ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Redshirt Rules

PSUcup1

Nov 6, 2012
was there any amendments to the wrestling redshirt rules like there was for football?

TIA!!

You are very welcome...here's the football-only rule, fyi;

12.8.3.1.6 Exception—Football. [FBS/FCS] In football, a student-athlete may compete in up to four contests in a season without using a season of competition. (Adopted: 6/13/18 effective 8/1/18 for competition that occurs on or after 8/1/18)

The chatter was they would do football this year, evaluate and POSSIBLY allow other sports in future years. At least I think that is how I remember it.

The chatter was they would do football this year, evaluate and POSSIBLY allow other sports in future years. At least I think that is how I remember it.
The NCAA release mentions "potential application to other sports", but most of the chatter came from fans...of all sports.

Wrestling has rules that allow RS's to wrestle in tournaments already, something team sports (yes, I know wrestling has a team component) do not have, and there's other language that kicks in for early season injury. A bit of apples-to-oranges situations. I believe it's on the agenda to continue discussing, we'll have to wait and see where the experts :confused: take this.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT