ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP. ESPN now says OSU "outplayed" PSU.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
How does a team "outplay" another team and lose the game? Perhaps possible I guess if corrupt officials are involved.

If I had to choose a lie I think I'd take the "overtime" win.

Mack Brown announcing Temple game just said OSU lost in OT at PSU.

Actually ESPN said it much earlier in the week and we dissected and tore apart their opinion.

Let them say whatever they want, it is not going to change the outcome of that game. Even if they win out and win the national championship, they will always look back at their record and know who stopped them from going undefeated. We know ESPN is not going to praise our guys so lets get over and say Eff em....

How does a team "outplay" another team and lose the game? Perhaps possible I guess if corrupt officials are involved.

Too funny, how precisely does a team "outplay" another team that beats them and not only beats them but outscored them 17-0 for the final 23 minutes of the game (IOW, daO$U was not only shutout, but outscored, for the final 40% of the game and lost????). Huh??? It is absolutely absurd to say that a team which is outscored 17-0 for the final 40% of the game, and loses, "outplayed" the other team - that is just a beyond inane claim!!!

Reactions: TheGLOV
Buckeyes down 3 points, but they have the ball with their veteran QB, 4:21 on the clock, and timeouts remaining.

Results?
3:19 of possession; 10 plays, 12 yards, lost ball on downs.

SCOREBOARD

Worse than that even - daO$U was shutout for the final 23 minutes of play and outscored 17-0 over the final 23 minutes (i.e., the final 40% of the game)!!!

Reactions: N&B4PSU
The Buckeyes were Moses Maloned in the 4th quarter and lost it Fo-Fo-Fo:

1. 4th down punt blocked that led to a PSU FG
  2. 4th down FG blocked and returned for a TD
  3. 4th down and last chance ended with yet another sack

Reactions: TheGLOV and N&B4PSU

One team can generally outplay another team, but still lose -- even without corrupt officials -- But this wasn't one of those cases.

The only people that think that are looking at the stats, and apparently didn't actually watch the game.

Reactions: psu1969a

How about eSPiN's claim that PSU won the game in OT, when the REALITY is that PSU not only won the game in regulation, but outscored daO$U 17-0 in the final 23 minutes of the game!!! (i.e., the final 40% of the game)

One team can generally outplay another team, but still lose -- even without corrupt officials -- But this wasn't one of those cases.

The only people that think that are looking at the stats, and apparently didn't actually watch the game.

Well, that's where eSPiN's other complete FABRICATION comes into play - they claimed that PSU was fortunate to win the game in OT, because they were "outplayed" in regulation, when the reality is that PSU not only won the game in regulation, but OUTSCORED, and SHUTOUT, daO$U over the final 23 minutes of the game (i.e., ~final 40% of the game) by a score of 17-0!!! Not possible for a team to get beat 17-0 in the final 40% of the game, lose the game and have "outplayed" the other team - it is an inanely stupid and nonsensical claim to make as coaches make play calls relative to the scoreboard, not in an attempt to have better looking offensive statistics at the end of the game!?!?

Why be so thin skinned? A lot of people saw the game and they know what happened. The Ohio State fans know what happened. PSU was undoubtedly fortunate with the FG block, but it only happened because the PSU defensive line was too much for them in the final quarter. The Ohio State O-line was out of gas. I have no doubt that was partly because they played a super physical game the week before. But still, the PSU defense dominated them at the end. That is a big deal for PSU.

Who cares what ESPN says about a game two weeks ago. That is ancient history. All that matters now is Iowa.

Or as Franklin put it so well, Iowa, Iowa, Iowa, Iowa, Iowa, Iowa, Iowa, Iowa, Iowa, Iowa and....Iowa.

Reactions: bytir and Monty2007
Well, that's where eSPiN's other complete FABRICATION comes into play - they claimed that PSU was fortunate to win the game in OT, because they were "outplayed" in regulation, when the reality is that PSU not only won the game in regulation, but OUTSCORED, and SHUTOUT, daO$U over the final 23 minutes of the game (i.e., ~final 40% of the game) by a score of 17-0!!! Not possible for a team to get beat 17-0 in the final 40% of the game, lose the game and have "outplayed" the other team - it is an inanely stupid and nonsensical claim to make as coaches make play calls relative to the scoreboard, not in an attempt to have better looking offensive statistics at the end of the game!?!?
They obviously didn't do their homework. If they did they would have realized that PSU outscored daO$U 17-0 in the final 23 minutes of the game!!! (i.e., the final 40% of the game)

Not only did PSU outscore OSU 17-0 in the final 23 minutes of the game (I.e, the final 40% of the game) the PSU defense didn't allow the OSU offense to score on their last posetion therefore there was no overtime because PSU outscored OSU 17-0 in the final 23 minutes of the game.

Have you re watched the 86 Fiesta bowl? Miami beat us in every statistic except 2, interceptions and scoring. They out gained us 2-1 in total yardage (If I remember correctly we only had 162 yards of total offense) but one of the best ever Penn State defenses kept Miami out of the end zone.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Have you re watched the 86 Fiesta bowl? Miami beat us in every statistic except 2, interceptions and scoring. They out gained us 2-1 in total yardage (If I remember correctly we only had 162 yards of total offense) but one of the best ever Penn State defenses kept Miami out of the end zone.

We had 5 INTs in that game - it's rather absurd to say that Total Offense statistics are more important than a defensive stat such as 5 INTs or the "scoreboard". INTs are every bit the extremely important "statistic" that "Total Offense" is AND just as "impactful" on the most important statistic, "the scoreboard" as any other "statistic".

445 yds to 162 / 22 first downs to 8

They obviously didn't do their homework. If they did they would have realized that PSU outscored daO$U 17-0 in the final 23 minutes of the game!!! (i.e., the final 40% of the game)

Not only did PSU outscore OSU 17-0 in the final 23 minutes of the game (I.e, the final 40% of the game) the PSU defense didn't allow the OSU offense to score on their last posetion therefore there was no overtime because PSU outscored OSU 17-0 in the final 23 minutes of the game.

Yea, they might have also figured out that PSU won the game in regulation after outscoring daO$U 17-0 over the last 23 minutes of the game, not OT, as well, LMFAO - at you, not with you moron!

Buckeyes down 3 points, but they have the ball with their veteran QB, 4:21 on the clock, and timeouts remaining.

Results?
3:19 of possession; 10 plays, 12 yards, lost ball on downs.

SCOREBOARD
a.k.a. "fluke", according to Rece Davis

Reactions: GALion
Maybe the first time in the history of football that a 17-0 whipping over the final 23 minutes of the game, was called "flukey". LMAO.

Also, amazed how a bobbled snap for a short FG, a muffed punt reception for a fumble to daO$U for a free 3 points and a snap over the punter's head backwards for -30 yards, a free 2 pts & a short field on the "Free Kick" from the 20.....aren't "flukey" in daO$U's favor (i.e., 8 points of scoring differential outright and at least 75 yards of lost field position via outright negative yardage and loss of possession, which is a differential of 2 possessions as daO$U is the recipient of not only a free possession, but deep in PSU's territory as well).

I heard Mack Brown say OSU lost in overtime to us also - if those morons at ESPN get anything right it will be a first - the stream of stupidity they exude is mind numbing. I just try to turn off the sound and only watch games because that is all they are really good for.

There are losing teams that "outplay" winning teams every week at every level of football throughout the USA.

BIG DEAL!

According to you and ESPN, "outplaying" does not include big plays like blocked kicks and interceptions, because those plays don't count towards total yardage. Got it. Why not toss out that long run by OSU for a TD? That was due to a coverage breakdown, much like the human errors that yield interceptions and blocked kicks.

I watched the '86 game live. Jimmy Johnson showed his arrogance on National TV to a record audience by calling pass plays that were stupid instead of running the ball. He did not want to beat PSU. He wanted to crush PSU and show the dominance of his team. It backfired. His team had more offensive yardage but it did not outplay, otherwise they would have finished with more points. Johnson lives with that deep regret to this day. He would now take the points instead of the yardage. It was one of the biggest upsets in sports history. It was The Night College Football Went to Hell.

When ESPN starts treating PSU fairly I won't be so thin-skinned in referencing their commentary. Fowler started it immediately after the OSU win and others have chimed in to downplay the win.

Enough already. Erickson should be tied to JVP's statue and made to watch the '86 game repeatedly until he comes clean with the truth. That would be justice. Slow motion to all camera shots of Sandusky. His defensive schemes sent the game to hell. This doesn't fit the profile of a soft, goofy, charitable guy. Millions of viewers "should have known."

Please also do not discount the punting in the Fiesta Bowl by John Bruno, RIP.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Also, amazed how a bobbled snap for a short FG, a muffed punt reception for a fumble to daO$U for a free 3 points and a snap over the punter's head backwards for -30 yards, a free 2 pts & a short field on the "Free Kick" from the 20.....aren't "flukey" in daO$U's favor (i.e., 8 points of scoring differential outright and at least 75 yards of lost field position via outright negative yardage and loss of possession, which is a differential of 2 possessions as daO$U is the recipient of not only a free possession, but deep in PSU's territory as well).
OR that Ohio St's fumbles went right back to them in the first half. OR that their QB while getting sacked could have the football be the only thing supporting his weight and preventing him from hitting the ground, yet the football did not come loose nor did he go down and he ended up making a desperation 1st down on a long run.

Let's face it, there were more random bounces that went Ohio St's way in that game than PSU's.

ESPN. Lololol. They can change their outlook on the game all they want. But, those douchebags can't change one thing... there final fvcking score!!

#Fespn
#WeAre

Reactions: Phil's Rug
Actually, it is possible to "outplay" an opponent and still lose, and since we tend to only look at offensive stats when analyzing a game, one could see why the "braintrust" a the 4-letter might think that tosu dominated. Of course we should expect more from people who are paid a lot of $$ to analyze games...that maybe, just maybe, they might recognize more than just 1/3 of a game.

Let them say whatever they want, it is not going to change the outcome of that game. Even if they win out and win the national championship, they will always look back at their record and know who stopped them from going undefeated. We know ESPN is not going to praise our guys so lets get over and say Eff em....

They are not winning out. Michigan will roll them.

ESPN lost over 600,000 subscribers which was recently verified again by Nielsen....

They have their own issues.

Game over. Win the rest of our games on the schedule. Take care of our own house.

Fck ESPN.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT