ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Session 2 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

133 lbs. Second Round
1 RBY vs 16 J Koderhandt (Navy)

RBY with a single and quick finish early. 2-0. Riding. Tight waist and arm bar. Taped hand/thumb fit RBY. Gets a quick 2 count and itsc4-0. Stalling on RBY for hanging and not trying to return JK to mat. Riding again. JK to feet and RBY gets the mat return. Continuing to ride… gets a one count on a turn. Still 4-0. Period ends 4-0 with 2:34 RT.

JK starts second on bottom. RBY again riding. Won’t cut him. Tries a near side cradle.. JK stands.. RBY lift and returns. Over 4 mins RT. Catches JK out of position in a sit out, throws him to his back and gets the fall! It’s a fall and 2 more big bonus points!

My heart would thank our guys if they got up 10 points first and then go for a pin instead of going for the pin all match up 4 points and then trying to grab a flurry of points in the 3rd to assure bonus

141 lbs. Second Round
1 Nick Lee vs 16 Q Kinner (RID)

The camera went to the mat late and in the middle of a Nick Lee TD. The board will be happy to know he immediately cut him. 2-1 Nick. Nick shoots… scrambles and finishes. 4-1 now. Now working on top. 1:30 to go in first. Kinner with a sweet roll but Jick somehow stays with him. OOB with 0:56 to go. 1:02 RT. Nick riding. QK keeps sitting out. NL ties his arms. Lots of movement from QK. 4-1 after one. 1:58 RT.

Lee takes bottom. Surprised. Nick working on getting a reversal and gets it 1:33 to go. Escape then by QK. 6-2 now. 1:43 RT. 1 min to go now. Collar ties and hand fighting. Nick with a sweet single and quick finish. 8-2 now. Riding and in familiar position of QK sit out. 8-2 after two. 2:03 RT.

They start neutral. Maybe QK took top and then Nick took neutral. Not sure. Typing too much instead of watching. QK I’m in a single… Nick has the upper hand… now Nick has a leg… stalemate. 28 to go. Nick needs a TD for bonus. QK shoots. Nick stuffs it. It ends 9-2 with the riding point.

Last edited:
Reactions: LOTOlion
And that is why I hate that rule in folkstyle. That was a freestyle ending right there, rewarding a pushout. Red wasn't backtracking, he just got pushed into the table.

Reactions: PASLP2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT