ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Session 2 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

pretty clearly 2 nf for aeillo. no guarantee his tank holds up if the correct call is made, but still a terrible call. and terrible calls happen and fans turn their eyes away from the ones that help their teams. just part of sports. iowa got one last year. you guys got one this year. it won't be last time for either of us. feel worse for the individuals who get screwed than anything.

pretty clearly 2 nf for aeillo. no guarantee his tank holds up if the correct call is made, but still a terrible call. and terrible calls happen and fans turn their eyes away from the ones that help their teams. just part of sports. iowa got one last year. you guys got one this year. it won't be last time for either of us. feel worse for the individuals who get screwed than anything.
No challenge brick?? If it’s an obvious mistake there should be a turnover or a review at the very least

Today's Summary: Mildly satisfied. Hoped for better. A few bonus points nearly cashed. Cautiously optimistic for tomorrow. Still wondering how someone could stand up...peel hands and then escape in 2 seconds. A bit peeved that so many wrestlers can do absolutely nothing offensively for nearly 7 minutes and still win at the last second or in overtime. Still can't understand stalling as it is called.....sometimes by the same ref. A wrestler gets pushed into the table and loses on a stall call........while others down block for pretty much the entire 7 minutes and get called once. "Tomorrow's Gonna Be a Brighter Day"........Jim Croce

I don’t disagree about those points in the Dean match, but I thought the ref also missed Dean’s back points in a later sequence. Dean appeared in control in a Peterson position where I thought a danger count or back points should have been awarded. However, I don’t trust my judgment at that time of day during NCAA wrestling 😁
giphy.gif

Holy Sh&t! I've had two, absolutely, horrible days with horses. One foundered, while working on it, its bone pushes through its sole on his other foot. Has to be put down. Today, I have a therapeutic horse blow his knee, and has to be put down.

I've not been able to watch or read a damn thing, and this place is depressing as hell. Meanwhile, the pos troll is still here. What a crazy day.
Sounds awful! I am so sorry. I was pre-vet my first two years of college, then realized I didn’t think I could handle putting animals down, even when it’s the right thing to do.

Reactions: PD4thespawn and Ski
I definitely thought it was two nearfall watching it live. Maybe it’s my homerism, but watching the sequence several times now, I’m not so sure. He may not have been past 45 for more than a second. Definitely looks more borderline than what I remembered anyway. To me, Dean’s danger takedown to win it was much less controversial, and potentially could’ve been nearfall for him too. I obviously don’t subscribe to the conspiracy theories, but this was a couple of tricky positions to get right. The nearfall was challenged however, and a different official reviewed the video and didn’t overturn the call. Survive and move on, right? 😬

Hats off to Aiello though. Kid balled out.

I definitely thought it was two nearfall watching it live. Maybe it’s my homerism, but watching the sequence several times now, I’m not so sure. He may not have been past 45 for more than a second. Definitely looks more borderline than what I remembered anyway. To me, Dean’s danger takedown to win it was much less controversial, and potentially could’ve been nearfall for him too. I obviously don’t subscribe to the conspiracy theories, but this was a couple of tricky positions to get right. The nearfall was challenged however, and a different official reviewed the video and didn’t overturn the call. Survive and move on, right? 😬

I thought it should have been 2, although it was pretty close. I had a 2 1/2 count, but the camera angle isn’t the best. Are there other cameras that refs have access to?

That being said, Aiello kind of bailed on the position a little early. I think he would have gotten it if he fought harder to keep Max there.

That being said…It’s kind of ridiculous to compare that to Warner being stuck flat for 2 minutes against Reenan.

I posted before that I think IMO this is called 2 "on the mat" most of the time in practice. The 45 doesn't have to be quite 45 and the 2 seconds can be pretty quick by most guys that ref.

The problem came when it wasn't called "on the mat." Really tough to overturn that call, because likely the review is not really clear - angle, whether back was covered, etc.

But at the end of the day, even if it is called 2 for Aiello, which in theory would make the match tied at the end of regulation, does anyone really think Aiello wins that match? Dean's been money in those situations all year. Aiello's not taking him down at that point in the match and if per chance it gets to TB, it's all Dean.

Reactions: nerfstate
What time does session 3 start?
Look around a little bit before flailing

• Haha
Reactions: I.J.W.T.
I thought it should have been 2, although it was pretty close. I had a 2 1/2 count, but the camera angle isn’t the best. Are there other cameras that refs have access to?

That being said, Aiello kind of bailed on the position a little early. I think he would have gotten it if he fought harder to keep Max there.

That being said…It’s kind of ridiculous to compare that to Warner being stuck flat for 2 minutes against Reenan.
As well as the quick fall the Eirman got in the semis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT