ADVERTISEMENT

Shane Grifith?

Willie per his show said Griffith wants to go 174
If that's what he really wants, Michigan 174 is open (presuming Massa doesn't return).

And that might make Michigan yet again everybody's darling in the preseason ... as opposed to when it counts.

OTOH, if he wants to repeat as champion ...

Willie was on the Joe Lee train on his show. He said don't rush Facundo in, just "fix Joe Lee" and PSU's 165 problems are solved. He referenced how badly Joe beat Hartman in November.
Does “fix Joe Lee” mean something different than “Fix Joe Lee?”

If PSU is really on the list, then there must be at least some willingness to try to stay at 165 because there is obviously no open spot at 174 for him. At this point, PSU seems to contradict his intention to move up to 174, but we'll see I guess.
I have not read or heard anything about Griffith moving up to 174, not to say it is not true, I simply haven't seen it. H.Hidley announced that he will return next year and move from 157 to 174

If PSU is really on the list, then there must be at least some willingness to try to stay at 165 because there is obviously no open spot at 174 for him. At this point, PSU seems to contradict his intention to move up to 174, but we'll see I guess.
A few years ago, DeSanto supposedly wanted to go up to 141. Rutgers could accommodate that.

Didn't work out that way.

Willie was speculating that Rivera will go back down to 133 next year.

I’ve said multiple times that Rivera is a great wrestler, but he’s giving up a lot of length to the Nick Lee, Eierman and Wilson types.

Griffith at 174? Transfer U.....errr........Iowa..... may have an opening there. . :)

I'm surprised to hear/read that so many guys have committed to their plans for next year already. It's been less than a week since the close of NCAA's. The no-brainers aside, this can't be an easy decision.
Yeah I agree here. Not sure why so many have just made a decision in 2 days or so.

Reactions: diggerpup
My guess is that these weren't snap decisions...they were likely made long ago, and simply announced now given the end of the season.

Brantt on 247 (who is pretty plugged in) said we might have seen the last of Joe Lee and he looks for some transfers this offseason.

Reactions: burns444
I can tell you from another source there might be big changes in the PSU line up at 157, 165, and even 197 if some of the things work out that have been discussed. There are a few alpha moves in the works that may not come to fruition, but if they do, look out. There could be more than a few shockwaves in college wrestling in the next several weeks

I can tell you from another source there might be big changes in the PSU line up at 157, 165, and even 197 if some of the things work out that have been discussed. There are a few alpha moves in the works that may not come to fruition, but if they do, look out. There could be more than a few shockwaves in college wrestling in the next several weeks

Well, that adds up to the number Brantt mentioned on 247 (3 transfers)

His post on 247:

"Listen, if Joe Lee gets back in the lineup and has success, he will certainly have earned it. Don't think his stock could possibly be lower right now.

I look for 3 transfers to come in this offseason. Could be some huge names."

Well, that adds up to the number Brantt mentioned on 247 (3 transfers)

His post on 247:

"Listen, if Joe Lee gets back in the lineup and has success, he will certainly have earned it. Don't think his stock could possibly be lower right now.

I look for 3 transfers to come in this offseason. Could be some huge names."

If that happens, here's a real life image of @DonHawkeye

giphy.gif

Darmstadt would be fun in the PSU room (combining this with a mention of 197 in another thread). Obviously Carr and Griffith would be 157 & 165 names.

Reactions: bmw199
A 197 replacement fails the sniff test in general tbh. I don't think Cael watched Michael last weekend and thought wow I need a new 197.

Once again - I'm just passing on what I see (from people who have a good reputation)
Understood -- and stuff like this is how that guy might ruin whatever reputation he has.

I assume the 97 reference would be the result of Brooks moving up to make room in the lineup and not an actual 97 transfer.

Or this is all as much bullshit as my drunken lineup in the finals thread.

Reactions: Lyons212
If Cael can improve the lineup, he will bring in whatever wrestler is necessary to do that. It comes down to how to fit the team into the 9.9. Cael had Seth at 285, blue chip recruit, probably would have been a round of 12 guy or low AA this year. Kerkvleit became available and he is now a AA at PSU knocking Seth out of the lineup.

Cael is extremely competitive.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT