ADVERTISEMENT

Some good nuggets from the 247 podcast...

Agree, but then its the 225 weight part that concerns me, especially when we go up against. Michigan, Wisconsin and MSU.
Sure. That’d get ugly. Idea isn’t to get steamrolled up the middle on traditional I-formation run plays.

Thinking spread, pass, speed, gap..., where length and speed can be put to good use. I’m not an Xs and Os guru but it’s not entirely new.

Reactions: BBrown
Agree, but then its the 225 weight part that concerns me, especially when we go up against. Michigan, Wisconsin and MSU.

I think Cabinda played the position at 230 last year. It's more about speed than it is weight. Bowen played the Will, also an inside backer, at 225 iirc.

I think Cabinda played the position at 230 last year. It's more about speed than it is weight. Bowen played the Will, also an inside backer, at 225 iirc.

Thanks. I didn't know that, I thought Jason looked bigger, Its probably because Cam is 6'5". Hopefully its a non issue.

Thanks. I didn't know that, I thought Jason looked bigger, Its probably because Cam is 6'5". Hopefully its a non issue.

I don't think the defense has fully caught up with the offense as far as true 4/5 star talent across the board. Farmer, Miller, and Brown are all 3 star guys on merit, iirc. We have great DEs, great cornerbacks. I think Givens can be a disruptive force at DT. The rest of the guys kind of just have to hold the fort down. Play technically sound. If your offense is scoring 35-40 ppg, the defense can get away with "good enough". The '94 model.

I don't think the defense has fully caught up with the offense as far as true 4/5 star talent across the board. Farmer, Miller, and Brown are all 3 star guys on merit, iirc. We have great DEs, great cornerbacks. I think Givens can be a disruptive force at DT. The rest of the guys kind of just have to hold the fort down. Play technically sound. If your offense is scoring 35-40 ppg, the defense can get away with "good enough". The '94 model.
Cam Brown and Koa Farmer were both four star guys.

Edit: Koa was a 3 star in the composite, but a 4 star on 247 and Brown was a 4 star in the composite but a 3 star on 247.

Great listen, above.

Per Fitz, best and biggest group of talent coming this weekend that he's ever seen at Penn State at one time. Thinks it is great for the Penn State brand to get this level of talent all coming together. Big social media buzz among blue chip recruits about Penn State this weekend. Cements our place among Top 10, Top 5 programs as far as perception.

Zach Harrison, #1 player in class of 2019.
Pappoe, #1 LB, #7 overall
Ford, top 50 overall
Marquis Wilson, 4 star DB
Tyler Rudolph, 4 star DB
White, has Fitz CB, USC offer, 6-3 225, great LB prospect, still feels good about PSU here
Ojabo
Brisker - Fitz thinks one of top impact players if he comes to PSU, play right away
Alfano - 5 star DT, back again, was at PSU two weeks ago
Cam'Ron Kelly - official visit

OL who should all end up at PSU
Wallace
Wormley - 3rd visit in 5 weeks
Moore - Fitz put in CB yesterday for PSU
Truss

11 2019 guys who have Fitz CBs will be at B/W

Fitz thinks we can get a few verbals over the weekend. 2. Maybe 3. Maybe.

Has the #1 and #2 overall players in 2020 class coming (Breese, Fleming). Ronald Thompkins, RB from Georgia.

2021 - Derrick Davis, potential 5 star from Gateway, Tangwell, potential 5 star OL, both w/ PSU offers already.

Noah Cain, 2019 #2 RB is expected at the end of the month.

Great listen, above.

Per Fitz, best and biggest group of talent coming this weekend that he's ever seen at Penn State at one time. Thinks it is great for the Penn State brand to get this level of talent all coming together. Big social media buzz among blue chip recruits about Penn State this weekend. Cements our place among Top 10, Top 5 programs as far as perception.

Zach Harrison, #1 player in class of 2019.
Pappoe, #1 LB, #7 overall
Ford, top 50 overall
Marquis Wilson, 4 star DB
Tyler Rudolph, 4 star DB
White, has Fitz CB, USC offer, 6-3 225, great LB prospect, still feels good about PSU here
Ojabo
Brisker - Fitz thinks one of top impact players if he comes to PSU, play right away
Alfano - 5 star DT, back again, was at PSU two weeks ago
Cam'Ron Kelly - official visit

OL who should all end up at PSU
Wallace
Wormley - 3rd visit in 5 weeks
Moore - Fitz put in CB yesterday for PSU
Truss

11 2019 guys who have Fitz CBs will be at B/W

Fitz thinks we can get a few verbals over the weekend. 2. Maybe 3. Maybe.

Has the #1 and #2 overall players in 2020 class coming (Breese, Fleming). Ronald Thompkins, RB from Georgia.

2021 - Derrick Davis, potential 5 star from Gateway, Tangwell, potential 5 star OL, both w/ PSU offers already.

Noah Cain, 2019 #2 RB is expected at the end of the month.

OL class may really take shape after this weekend. This is a crazy BW game in terms of visits.

OL class may really take shape after this weekend. This is a crazy BW game in terms of visits.
That’s definitely how it’s seemed to work over the past few cycles. We definitely seem to get a little bit of a run of OL commits as guys try to lock up their spots in the spring. Last year it was Reed and Effner (and Asiedu, but I think he would have had room for him whenever he wanted to commit), and this year I think we’ll see the same for interior guys.

Not that I'm complaining, but it's kind of an apples-oranges comparison considering that quite a few are OVs, which didn't happen in the past.

No doubt the OV's help, but outside of ND....the regional teams aren't having their games either.

That also helps, but I think that allowing earlier OVs will bring prospects to PSU who otherwise might not have visited, which is a good thing.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
I think Olmstead’s announcement was very revealing in that PSU didn’t make his top five. I believe PSU has Truss, Wallace, and Womsley in the fold and they aren't sure if they are taking a fourth OL, yet. If they do it will be a OT type guy and they seem to be OK with the kid from Lack CC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT