ADVERTISEMENT

Starocci speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
police doctor GIF by South Park

Did Starocci just quit Penn State wrestlin?
This has been discussed and speculated on greatly here since he posted that tweet at midnight on Sunday. The discussion has turned nasty (to the point of topics being locked, posts deleted, and temporary bans threatened...), and no one here knows (or will reveal) any more facts than anyone else in the general public. We're just going to have to wait and see what happens.

This has been discussed and speculated on greatly here since he posted that tweet at midnight on Sunday. The discussion has turned nasty (to the point of topics being locked, posts deleted, and temporary bans threatened...), and no one here knows (or will reveal) any more facts than anyone else in the general public. We're just going to have to wait and see what happens.
Thank you

I would think we should know pretty soon...practice today I assume.
The team might leak info before--but there's no press availability this week, AFAIK. Should be one early next week, and maybe another Coaches Show.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Just want to get in before the lock.

It was a fun tournament last weekend. Have a great week, folks!

We will all know Wednesday at the latest, brackets announced at 6:00 pm. Obviously, will be known somewhere before that.

Yes he could, but I would expect that only if he really thought he could go, and then could not. I doubt Cael puts him in if he is really medically done, or if he is “gone”. I expect we’ll know. Would also expect the injury would have to be discussed in some detail with the “committee”

Reactions: ccdiver
Yes he could, but I would expect that only if he really thought he could go, and then could not. I doubt Cael puts him in if he is really medically done, or if he is “gone”. I expect we’ll know. Would also expect the injury would have to be discussed in some detail with the “committee”
wrong.

If he is medically done then Barraclaugh should have gone and it is total bullshit that he didn't go
Let's see if he's going to wrestle first before getting upset. My understanding was that he could've wrestled this weekend and expected to wrestle. Cael is looking at the bigger picture and kept him out since Big Ten titles aren't the goal. Carter being Carter isn't happy. with that.

The bottom line is that if Carter can't/won't go at NCAAs Cael could not have predicted that beforehand. You don't sit a guy with a chance to be a 4Xer. If he sits himself then it's a different deal.

Just my opinion, but I don't think we'll know much until next week--and even then, maybe not until the team loads the plane or even after. Cael is going to allow for every opportunity for him to compete, regardless of the source of doubt. Everything else is likely only going to be spaghetti against the wall.

Any chance the OP could rename the title of this thread so (1) people following the other dozens of pages of discussion on this topic don't mistakenly think there's actual news on this issues, and (2) we don't get a rehash of the blah, blah, blah speculation and guesswork that torpedoed the other threads? @1959Liberty?

Reactions: Dogwelder
I've seen rumblings that Cael cost Starocci the Hodge. I have to disagree. He wasn't winning that award imo

Reactions: psu85psu
I said this back during the Suriano incident, if Cael plays games with the seeding committee and Carter doesn’t wrestle, I will be pissed if some other wrestler (from another university) doesn’t get the opportunity to compete at nationals. Sometimes even classy guys do classless deeds.

No, Gable was gifted a share. Spencer was the clear winner according to the criteria if you want to play that game.
Spencer was ahead on criteria but ultimately it's up to voters and the voters picked Gable, acknowledging what he did overall was more dominant than pinning a field of 1st time AAs. Pretty well known.

Reactions: danoftw and ccdiver
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT