ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers / Brownies Game Thread......

And 30 other teams in the NFL would be glad to have him.

Yes. Winningest coach under 50 NFL history.

Also it felt like they owned that game. The young Oline is making strides. They hold too much but get called on bullshit also.

The demise was written too early again for the past 30 years.

Reactions: TheGLOV
As they say the Browns is still the just the Browns, bottom of the AFC North. Bungles lost too. Haha no cheer in Ohio today !
The Browns simply don't get it done most of the time. Been that way for decades. There is some cheer in Ohio. 2 Ohio teams in the top 6 and they both won this weekend.

Isn't that what it says?
No. It says Ben now has 50 wins in Ohio. I don’t see how he could have played 50 games in Ohio. Only play 2 regular season games per year in Ohio. And neither the Browns nor Bengals have been to the playoffs enough to make up the difference.

I found something that says he has beaten Cleveland 24 times and the Bengals 24 times plus 2 more playoff wins over Cincy. That’s 50 wins total. Presumably some of those wins came in Ohio and some in Pennsylvania. So I maintain the tweet had a typo since not all 50 wins were “IN” Ohio.

I found something that says he has beaten Cleveland 24 times and the Bengals 24 times plus 2 more playoff wins over Cincy. That’s 50 wins total. Presumably some of those wins came in Ohio and some in Pennsylvania. So I maintain the tweet had a typo since not all 50 wins were “IN” Ohio.
Cool

Crazy game. Three dropped passes and a fumble by the two best WR in the game Steelers OL was awesome. I felt like I was watching Illinois PSU again.

I still like mayfield. He’s a gamer
So you would re-sign him for big money?

So you would re-sign him for big money?
Define ‘big money’.

sure, what else are you going to do? hi would you get to replace him? He’s got a torn labrum that will require surgery. I counted five dropped passes today. If not for Friermuth’s miracle catch, browns win.

Define ‘big money’.

sure, what else are you going to do? hi would you get to replace him? He’s got a torn labrum that will require surgery. I counted five dropped passes today. If not for Friermuth’s miracle catch, browns win.
They're saying mid 30 mill a year? It's the biggest dilemma in the salary cap era. Pay your QB and have little money for other playmakers. I think they should pay him. They can't afford to go through 19 more quarterbacks in 10? years.

Define ‘big money’.

BTW, loved his response when smacked out of bounds when running for a first down.

Reactions: Obliviax
I also have some issues with the "hit" on Boswell. If that had been a QB or WR I bet a flag would have been thrown, especially if it was a QB. So its ok because its a kicker? I call BS on that.
My guess as to why there was no flag is that the ref was trailing the play and simply missed it. If you see the hit from the front it’s a clear penalty but from behind it’s not clear that Boswell got a helmet in the face mask. I remember being disappointed yesterday that I wasn’t able to find a better video, one showing the hit from the front.

Last edited:
I also have some issues with the "hit" on Boswell. If that had been a QB or WR I bet a flag would have been thrown, especially if it was a QB. So its ok because its a kicker? I call BS on that.
OK, but then you've also got to call the late hit on Mayfield

Reactions: TheGLOV and BBrown
That was BS as well. Clear late hit there, on his bad shoulder. Mayfield, to his credit, didn’t flinch.
The week before, the refs gave a key first down to the opponent when our DT pushed the QB after the pass. The QB slightly stumbled and never fell down. So there is quite a bit of lack of trust between browns fans and NFL refs. There was also a PI call that gave the other team a chance to win (4th down pass in desperation). It was clearly NOT a PI.

No call.
FDC5hdfXMAQ8Lbt

The week before, the refs gave a key first down to the opponent when our DT pushed the QB after the pass. The QB slightly stumbled and never fell down. So there is quite a bit of lack of trust between browns fans and NFL refs. There was also a PI call that gave the other team a chance to win (4th down pass in desperation). It was clearly NOT a PI.
From watching both college and pro games the refs are just bad. Flat out bad

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT