ADVERTISEMENT

So what is Clifford's injury?

Paydirt Podcast with McGloin made a comment about that type of hit. He mentioned deep bruises and potentially even a torn/strained shoulder muscle. He said you can't throw properly when you are hurt like that.

Kinda fits in with what you have been told.
Bruised rib….torn shoulder muscle???? I’m not doctor, but I don’t see how those two fit.

Reactions: step.eng69
Cliff gonna be out there in a flak jacket ala Dan Pastorini

1200x0.jpg

Bruised rib….torn shoulder muscle???? I’m not doctor, but I don’t see how those two fit.

Listen for yourself. None of us really know yet and may never. McGloin just gave his opinion based off the times he was hit that way.

It's got to be something that impedes his ability, but wasn't serious because he was out there cheering the guys on the entire second half. Some days, you are simply done for. Lose a battle, come back and win the war.

Never heard of surgery for bruised ribs, or for any type of bone contusion for that matter. Perhaps you can enlighten us what you would be surgically repairing.
You know what they meant. Why do people have to be such assholes instead of just having a conversation.

Thanks Step. Im the guy who told you to say hi to Mr Nassib when his boys were playing from some peeps he used to work with (me). lol. Appreciate the info.
Yes Meats I do remember. I wrote you name or your work place on a piece of paper waiting for Gil. He didn't come that game, but i did track him down. You'll have to find my post to you that I gave Gil your "HI"...too long ago, can't remember all of the details.

Ah, Gil, had four wonderful yrs with him at the stadium. When the had seats in row 40 above my H.C. seating, he would sneak down to be near the team and give encouragement to Carl.
I the seat next to me or in our row was not occupied, l would stand up and wave him down.

I do more horsing around during the games than watching the play on the field. Set Gil up for a lap dance from a little, senior lady in the section across the isle from our seats. Told Gil about the lap dance, thought i was kidding until the little lady requested the dollar first, told Gil I'd take care of it..my treat. When i handed the senior lady the dollar, Gil started running along the five foot concrete H.C. walkway toward the student section. Found him under the stadium bleachers, brought him back to the seats, told him i was just having a little fun.
When he returned, i let him get settled in the beckoned fro the senior lady, so Gil started off again, but able to reel him in quickly.

When I first met him, he was occupying a seat next to mine (H.C. seating is often used to place player parents) told me his name, asked him why his son came to PSU as a walk on, l believe. He told me "Is there any other college than Penn State" loved the guy from that moment on.

Yeah well that's because he wasn't that good. He couldn't beat out Clifford and he wanted to start so he went some place where the incumbent wasn't as good as him and they could guarantee him the starting job.

He WAS that good Harry and Clifford was able to develop his talents because he got more time as the starting QB.

It was a very close competition according to CJF.

"I would never go out on a limb and provide speculated material", you say. NOT TRUE! I seem to recall you vouching for FAIRGAMBIT WORLDWISE ENTERPRISES being a top of the line vendor. I believed you. Now my wife and friends laugh at how I dress.
Very different, Fair gave me some coin to advertise his products.
For money, as Meyer Lansky said....take advantage of opportunities

Yes Meats I do remember. I wrote you name or your work place on a piece of paper waiting for Gil. He didn't come that game, but i did track him down. You'll have to find my post to you that I gave Gil your "HI"...too long ago, can't remember all of the details.

Ah, Gil, had four wonderful yrs with him at the stadium. When the had seats in row 40 above my H.C. seating, he would sneak down to be near the team and give encouragement to Carl.
I the seat next to me or in our row was not occupied, l would stand up and wave him down.

I do more horsing around during the games than watching the play on the field. Set Gil up for a lap dance from a little, senior lady in the section across the isle from our seats. Told Gil about the lap dance, thought i was kidding until the little lady requested the dollar first, told Gil I'd take care of it..my treat. When i handed the senior lady the dollar, Gil started running along the five foot concrete H.C. walkway toward the student section. Found him under the stadium bleachers, brought him back to the seats, told him i was just having a little fun.
When he returned, i let him get settled in the beckoned fro the senior lady, so Gil started off again, but able to reel him in quickly.

When I first met him, he was occupying a seat next to mine (H.C. seating is often used to place player parents) told me his name, asked him why his son came to PSU as a walk on, l believe. He told me "Is there any other college than Penn State" loved the guy from that moment on.
OMG Step that is absolutely priceless and Gil to the tee!! If you ever get an opportunity to speak with him again, ask him to tell you the story about the maid at his shore condo. You won’t stop laughing!!

OMG Step that is absolutely priceless and Gil to the tee!! If you ever get an opportunity to speak with him again, ask him to tell you the story about the maid at his shore condo. You won’t stop laughing!!
Will do Meats, but i don't think ill see Gil again, but stranger things have happened with some of the parent's. We were invited to my seat neighbors (Don & Bettys) 50th wedding vows this past April at the Tofftrees in State College. Kar and I are sitting in the lawn ceremony and the gal and son in front of us starts some small talk, and the Pastor standing at the location of the vows, starts sending me these little signals like saying high without being noticed, smiled, etc until the ceremony started. I was geared up and happy for Don and Betty and started sending "highs" back. The lady in front said to Kar and me, I'm Malik Golden's mother, Diane you really look familiar.

I didn't recognize Malik's father at the alter, because I was and still having eye problems. Spent several hours with Elijah, Diane and young Elijah. The reason Diane didn't recognize us immediately was because young was fighting for his life during a couple of seasons, and senior Elijah, my self and Don became very good friends.

I had a senior QB sent to the ER with a rib injury. The xray tech diagnosed the results as fractured ribs and sent the report to our team doctor. Out for the season.
The x-ray tech made the diagnosis and sent the report to the doctor? Where did this happen? X-ray techs are not permitted to interpret x-rays or issue reports every state I have lived in. This is way beyond the scope of practice of an x-ray technologist. It would be illegal because they are not licensed to do this.

You know what they meant. Why do people have to be such assholes instead of just having a conversation.
No I do not know what they meant. That’s why I posed a question, because I had never heard of that being done. I try not to call people names on this board, but you are the one being an asshole here.

The x-ray tech made the diagnosis and sent the report to the doctor? Where did this happen? X-ray techs are not permitted to interpret x-rays or issue reports every state I have lived in. This is way beyond the scope of practice of an x-ray technologist. It would be illegal because they are not licensed to do this.

Interjection here...

1) probably just meant this is what they were told the Friday night of the injury
2) this probably happened in the 70s/80s. Probably just a regular Er doctor read em. Usually if it's not clear, they tell you to go to orthopedic. But being back then, rub some dirt on it may have occurred.

Interjection here...

1) probably just meant this is what they were told the Friday night of the injury
2) this probably happened in the 70s/80s. Probably just a regular Er doctor read em. Usually if it's not clear, they tell you to go to orthopedic. But being back then, rub some dirt on it may have occurred.
I agree with the ER doc interpreting the films. The report was most likely issued by a Radiologist, an MD who specializes in x-rays and other imaging exams. Just trying to enlighten people here how things really are done in the medical world, because there has been a lot of misinformation in this thread.

"I would never go out on a limb and provide speculated material", you say. NOT TRUE! I seem to recall you vouching for FAIRGAMBIT WORLDWISE ENTERPRISES being a top of the line vendor. I believed you.
Now my wife and friends laugh at how I dress.

Jealousy. Pure jealousy. I see you bought the wife our designer line. Good choice!

f52a534c10f7ae870485e48f537e80c6.jpg

No I do not know what they meant. That’s why I posed a question, because I had never heard of that being done. I try not to call people names on this board, but you are the one being an asshole here.
Yeah right. You know they don’t do surgery on what he called back muscles. U were trying to be a funny guy and call him out.

Geebus Big O,
Our oldest grand kid was going to West Virginia for baseball. TJ had an injury, our family was told by the "x-tech" as you put it, "don't rely on the surgeon's remedy to operate. "
Turns out, the tech was right. The surgeon in this was my wife's cousin by marriage.
Long story ...later proved by the Yankee's physicians in New York City, wife's cousin was totally wrong, and performed unnecessary surgery on my grandson's shoulder.

Guarantee at least a handful of Iowa fans will be booing outside the surgical suite.
That would really be sad... but this is the new world of distan, contempt, disrespect and despise. So it is possible while giving their (Iowa) hands up for the children, after this weekends game with their fans, the Iowa fans will be giving Sean a thumbs down on recovery.

I'm so disappointed and disgusted with fans in general...getting to the point the college atmosphere is gone. TV anouncers Buffoons are regulating every aspect of the game from pregame talk, kick off to closing minutes of the game.

"I would never go out on a limb and provide speculated material", you say. NOT TRUE! I seem to recall you vouching for FAIRGAMBIT WORLDWISE ENTERPRISES being a top of the line vendor. I believed you. Now my wife and friends laugh at how I dress.

Would you go out on a broken limb?

My opinion of Saturday:

• Clifford got injured, Iowa stadium didn't have proper equipment to accurately diagnose the issue.
  • CJF (knowing prognosis of possible Clifford return in few weeks) knew if we lose this one we may see Iowa again in conference Championship game and steamroll them, win win.
  • CJF rolled the dice on having MY come up with offensive series to allow Roberson to engineer a scoring drive, ideally TD.
  • Drive ended up as FG, and CJF hoped D would provide some turn over opportunity, or stop Iowa completely, almost succeeded.
  • Back in HV, proper diagnosis of Clifford injury made, CJF will not tip his hand one way or other.
  • If Clifford is done for the year, CJF won't announce it until AFTER tO$U game, keeps them guessing.
  • Clifford posts to Instagram, #BTB, which if means burn the boats, could be, undefeated season in the past make most of rest of season, take out tO$U, make it to B1G Championship, exact revenge on Iowa and get to CFP.
  • Clifford posts to Instagram, #BTB, which if means back to business, could be, take out tO$U, make it to B1G Championship, exact revenge on Iowa and get to CFP.
Im sure only 0.1% of the above is based in any fact, but I can dream.

My opinion of Saturday:

• Clifford got injured, Iowa stadium didn't have proper equipment to accurately diagnose the issue.
  • CJF (knowing prognosis of possible Clifford return in few weeks) knew if we lose this one we may see Iowa again in conference Championship game and steamroll them, win win.
  • CJF rolled the dice on having MY come up with offensive series to allow Roberson to engineer a scoring drive, ideally TD.
  • Drive ended up as FG, and CJF hoped D would provide some turn over opportunity, or stop Iowa completely, almost succeeded.
  • Back in HV, proper diagnosis of Clifford injury made, CJF will not tip his hand one way or other.
  • If Clifford is done for the year, CJF won't announce it until AFTER tO$U game, keeps them guessing.
  • Clifford posts to Instagram, #BTB, which if means burn the boats, could be, undefeated season in the past make most of rest of season, take out tO$U, make it to B1G Championship, exact revenge on Iowa and get to CFP.
  • Clifford posts to Instagram, #BTB, which if means back to business, could be, take out tO$U, make it to B1G Championship, exact revenge on Iowa and get to CFP.
Im sure only 0.1% of the above is based in any fact, but I can dream.
Honestly seems as good of an interpretation as any on this thread. Quite plausible from my perspective. And the D should have been able to hold if the O could’ve gotten any momentum and punted for field position.

Being 100% serious:
THANK YOU for saying “technologist”,
I’m in the field, and grow tired of being called “technician”, in a daily basis.

If you read my post I indicated that it was more than 30 years ago. He sent his findings to the school physician (team) who concurred. But listen, the student and his parents are free to sue the xray technician if they so desire...the athlete in question is probably about 55 years old now.

Will do Meats, but i don't think ill see Gil again, but stranger things have happened with some of the parent's. We were invited to my seat neighbors (Don & Bettys) 50th wedding vows this past April at the Tofftrees in State College. Kar and I are sitting in the lawn ceremony and the gal and son in front of us starts some small talk, and the Pastor standing at the location of the vows, starts sending me these little signals like saying high without being noticed, smiled, etc until the ceremony started. I was geared up and happy for Don and Betty and started sending "highs" back. The lady in front said to Kar and me, I'm Malik Golden's mother, Diane you really look familiar.

I didn't recognize Malik's father at the alter, because I was and still having eye problems. Spent several hours with Elijah, Diane and young Elijah. The reason Diane didn't recognize us immediately was because young was fighting for his life during a couple of seasons, and senior Elijah, my self and Don became very good friends.
Great stuff Step. The relationships forged with seat partners over the years is a beautiful thing - especially when some of those are player parents/families.

He WAS that good Harry and Clifford was able to develop his talents because he got more time as the starting QB.

It was a very close competition according to CJF.
I get the practice reps thing. Agreed. But the bottom line is he wasn’t good enough at the time the decision was made.

I watched the UK LSU game last night. He obviously has a very strong arm. But they have him on a leash. He looks at one receiver and that’s about it. If not open, he runs. And we know very effectively. They don’t have to throw much because at they average over 6yds/carry.

He is as effective as he needs to be in that offense. Stoops is using him wisely.

I like him. But people who are whining about him not being here aren’t acknowledging the facts. He couldn’t beat Clifford out when he had the chance. And he wanted to start and found a place to do it.

QBs in the portal are looking to start. That’s why we couldn’t find one when we tried.

Last edited:
I get the practice reps thing. Agreed. But the bottom line is he wasn’t good enough at the time the decision was made.

I watched the UK LSU game last night. He obviously has a very strong arm. But they have him on a leash. He looks at one receiver and that’s about it. If not open, he runs. And we know very effectively. They don’t have to throw much because at tithey average over 6yds/carry.

He is as effective as he needs to be in that offense. Stoops is using him wisely.

I like him. But people who are whining about him not being here aren’t acknowledging the facts. He couldn’t beat Clifford out when he had the chance. And he wanted to start and found a place to do it.

QBs in the portal are looking to start. That’s why we couldn’t find one when we tried.

Good points sir.

But, I must slightly and respectfully disagree somewhat.

But still, let's hope for the best for our team.

Reactions: PSUHarry33
so seriously, nobody here has inside info? what's the whole point of hanging around this place if we can't gain insider insights? 🤔

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT