3​
Ohio State
12​
209​
5​
4​
3​
3​
This can’t be right. I don’t see Rutgers..

those with pace makers shouldnt watch dean matches.....i need to watch that again.

brucki lost too.

what the heck just happened.....I either need more beer or less. not sure which
My vote is for more beer.

TeamPointsMaximum
Potential
Team Standings
Penn State
27.5​
245​
7​
6​
2​
3​
Arizona State
21.5​
193.5​
6​
5​
1​
1​
Michigan
21​
238​
8​
7​
1​
2​
Iowa
20​
265​
8​
6​
2​
3​
North Carolina State
15.5​
270.5​
6​
3​
4​
3​
Northern Iowa
14.5​
191.5​
4​
1​
4​
4​
Virginia Tech
14.5​
184​
6​
4​
2​
3​
Nebraska
14​
211​
7​
4​
1​
3​
Northwestern
13.5​
213.5​
5​
4​
5​
2​
Oregon State
13.5​
210.5​
6​
4​
2​
3​
Ohio State
12​
209​
5​
4​
3​
3​
Minnesota
11​
215​
3​
2​
6​
3​
Wisconsin
10.5​
217.5​
3​
2​
6​
2​
Someone needs to explain to me how NCSt can have 270.5 max points when they only have 3 in the QFs and 3 in the Cons 2.

Really good round I'd say. Should be close to same in the morning. Still gonna be exciting especially if Lewan can step up to the opportunity he's got.

Brady’s conversion rate is insanely high. Which makes his losses all the more frustrating
It really is remarkable. When he wrestles to win, he often does. When he wrestles not to lose a close match, he often does. Moral of the story? Push pace, shoot, and leave nothing for regret.

It really is remarkable. When he wrestles to win, he often does. When he wrestles not to lose a close match, he often does. Moral of the story? Push pace, shoot, and leave nothing for regret.
Or maybe Brady's conversion rate is so high as a function of not shooting for the sake of shooting?

He's not a whirlwind out there with the ability to put guys in bad spots. He waits for guys to break position and then capitalizes. Happens more often with less than elite guys. That's pretty much his style.

Or maybe Brady's conversion rate is so high as a function of not shooting for the sake of shooting?

He's not a whirlwind out there. He waits for guys to break position and then capitalizes. Happens more often with less than elite guys. That's pretty much his style.
There’s probably a happy medium in there somewhere.

Reactions: creamery freak

He's not a whirlwind out there with the ability to put guys in bad spots. He waits for guys to break position and then capitalizes. Happens more often with less than elite guys. That's pretty much his style.
This.

Berge's best shots are in close. It's really hard to get in close at this level of folk, unless the opponent makes a mistake.

Reactions: therod
No idea what his conversion rate is, but he seems at his best when his volume of attacks are up. Even if he isn't converting, he's pressuring the opponent. I'll take that all day over The Brady that does nothing for 3 periods and then gets caught flat footed in overtime on his opponent's first legit shot of the match.

I’m not saying he can be Nolf-esque. But he could be closer to Nolf than Hildebrant if he wanted to

Someone needs to explain to me how NCSt can have 270.5 max points when they only have 3 in the QFs and 3 in the Cons 2.
Don't pay attention to max points until at least after the quarters. It's completely meaningless at this stage of the tournament. Unless, for example, Schultz and Parris can pin each other tomorrow and both advance,

No idea what his conversion rate is, but he seems at his best when his volume of attacks are up. Even if he isn't converting, he's pressuring the opponent. I'll take that all day over The Brady that does nothing for 3 periods and then gets caught flat footed in overtime on his opponent's first legit shot of the match.
This ^

It's okay for Iowa fans to complain about Aiello/Dean because they all were condemning how badly Reenan, an underdog ACC wrestler, got screwed against Warner last year. Exact same energy, they're all consistent and not hypocrites at all.

His volume of attacks is up when facing a lesser caliber of opponent.

He's not an NC-level guy, but he's pretty darn good. If he's going to beat top-15 guys, he's got to pick his spots. Sometimes that doesn't go your way.

He didn't wrestle badly against Wilits. Wilits did what he did well, you can debate whether Wilits tactics should not be penalized, but he was allowed to do the same thing against Carr and you saw what happened.

I don't think Brady's any different than he was earlier in the tourney, at the B1G tourney, earlier this season, or earlier in his career. This tourney can be rough. Sometimes you need a few 50/50s to go your way.

#1 Penn State 27
#2 Arizona State 22
#3 Michigan 21
#4 Iowa 20

125:
PSU: #16 Hildebrandt vs #15 Teske (UNI)
ASU: #4 Courtney, ASU vs #5 Cardinale, WVU (QF)
UM: #1 Suriano, MICH vs #24 Latona, VT (QF)

133:
PSU: #1 RBY vs #25 Courtney, UVA (QF)
ASU: #3 McGee, ASU vs #6 Ragusin, MICH (QF)

141:
PSU: #1 Lee vs #8 Willits, ORST (QF)
ASU: N/A
UM: #24 Micic, MICH vs #26 Tal Shahar, NW

149:
PSU: #13 Bartlett vs #19 Yahya Thomas, NW
ASU: #5 Parco, ASU vs #4 Sasso, OSU (QF)
UM: N/A

157:
PSU: #16 Berge vs #15 Johnny Lovett, CMU
ASU: #3 Teemer, ASU vs #6 Franek, NDSU (QF)
UM: #8 Lewan, MICH vs #17 Willits, ORST (QF)

165:
PSU: N/A
ASU: #18 Anthony Valencia, ASU vs (11) Izzak Olejnik, NIU
UM: #6 Amine, MICH vs #3 Marinelli, IOWA (QF)

174:
PSU #1 CStar vs #9 Labriola, NEB (QF)
UM: #3 Massa, MICH vs #6 Plott, OKST (QF)

184:
PSU: #2 Brooks vs #7 Romero, OHST (QF)
UM: #1 Amine, MICH vs #9 Braunagel, ILL (QF)

197:
PSU: #1 Dean vs #8 Deprez, BING (QF)
ASU: #16 Kordell Norfleet, ASU vs #18 Luke Stout, PRIN
UM: #4 Brucki vs #19 Jacob Cardenas, COR

285:
PSU: #4 Kerkvliet vs #12 Lance, NEB (QF)
ASU: #2 Schultz, ASU vs #7 Parris, MICH (QF)

Winners of QF matches get 6 placement points + 1 advancement + any bonus.
PSU is favored in all 6 QF matches.
ASU is favored in 4 QF matches.
Michigan is favored in 4 QF matches.
Iowa is favored in 2 QF matches by seeding.

Last edited:

He's not an NC-level guy, but he's pretty darn good. If he's going to beat top-15 guys, he's got to pick his spots. Sometimes that doesn't go your way.

He didn't wrestle badly against Wilits. Wilits did what he did well, you can debate whether Wilits tactics should not be penalized, but he was allowed to do the same thing against Carr and you saw what happened.

I don't think Brady's any different than he was earlier in the tourney, at the B1G tourney, earlier this season, or earlier in his career. This tourney can be rough. Sometimes you need a few 50/50s to go your way.
Should definitely be penalized. He does nothing and does it well. I wanted both Brady and Carr to win and it was pretty hard to watch someone do virtually zero and not get in trouble for it.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Holy Sh&t! I've had two, absolutely, horrible days with horses. One foundered, while working on it, its bone pushes through its sole on his other foot. Has to be put down. Today, I have a therapeutic horse blow his knee, and has to be put down.

I've not been able to watch or read a damn thing, and this place is depressing as hell. Meanwhile, the pos troll is still here. What a crazy day.
Sorry to hear that HS! Really sucks! Better day tomorrow!!!!

Overall nice round. Rby with the pull back pin which was awesome. Stevenson with the jump over. Red got screwed by the ref. How can the ref make that call is beyond ridiculous. Lance wrestled well, brands whined and cried as usual. Dean got lucky but didn’t quit either so as they say in golf if you miss hit it hit it down the middle.
Hildebrandt pulled it out, wish we knew what has changed with his wrestling. Berge was in big champ form and I hope he keeps attacking.
Long day tomororw. Care and eirmann upset. Let’s hope our top guys keep rocking!!

I’m just hoping we don’t get an overly ambitious ref in the rby/desanto semi tomorrow night based on how both Wilits’ matches hav been called.

Should definitely be penalized. He does nothing and does it well. I wanted both Brady and Carr to win and it was pretty hard to watch someone do virtually zero and not get in trouble for it.
Yeah it’s certainly not exciting wrestling. With certain officials he’s probably 0-2, with others he’s allowed to hang out long enough to do something wild like beat a guy like Carr.

#1 Penn State 27
#2 Arizona State 22
#3 Michigan 21
#4 Iowa 20

125:
PSU: #16 Hildebrandt vs #15 Teske (UNI)
ASU: #4 Courtney vs #5 Cardinale, WVU (QF)
UM: #1 Suriano vs #24 Latona, VT (QF)

133:
PSU: #1 RBY vs #25 Courtney, UVA (QF)
ASU: #3 McGee, ASU vs #6 Ragusin, MICH (QF)

141:
PSU: #1 Lee vs #8 Willits, ORST (QF)
UM: #24 Micic, MICH vs #26 Tal Shahar, NW

149:
PSU: #13 Bartlett vs #19 Yahy (QF)a Thomas, NW
ASU: #5 Parco, ASU vs #4 Sasso, OSU (QF)
UM: N/A

157:
PSU: #16 Berge vs #15 Johnny Lovett, CMU
ASU: #3 Teemer, ASU vs #6 Franek, NDSU (QF)
UM: #8 Lewan, MICH vs #17 Willits, ORST (QF)

165:
PSU: N/A
ASU: (18) Anthony Valencia vs (11) Izzak Olejnik, NIU
UM: #6 Amine, MICH vs #3 Marinelli, IOWA (QF)

174:
PSU #1 CStar vs #9 Labriola, NEB (QF)
UM: #3 Massa, MICH vs #6 Plott, OKST (QF)

184:
PSU: #2 Brooks vs #7 Romero, OHST (QF)
UM: #1 Amine, MICH vs #9 Braunagel, ILL (QF)

197:
PSU: #1 Dean vs #8 Deprez, BING (QF)
ASU: #16 Kordell Norfleet, ASU vs #18 Luke Stout, PRIN
UM: #4 Brucki vs #19 Jacob Cardenas, COR

285:
PSU: #4 Kerkvliet vs #12 Lance, NEB (QF)
ASU: #2 Schultz, ASU vs #7 Parris, Mich (QF)
Good chance to go 9-0 or 8-1. Looking forward to it

Reactions: 7Springs
Seriously, I looked at the bracket when they brought it up. If deacon gets upset then lewan may have a real shot. Just crazy when you think about that .otherwise deacon is very happy that carr lost.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT