ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Did generations of greatness celebration omit Paterno??

That's B.S. There are few if any laws that say if someone sees a child locked in a hot car they
must report it or be even more proactive by breaking the window and rescuing the child.
But if one walks away and does nothing while the child suffers or dies, they have failed as a human.

OK, that would be relevant to MM. Care to try with an analogy that isn't flawed? Maybe someone think they see a kid in a hot car via a 2-3 second glance in their review mirror and reports it to.

That's funny coming from someone who is close to 100% with ignorant
opinions within thousands of posts.

You're projecting again. See your recent flawed analogy about a kid in a hot car.

How about if they didn't see a child in a locked car, but was told by someone else that they saw something about a child , a hot car and a lock yesterday, discussed it with two doctors, the car is no longer there, but parked at home and there is no child in it. By your logic the person told should call the police, even though they don't know any specifics, except the person who told them was upset. On second thought, you would expect them to smash a window now.

Thanks, beat me to it! Of course he will ignore this and just continue to post inane babble for pages. These trolls always ignore the tough questions that crush their arguments. If they had a leg to stand on, they would man up and address your challenge... but they know they can't.

They were vetted by PSU. Go ask them for their proof if you don’t trust the victims.

And Spanier was vetted by Snedden. How comes sometimes you can only trust the outcome of court cases, but sometimes you can trust other sources... but only when it fits your agenda?

Large corporations routinely give settlements because they estimate it would be cheaper than fighting. I've fired people who claimed it was for BS reasons, anything other than their own poor performance, and the company always sends them a few thousand if they promise to go away. (I'm sure GMJ11 is really familiar with being fired for poor performance, and likely trying to blame anyone but himself.) In this case, they obviously also paid people to avoid more bad publicity. A payout doesn't mean they are vetted as victims.

That's B.S. There are few if any laws that say if someone sees a child locked in a hot car they
must report it or be even more proactive by breaking the window and rescuing the child.
But if one walks away and does nothing while the child suffers or dies, they have failed as a human.
So you're saying that Joe say a boy being molested and he walked away without doing anything? That's why he failed as a human?

Reactions: pandaczar12
He washed his hands of the problem and ignored the results. Then when it all came crashing down he called it one of the great sorrows of his life. If he cared more, it didn’t have to end like it did.
In addition, he should have known that after his GJ testimony there was going to be a crap storm of epic proportion. His hindsight was 20/20 at that point in time. He had an opportunity then to step down which would have reduced the damage to his and the university's reputation.

Instead the quest for 409 took priority over this great sorrow once again.

So you're saying that Joe say a boy being molested and he walked away without doing anything? That's why he failed as a human?

Don't expect a substantive response on this one, his analogy is crap and he knows it. Prepare for deflection and name calling.

Reactions: francofan
Yeah except that’s not what you said a few weeks ago with respect to “villainy”. Here I will help you out...

“As for Joe, well, as I said earlier, the story as it pertains to him contains as many elements of tragedy as of villainy.”

Big difference and that’s why you got beat up here.

My point was to put the emphasis on tragedy – NOT villainy. I think that was clear from the entirety of my comments, yesterday and earlier. In fact, a person would have to be either dumb or dishonest to conclude from what I wrote that I either “hate” Joe or think he was a “villain.”

I said he was a good man and great coach who, when confronted by a uniquely ugly and terrible situation, failed to respond adequately. I said his failure was one of judgment and character. That’s what I believe. That’s what I think the facts and evidence show.

As for the media mob, well, I despise them for a whole lot of reasons – Joe’s case being the least. But that’s not the issue here. Like I said, people want this to be all white or all black. Well, it’s not and it never will be. Sorry if some can’t deal with that.

I close on this note: Northwestern. Northwestern. Northwestern… ;-)

Reactions: getmyjive11
They can't understand such a simple concept. That is why they fill page after page with inane babble
about sight angles, mirrors, sounds, manuals, etc.
Morals are BS? That is a great way to live your life. You must have many friends.
It's also immoral to falsely accuse somebody. You don't seem to have a problem with that.

OK, that would be relevant to MM. Care to try with an analogy that isn't flawed? Maybe someone think they see a kid in a hot car via a 2-3 second glance in their review mirror and reports it to.

You're projecting again. See your recent flawed analogy about a kid in a hot car.

You stated that it is impossible to fail if one follows the law. I gave one example to refute that premise.
Instead of admitting you were wrong, you changed the parameters of my example.

My point was to put the emphasis on tragedy – NOT villainy. I think that was clear from the entirety of my comments, yesterday and earlier. In fact, a person would have to be either dumb or dishonest to conclude from what I wrote that I either “hate” Joe or think he was a “villain.”

I said he was a good man and great coach who, when confronted by a uniquely ugly and terrible situation, failed to respond adequately. I said his failure was one of judgment and character. That’s what I believe. That’s what I think the facts and evidence show.

As for the media mob, well, I despise them for a whole lot of reasons – Joe’s case being the least. But that’s not the issue here. Like I said, people want this to be all white or all black. Well, it’s not and it never will be. Sorry if some can’t deal with that.

Well that's about as clear as peanut butter.

That's exactly how your example reads.

You choose to ignore the facts of the case and make false accusations. I'd say you're the immoral one.

That's exactly how it reads to someone with a serious reading problem. If you have
any of your grandchildren nearby, have them explain to you the point I was making.

“As many elements of tragedy as of villainy” does not put more emphasis on on tragedy, it puts equal amounts on both. You changed your mind and that’s perfectly fine. Just own it.

You keep throwing out a failure of character without equivocating, but can’t support that point. That’s a big statement about someone who exemplified character for many decades. A statement like that is much different than saying a mistake was made, and it warrants support. It’s not black and white, but you state that as if it is. Typical.

As to your Northwestern point, many of us here are fully capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time.

That's exactly how it reads to someone with a serious reading problem. If you have
any of your grandchildren nearby, have them explain to you the point I was making.

Your only point is that you believe MM reported anal rape to Joe and he didn't do anything about it. You use selected pieces of evidence without considering all of the evidence. Then you take those selected pieces and twist them to support your predetermined personal opinions.

By the way, this “moving on” for 5 days and 13 pages that the troll patrol says they so desperately want is really super fun...:eek:

Reactions: pandaczar12
No it's not. You call Snedden objective because he agrees with you. Your insane rhetoric
is nothing but an effort to convince others that your buddy Jerry is innocent. He is not and
you are crazy.

You are welcome to your own opinions. Just because you say so doesn't make them any more sane than my opinions. I believe that Snedden was very professional in his investigation and is the most objective of any authority figures who have done an in-depth investigation of this story. If you can, please support your opinion of why you do not believe that Snedden was or is objective. Do you think that Snedden intentionally compromised national security in recommending Spanier's TS/SCI clearances be renewed?

Who do you find as the most objective authority figures in the story? I suspect that you may find Tom Corbett/OAG, John Surma/PSU BOT, Louis Freeh, Mark Emmert/NCAA, Judge Feudale, Judge Cleland, Judge Boccabella and/or the news media as extremely objective, not biased, and paragons of virtue. I believe each and everyone of them have a clear bias which resulted in several false narratives being created and collectively are the main actors responsible for the genesis and continuation of this fiasco.

You stated that it is impossible to fail if one follows the law. I gave one example to refute that premise.
Instead of admitting you were wrong, you changed the parameters of my example.

You are WRONG, I said:
If JVP followed policy/guidelines/law, and JVP did nothing criminal, by definition he could not fail. #LOGIC

Instead of admitting you were wrong, you changed the parameters of my example. Now should I accuse you of being unable to read? Or just maybe state the fact that you are a very poor reader? Do I need to explain what the rest of us adults are discussing, or do you want to go back and try to figure it out for yourself? Here's a hint, take a good look at the post I was replying to:
Just to be clear, I don’t believe that Paterno’s failure was criminal
Someday you will learn that those of us who aren't trolls, provide meaningful replies to the content of someone else's post. I realize that is a foreign concept to you.

Reactions: Mixolydian
Your only point is that you believe MM reported anal rape to Joe and he didn't do anything about it. You use selected pieces of evidence without considering all of the evidence. Then you take those selected pieces and twist them to support your predetermined personal opinions.

You are projecting. If you were a competent reader and had a modicum of common sense,
you would be able to understand my views.

You ducked my question. Shaming victims and respecting Joe Paterno are not the same thing. You seem to get that mixed up.
I didn't duck it as I said earlier that MOST here aren't doing that...wasn't a direct reply to you. Yet if some here mention anything remotely critical of Joe, it's a GD crisis for some on this site. But hey those same people who hold Joe on a pedestal for living a good life (which I do) are also the some of the same people saying the victims don't exist or they are just nothing but lying POS's. I doubt Joe would be doing that as to this day his family isn't...kind of odd to me, but to each their own there. Again...not pointing you out, but providing a reply to your post. Thanks, have a great weekend....been to busy for this crap and I still am. Moved last week and I'm still playing catch up at home and work....you guys got this though.

Reactions: Mixolydian
Who is falsely accusing anyone?

You are dopey. You have repeatedly accused JVP of not giving a shit about child sexual abuse in this very thread. That is a false accusation and one of the most damning statements you can make about someone. To make it without being able to back it up with anything other than selective, mindless drivel says everything about you.

In addition, he should have known that after his GJ testimony there was going to be a crap storm of epic proportion. His hindsight was 20/20 at that point in time. He had an opportunity then to step down which would have reduced the damage to his and the university's reputation.

Instead the quest for 409 took priority over this great sorrow once again.
Step Down!!!

Paterno didn't do anything F***ing wrong.

You are dopey. You have repeatedly accused JVP of not giving a shit about child sexual abuse in this very thread. That is a false accusation and one of the most damning statements you can make about someone. To make it without being able to back it up with anything other than selective, mindless drivel says everything about you.
His actions point to it not being a false accusation. If he cared, he would have asked for updates. He didn’t.

Reactions: cheesecurdpizza
You are projecting. If you were a competent reader and had a modicum of common sense,
you would be able to understand my views.

It's so cute that you are trying to project your projecting behaviors on others.

It is humorous that you believe the drivel you spew to be meaningful.

It is humorous that you did EXACTLY what I predicted in post 488 and 493, thank you for again proving me correct!

You completely avoided supporting your own flawed post. You are fooling nobody. Why not just man up and admit you misread my post? It was GMJ11 who stated that JVP did nothing criminal. Using his statement, and adding that to the fact that everyone believes he followed state law, school policy, and NCAA guidelines... leads me to the logical conclusion that you didn't understand. This was all in an effort to point out that if you think Paterno didn't do the right thing, that is only possible if the polies, guidelines and laws are deficient.... something that is not true, and something you and your ilk aren't trying to change. So you either have to admit you are wrong, or that you are sitting by doing nothing to fix the flawed policies, guidelines, and laws. It's sad I had to explain that to you.

Joe pa,covered for a known pediophyle for almost 20 yrs, his silence has shamed his school and the $$$$$$$ paid out to all the kids,,your nickname now is Pedo st...pay back is a bitch

You took joy at an ex-employee abusing kids, and try to blame the people who did the right thing. Pay back is a bitch. 33-14

“As many elements of tragedy as of villainy” does not put more emphasis on on tragedy, it puts equal amounts on both. You changed your mind and that’s perfectly fine. Just own it.

You keep throwing out a failure of character without equivocating, but can’t support that point. That’s a big statement about someone who exemplified character for many decades. A statement like that is much different than saying a mistake was made, and it warrants support. It’s not black and white, but you state that as if it is. Typical.

As to your Northwestern point, many of us here are fully capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time.

I haven't changed my mind on any of this since the beginning. Well, almost the beginning.

But OK, regarding “character flaw,” who among us does not have them? Who is not guilty of failures of judgment and character over the course of their lives? Most times, thank God, they don’t rise up to destroy a person's life, but it can happen. Even to a good man. It did with Joe. Thus the tragedy.

There is within all of us a powerful psychological impulse called "denial" that can be triggered when we encounter things that are uniquely awful and painful. Especially when to confront those things openly might well bring some serious difficulties into our own lives.

Sexual abuse can be one of those awful things. It’s damn near the top of the list. And therefore, this psychology of denial sometimes plays out within whole families, organizations, institutions, churches and so forth.

You become aware of something, you’re told a story, you see something questionable, whatever. But the facts and circumstances may be ambiguous or inconclusive. There could be different ways of interpreting them. So you rationalize. You give the benefit of the doubt. You find an excuse, and it may even be a valid excuse, NOT to act.

Then a month later, or a year, or two years, something else happens. Another story maybe. Another suspicion. Another concern. As in the first case, it may not be conclusive. But now, having not acted the first time, there is a certain internal motivation not to act again. Because to act might leave you open to the charge, even if unfair, that you were previously negligent.

At some point, you prefer not to know, not to see, to avoid being in situations where you might see. Because let’s face it, by now, having already not acted one or more times, you may at some level decide it would be better if you did not know.

None of this is the product of an evil mind. It’s a function of human nature. Denial is one of the most common coping mechanisms in psychology. It’s why people sometimes can not or will not see what is in front of their eyes – whether it be sexual abuse or the failure of a man they’ve rightly revered for much of their lives.

His actions point to it not being a false accusation. If he cared, he would have asked for updates. He didn’t.

You again prove you've never held a leadership position. You don't just ask about HR matters like that because "you care".

Non-responsive to a single question, as I suspected. Are you GMJ’s boyfriend/girlfriend? Offspring? Or are you GMJ himself?

I think GMJ, Osprey, Covey, etc are all the same person. There CAN'T be more than 1 person that dumb.

It's so cute that you are trying to project your projecting behaviors on others.

It is humorous that you did EXACTLY what I predicted in post 488 and 493, thank you for again proving me correct!

You completely avoided supporting your own flawed post. You are fooling nobody. Why not just man up and admit you misread my post? It was GMJ11 who stated that JVP did nothing criminal. Using his statement, and adding that to the fact that everyone believes he followed state law, school policy, and NCAA guidelines... leads me to the logical conclusion that you didn't understand. This was all in an effort to point out that if you think Paterno didn't do the right thing, that is only possible if the polies, guidelines and laws are deficient.... something that is not true, and something you and your ilk aren't trying to change. So you either have to admit you are wrong, or that you are sitting by doing nothing to fix the flawed policies, guidelines, and laws. It's sad I had to explain that to you.

Misreading your post? You are an illiterate dolt who seems to relish embarrassing yourself.
I also think it is funny that you constantly repeat things I have said adding only your spin.
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I always recall that during Eddie Robinson's final years, I never heard anyone say "Eddie has the right to coach as long as he wants". Always seemed strange.

Reactions: Osprey Lion
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT