ADVERTISEMENT

Someone remind me about that stat inre Iowa at home vs Top 5 teams

to make things even weirder, Iowa beat Iowa State, which has now beaten 2 teams ranked in the top 5

I'm really wondering about the spread this weekend. Also feel the OSU fans storming the field for a 1 pt win in a game where they were favored by 7 pts, and everyone including Tebow picked them to win, will upset the college football gambling gods . . .

to make things even weirder, Iowa beat Iowa State, which has now beaten 2 teams ranked in the top 5

I'm really wondering about the spread this weekend. Also feel the OSU fans storming the field for a 1 pt win in a game where they were favored by 7 pts, and everyone including Tebow picked them to win, will upset the college football gambling gods . . .

Iowa State is to me, like Washington State....they are built for upsets but not sustained performance. They've got that flukey offense that can go out one day and score 50 then score 17 the next game. Not unlike Houston, Baylor, TCU and Boise of old. They just don't have the horses to provide consistency and sustained wins to really threaten to be a national champion

Comparing the stats, this is an interesting matchup. On the one hand, OSU is scoring an average of over 46 PPG while Iowa is scoring only 25 PPG. But, on the defensive side, Iowa is only permitting 17.4 PPG (about 4 PPG behind PSU), while OSU is permitting 18.3 PPG. Both Iowa and OSU have played PSU and both games were very close. Iowa's lost to MSU and NW by a TD each, both away games. Other than Iowa State, Iowa's defense has been pretty stingy...and the Iowa State game was away. If Iowa's defense is consistent, and their offense is at their best, this one ought to be quite competitive.

Comparing the stats, this is an interesting matchup. On the one hand, OSU is scoring an average of over 46 PPG while Iowa is scoring only 25 PPG. But, on the defensive side, Iowa is only permitting 17.4 PPG (about 4 PPG behind PSU), while OSU is permitting 18.3 PPG. Both Iowa and OSU have played PSU and both games were very close. Iowa's lost to MSU and NW by a TD each, both away games. Other than Iowa State, Iowa's defense has been pretty stingy...and the Iowa State game was away. If Iowa's defense is consistent, and their offense is at their best, this one ought to be quite competitive.

wonder what the weather will be

I thought I read that Iowa’s excellent MLB is out. Is he?

A different time, a different team.

Iowa is not a good team and they're getting OSU at the worst possible time. They'll win by 4 touchdowns.

Iowa is 4-1 vs top 5 opponents in Kinnick. they lost to PSU. buuuuuuut covered the spread.

Over what time frame?

here's their record versus top 5 teams since 2008 (checking my math)

2017 - lost to #2 PSU at home (covered spread)
2016 - beat #3 Michigan at home
*2015 - lost to #5 MSU on neutral field 16-13 (covered spread)
2013 - lost to #4 Ohio State @OSU (covered spread)
2010 - beat #5 MSU at home
2009 - beat #5 Penn State @PSU
2008 - beat #3 Penn State at home

so correction to my original stat, they are 4-3, 3-1 at home, and have covered the spread in every game

here's their record versus top 5 teams since 2008 (checking my math)

2017 - lost to #2 PSU at home (covered spread)
2016 - beat #3 Michigan at home
*2015 - lost to #5 MSU on neutral field 16-13 (covered spread)
2013 - lost to #4 Ohio State @OSU (covered spread)
2010 - beat #5 MSU at home
2009 - beat #5 Penn State @PSU
2008 - beat #3 Penn State at home

so correction to my original stat, they are 4-3, 3-1 at home, and have covered the spread in every game
Great info, thank you! I figured it was 10 year or something similar because Ohio State went in as #1 in 2006 and whooped 'em.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Great info, thank you! I figured it was 10 year or something similar because Ohio State went in as #1 in 2006 and whooped 'em.

btw, Ohio State needs to avoid shades of PSU 2008

we went into #9 Ohio State and won a tight game 13-6

we all but assumed we would be competing for a NC

then we went into Kinnick and lost 24-23

How is this not a night game? Big Ten scheduling helping their chosen favorite?

How is this not a night game? Big Ten scheduling helping their chosen favorite?
The TV contracts provide an out for B1G night games in November. OSU has already played in 3 B1G road night games this year, more than any other team in the conference.

By the way, OSU was very disappointed they couldn't have played last Saturday's game at night.

just please, for the love of God, don't post "6-4" on this board LOL
Haha well, for as much as certain Penn State faithful don't like the B1G, you did play in the B1Ggest B1G game of all time.
btw, Ohio State needs to avoid shades of PSU 2008

we went into #9 Ohio State and won a tight game 13-6

we all but assumed we would be competing for a NC

then we went into Kinnick and lost 24-23
Kinnick is almost always a tough place to play. I'm hoping they used all that voodoo up for the year when Penn State came to town.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT