ADVERTISEMENT

So, Pitt might be PSU's only OOC opponent to not make a bowl game.

tenor.gif

Reactions: 91Joe95
Akron has the inside track to at least get to the MAC Championship and even lowly GA State has qualified for a bowl. Leave it to Pitt to hurt our SOS rankings.

Thank God for the BoT and more payouts to "victims".

Last edited:
Reactions: 91Joe95
After the ND game Miami might thing they can cruise through this game. Could be closer it should be.
Not only will it be closer, I would not be surprised to see Pitt beat Miami. Everyone is looking at the Miami game against ND as some sort of defining moment regarding the Hurricanes - well, it was for that particular night - a home game in front of the most rabid crowd to ever support the 'canes in Hard Rock stadium. I will give them credit - that was their version of our Michigan white-out.

I expect it will be almost impossible for Miami to duplicate that result and enthusiasm on the road in cold temperatures in front of a stadium less than 50% full. Temperatures in the 30's? Maybe even wet weather? I wouldn't be surprised to see the boys from south beach wilt under those conditions.

Not only will it be closer, I would not be surprised to see Pitt beat Miami. Everyone is looking at the Miami game against ND as some sort of defining moment regarding the Hurricanes - well, it was for that particular night - a home game in front of the most rabid crowd to ever support the 'canes in Hard Rock stadium. I will give them credit - that was their version of our Michigan white-out.

I expect it will be almost impossible for Miami to duplicate that result and enthusiasm on the road in cold temperatures in front of a stadium less than 50% full. Temperatures in the 30's? Maybe even wet weather? I wouldn't be surprised to see the boys from south beach wilt under those conditions.

None of that is relevant when ND is ten times better than Pitt.

Pitt is never going to beat Miami. They likely won't beat VT, either. 4-8 here they come! If they can manage to win one more game it's possible Pitt could be taken for a bowl game if not enough teams win 6 games to fill the bowl schedule. At 4-8 they will not go for any reason, though and they are looking like a 4-8 team.

Man I wish the Miami game at pitt was in prime time. The annual pitt Thursday night primetime game is not to be missed! Last year for sure and really this year as well they should have turned off the announcer and just played Yakety Sax the whole time because it's a clown show.

I really looked forward to that Thursday night game this year and it didn't disappoint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT