ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Schuffle

pointingdogsrule

Jan 26, 2014
Always wanted to go to this event to see all the PSU guys wrestle (+Iowa State will also be there). Hopefully it'll be on this years schedule. Airfare is reasonable $258.00. For those going would anyone consider sharing a room or suggesting a good place to stay. Planning on arriving the day before and leaving the day after the event is done. Thanks.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Always wanted to go to this event to see all the PSU guys wrestle (+Iowa State will also be there). Hopefully it'll be on this years schedule. Airfare is reasonable $258.00. For those going would anyone consider sharing a room or suggesting a good place to stay. Planning on arriving the day before and leaving the day after the event is done. Thanks.
Hey Doc - have been there twice now and hope to go this year. Looked at AirBNB but never saw anything attractive. I've stayed at the Hampton inn two years ago - got a good rate and it was fine. Last year got the wrestling club rate (I think at the Double Tree). Both these places are an easy walk to the venue.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
What PSU guys will be there?
The team goes, plus we normally have a few redshirts attend. Mark went a few years ago before his shirt was pulled. So, the entire team plus some. Unless it changes, which we won’t know 100% until the schedule is released.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
This is another good schuffle:
:)

tumblr_myo7t4w4zo1smsd90o1_400.gif

It's a good event and good value for the money (really high quality wrestling in a nice town to visit, and waay cheaper than Nationals have become).

My experience has been that the hotel rates are good, probably because of the dates; most of the usual hotel chains are there and many within walking distance of the arena. Chattanooga is a nice small/mid-sized city with sights to see and plenty of places to eat and drink.

PSU is one of the few teams who is allowed to bring the entire team. It's because the organizers know that PSU will bring a crowd.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga/Hamilton Place last year. It was nice but was about a 10 or 15 minute drive to the University. It was close to the airport tho.

what Airport are you flying out of? State college i just looked and they charge a 60.00 baggage fee with no carry on. so your price went up. Last year i drove down and back for about 100.00 in fuel (total) and did each way in about 10 hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: pointingdogsrule
PSU is one of the few teams who is allowed to bring the entire team. It's because the organizers know that PSU will bring a crowd.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga/Hamilton Place last year. It was nice but was about a 10 or 15 minute drive to the University. It was close to the airport tho.

what Airport are you flying out of? State college i just looked and they charge a 60.00 baggage fee with no carry on. so your price went up. Last year i drove down and back for about 100.00 in fuel (total) and did each way in about 10 hours.
Interesting. How do the organizers limit the other teams' participation? Tell them they can't bring their whole team? Tell them who they can/ can't bring? Any idea who the organizers have limited in the past?

Exactly what they do

Interesting. How do the organizers limit the other teams' participation? Tell them they can't bring their whole team? Tell them who they can/ can't bring? Any idea who the organizers have limited in the past?

Flying from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. That's the same from Cedar Rapids for carry-om $$. One day there and two days of wrestling and then home. I bet that I can fit enough clothes (pants and t-shirts) in one "personal item" to make it 3 days. Don't need to dress fancy ;).

12 1/2 hour drive.... that aint gonna happen.

No I didn't...

PSU - 18 registered
OK state - 15 registered
ISU - 14 registered
Edenboro - 14 registered
Drexel - 10 registered
Cardner - Webb 12 Registered
George Mason - 6 registered
Pitt - 2 registered
North Carolina - 9 registered
Chatnooga - 22 registered

No they don;t. You just made that up.

Last edited:
No I didn't...

PSU - 18 registered
OK state - 15 registered
ISU - 14 registered
Edenboro - 14 registered
Drexel - 10 registered
Pitt - 2 registered
Do I understand your post...you're saying that the folks that manage the Southern Scuffle mandated or limited each of the schools you listed to the number of wrestlers they brought?

No I didn't...

PSU - 18 registered
OK state - 15 registered
ISU - 14 registered
Edenboro - 14 registered
Drexel - 10 registered
Pitt - 2 registered

Without even looking Cornell, Missouri, Minnesota, VA Tech, NC State, etal.

i removed that post because as it says it not really public knowledge
I love that you posted something that clearly the person writing the text did not want posted all because you wanted validation for yourself. Man, the lengths you are going to just to become an "insider" is funny. Lesson, do not share secrets with Str8DBLz. Lol

Funny how my stuff is not fake or just made up

I love that you posted something that clearly the person writing the text did not want posted all because you wanted validation for yourself. Man, the lengths you are going to just to become an "insider" is funny. Lesson, do not share secrets with Str8DBLz. Lol

To be fair, people rode him pretty hard on his claims of receiving informative text messages. And continued to deride him even after things checked out pretty consistently. After a while, I could see where a desire to substantiate yet another questioning of his info might lead to a rash decision to post supporting evidence.

I mean, he could have just gone the route of "Hey BWI -- shut up", but that limited approach doesn't really get people off your back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT