ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Scuffle Quarters Thread

Cassar vs. Loiseau (Drexel)

Per 1
Not much thru 1st min. Ends

Per 2
Cassar takes bottom. Loiseau with a nice ride. He gets high and Cassar tries to sneak out the back. Stalemate with under 1 min. Cassar gets a reversal after the restart, 2-0. End. 51 sec of RT for Loiseau

Per 3
Loiseau takes bottom. Cassar riding on the right side, and doing well. Goes to left side. Tries a 2-on-1, loses it, and Loiseau gets out, 2-1. Then Cassar with a double leg for a TD, 4-1, with under 1 min left. Nice ride by Cassar. OOB at 36 sec. RT will not be a factor. Loiseau to his feet, Cassar maintains control, and rides out.

Final, 4-1, as only 56 sec of RT for Cassar

Rasheed pins Boykin in 27 sec!

Reactions: therod and kevin310
Could be the wake up call he needed. Been wrestling with no urgency on offense. Trying to win with rideouts not gonna get it done. He better than that

That was a bummer of a match by Nick.

Does anybody happen to know the schedule for tomorrow?

I'm not the first to point this out but Nick was more effective when he was 10-15 lbs lighter. The extra weight helps him ride guys out but edging guys out on a riding time point isn't a recipe for long-term success.

Please get back down to 250

Not to be mean-spirited, but I've thought the same thing this season. It's clear that Nick's stronger and that's a good thing, but he needs to lose a few pounds and get the quickness back if he's going to be a strong candidate to finish #2 or #3 this year.

ACJZIgi.gif

Prince was ranked at 141, moved up to 149 for this event.

He's had some significant wins in the past -- including beating Meredith -- so Verk's showing was pretty good for a true freshman in his first major competition.

Ok makes sense, the name sounded familiar and I thought I remembered he was pretty tough. I took a quick look at the rankings but didn't see him so thought maybe I was confused.

10 am EST is when consolations start on Day 2.

Byers radio coverage will start at 9:40 am EST

Ha! I do want to go there but am not sure it'll be this trip.

We have 2 major constraints: can't do Thanksgiving, and my wife will likely only have 5 vacation days available, maybe 6.

Fall ideas so far are Spain, Italy, Croatia, Greece, somewhere else in Europe (Budapest?), Alaska, maybe Morocco or Georgia (central Asia) -- though I'm still gathering ideas.

The rest of Asia is unlikely, esp. if I go there this spring. Australia/NZ will take too much time. And South America (other than maybe Colombia) is unlikely for other reasons -- namely i would want to see a friend in Paraguay, but wouldn't be able to squeeze in both with time constraints.

Assume B10s and Nationals are two other constraints ;)

I think Michael Boykin has put on weight too. His legs are much bigger. And he's wrestling with intent rather than hanging on. I think he had strength on Nevils, and I've been watching him for years, and he has the speed if he feels the motivation.

Reactions: dicemen99
Assume B10s and Nationals are two other constraints ;)
My wedding anniversary is during nationals. Someday maybe ... preferably when our anniversary isn't on the weekend. Not this year though.

I think Michael Boykin has put on weight too. His legs are much bigger. And he's wrestling with intent rather than hanging on. I think he had strength on Nevils, and I've been watching him for years, and he has the speed if he feels the motivation.
Yes, oldcougar, you and I were probably not too broken up by that result. Great kid, great story for a kid who has gotten an opportunity to get a degree when that was pretty unthinkable when they first got him involved in the sport in 7th grade. Very, very nice kid, my son wrestled him more than a few times what seems like an eon ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT