and grab contest.

I turned off the game the one week where our guy got called for targeting when he simply made a hard, clean tackle, I think against Wisconsin.

I don't care about the rule, or the proper interpretation of the rule, or the nuances of the rule - if that's going to decide games, then I'll watch golf.

I also have some issues with the "hit" on Boswell. If that had been a QB or WR I bet a flag would have been thrown, especially if it was a QB. So its ok because its a kicker? I call BS on that.

General consensus is that he is the de facto QB at the time, so a flag definitely should have been thrown. The refs muffed on that one.

Reactions: BBrown
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT