ADVERTISEMENT

Where would a 10-2 PSU be ranked at the end of regular season?

Why would we play 2 QBs? We should play 1. If you want to argue it should be Clifford then so be it but Allar is the option I'd go with even though I'm not blaming Clifford for Saturday
I can't wait for Allar to get more playing time so I can start calling for Veillieux to start. QB2! QB2!

Actual factual statistics say LandoCommode-O is wrong as per usual. CJ Stroud's QBR last Saturday was 93.6 and Cliff's was 63.9 (look at QBR like a test score - it's on a 0 - 100 scale). Those stats combined with PSU outgaining duhO$U across every Offensive Statistic make a very big argument that the difference in the game was at QB.
I don’t always agree with Lando and I’m not a Clifford diehard, but damn, you don’t think that our OL and our DL didn’t play a huge part in both of those numbers????

Reactions: CbusLion10
I don’t always agree with Lando and I’m not a Clifford diehard, but damn, you don’t think that our OL and our DL didn’t play a huge part in both of those numbers????

Look, there is no way that DL should get their hands on the ball as often as they do when Cliff throws the ball - do the math on last Saturday's game and D-Lineman got their hands on fully 20% of Cliff's Attempts. That's insane and it wasn't just last week - DL Consistently get their hands on a large portion of Cliff's throws. It stems from a number of bad fundamentals, most importantly a very slow release due to a very long delivery/throwing-motion as well as taking quite a long time with his footwork and a bad habit of staring-down his target well before throwing as he is getting set to throw (see point 1). Yes, Cliff is primarily responsible for all 4 of the TOs in the duhO$U game (and when I say primarily, I mean like 90%+ responsible). On the unbatted INT some have blamed the receiver for not getting better position - I guess this is partially true, but if you watch the replay, Cliff drew the defender to the receiver by staring-down the receiver for an inordinate amount of time before he released the ball - the duhO$U defender was breaking on the ball well before Cliff threw it and that is not the receiver's fault.

Look, I like Cliff - seems like a great Young Man and he's pretty good when he gets on a roll, but I still have to be honest about the topic - if you switched the QBs last week, you probably also flip the result of the game. The primary difference in the game was at QB - specifically Stroud had roughly the same amount of passing yardage, but had zero turnovers - Cliff had +350 yard passing day, but was directly accountable for 4 TOs - 3 INTs and a fumble. Your QB isn't going to win many games (and zero big games) when their directly accountable for 4 turnovers.

Path to 10-2 and Rose Bowl for us.

OSU and UM go undefeated until THE GAME and then play a close one. Winner destroys Big Ten West foe.

The top teams that have 1-loss or less and are playing in conference championship games all lose the conference championship games. The result is basically a 2008 type season where there are far too many great teams and too few elite teams...

The committee looks around at resumes and sees OSU and UM virtually neck and neck. And they just saw Clemson and/or Georgia and/or TCU and/or USC lose their championship games...and they say, "Eh...we think UM and OSU would be good for ratings..."

Reactions: Obliviax
10-2 Penn State would be around 10-12. Good for a New Year's Six bowl.

I think Franklin will let Allar play at least 1/3 of all remaining games. Possibly more if the win looks assured.

Look, there is no way that DL should get their hands on the ball as often as they do when Cliff throws the ball - do the math on last Saturday's game and D-Lineman got their hands on fully 20% of Cliff's Attempts. That's insane and it wasn't just last week - DL Consistently get their hands on a large portion of Cliff's throws. It stems from a number of bad fundamentals, most importantly a very slow release due to a very long delivery/throwing-motion as well as taking quite a long time with his footwork and a bad habit of staring-down his target well before throwing as he is getting set to throw (see point 1). Yes, Cliff is primarily responsible for all 4 of the TOs in the duhO$U game (and when I say primarily, I mean like 90%+ responsible). On the unbatted INT some have blamed the receiver for not getting better position - I guess this is partially true, but if you watch the replay, Cliff drew the defender to the receiver by staring-down the receiver for an inordinate amount of time before he released the ball - the duhO$U defender was breaking on the ball well before Cliff threw it and that is not the receiver's fault.

Look, I like Cliff - seems like a great Young Man and he's pretty good when he gets on a roll, but I still have to be honest about the topic - if you switched the QBs last week, you probably also flip the result of the game. The primary difference in the game was at QB - specifically Stroud had roughly the same amount of passing yardage, but had zero turnovers - Cliff had +350 yard passing day, but was directly accountable for 4 TOs - 3 INTs and a fumble. Your QB isn't going to win many games (and zero big games) when their directly accountable for 4 turnovers.
They got pressure, we didn’t.

10-2, sadly, is a god year for us based on the last three. We lose to the mega teams and don’t get upset by the little brothers. We need a big bowl to bolster our brand. We haven’t been to a big bowl since this recruiting class was 13 years old.

I’d love the rose to be honest.

Reactions: CbusLion10
End of year if PSU finishes 11-2

1 OSU
2 UGA
3 Clemmy if they win ACC undefeated
4 tcU if they win big 12 undefeated
5. Scum if they win the bowl game
6 Tenny if they win the bowl game
7 PSU

if you switched the QBs last week, you probably also flip the result of the game.
There is zero factual basis for this opinion, you have no clue how Allar would do against a team stacked with talent like OSU. The coaches have seen what he can do in practice at least. Young QBs typically have growing pains and make the errors you are talking about... staring down targets, bad fundamentals, how they respond to pressure, etc. Wanting Allar to play is one thing, saying that we "probably" beat OSU if he played instead of Clifford is ridiculous.

There is zero factual basis for this opinion, you have no clue how Allar would do against a team stacked with talent like OSU. The coaches have seen what he can do in practice at least. Young QBs typically have growing pains and make the errors you are talking about... staring down targets, bad fundamentals, how they respond to pressure, etc. Wanting Allar to play is one thing, saying that we "probably" beat OSU if he played instead of Clifford is ridiculous.

Too funny, resorting to taking what I said totally out of context. What I said was that if you switched the teams Stroud and Clifford played for last Saturday, you would also flip the result.

1 OSU
2 UGA
3 Clemmy if they win ACC undefeated
4 tcU if they win big 12 undefeated
5. Scum if they win the bowl game
6 Tenny if they win the bowl game
7 PSU
I hope we beat Indiana on Saturday.

1 OSU
2 UGA